Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gidday homies!

Thanks kindly for the concern. All good here folks. Earthquakes quite common place here but that one was a biggie and around 400km North of us. There was a Tsunami warning but not even a ripple here so all good and life goes on....

Anyway its a new day and every new day is a good one right!

Let the programme resume :-)
Old 04-14-2014, 12:48 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Gidday homies! Thanks kindly for the concern. All good here folks. Earthquakes quite common place here but that one was a biggie and around 400km North of us. There was a Tsunami warning but not even a ripple here so all good and life goes on.... Anyway its a new day and every new day is a good one right! Let the programme resume :-)
Glad to hear all's well!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:50 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Guys. PAG will need to organise more than an earthquake to make me go away LOL!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Okay - Have an issue and looking for advice and others' may be in same position. I know technically I am not an Owner but I traded in my R8 for a $120,000 back in July. My tax credit runs out at the end of April which could cost me $9600. This is no chunk of change that I am going to throw away. I was at the Dealer and they said that Porsche should be responsible and I should have hard conversations with my Concierge. Now, as soon as I was contacted after the "stop sale", I had my Concierge note that this was a major concern. I left a message this morning and I am waiting for my phone call. How about that. Not an Owner but car almost paid in full and car sitting at the Port and a good chance I take it in the """. Tell me this is not a crappy situation
Old 04-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sent you a PM there may be a way to save the tax credit.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:51 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Thanks Guys. PAG will need to organise more than an earthquake to make me go away LOL!
lol, That's the spirit! Glad to hear all is well, mate.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:30 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

has everyone gotten called?, I havent gotten a call yet.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:33 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by dark knight
No call for me
Old 04-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
No call.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:10 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
No call.
No call here either.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following questions were posed by me to PCNA, with answers received on 4/14/2014 highlighted after each question.
As a "delivered" owner, I took delivery of my GT3 01/07/2014 and it currently sits at dealer in eastern PA since return of vehicle on 3/06/2014.

1. Is the $2,000/month compensation, retroactive to 2/20/14, provided as
single payment to me on date I take repossession of the GT3 AND sign the liability waiver ... the amount equal to $2,000/mo x (days/30)?

When we receive confirmation from your dealership that repairs have been completed, a letter will be generated with the previously advised release.
You will send that back to PCNA and we will cut a check for the entire amount. The rate would be from February 20th until the ending date on the repair order.
From receipt of signed letter, a check will take 2-3 weeks.

2. Is the additional 1-year warranty extension transferable to new owner,
including a dealer, should I wish to sell/trade-in GT3 prior to 1/24/2019 (the end of my extended warranty period)?

The extended warranty stays with the VIN and not with the owner. So if you sold the GT3 to another owner, they would receive the benefit of extra
warranty.

3. What is my order in the queue for engine replacements within North
America, i.e. how many orders came in to PCNA prior to mine? This will give me a better idea when to expect the GT3 will get a new engine and be ready for return to me.
I understand from PCNA that this is the order which will be used for new engine installs.

We do not have access to that information. Obviously this is a global
issue, and as such, it is hard to say where you car falls into place. This
is the biggest piece of information unavailable at this time. The only time
line I can give you is the previously communicated April 22 beginning
production date. From that point, we have received no further information
to date. I do know that upon completion, the engines are anticipated to be
air freighted to the US. I apologize that I don't have more information on
this subject at this time.

This information may be known to some of you, but I suspect useful to at least part of the forum.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:02 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

@ snabbgt3 - Thanks for posting this!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
The following questions were posed by me to PCNA, with answers received on 4/14/2014 highlighted after each question. As a "delivered" owner, I took delivery of my GT3 01/07/2014 and it currently sits at dealer in eastern PA since return of vehicle on 3/06/2014. 1. Is the $2,000/month compensation, retroactive to 2/20/14, provided as single payment to me on date I take repossession of the GT3 AND sign the liability waiver ... the amount equal to $2,000/mo x (days/30)? When we receive confirmation from your dealership that repairs have been completed, a letter will be generated with the previously advised release. You will send that back to PCNA and we will cut a check for the entire amount. The rate would be from February 20th until the ending date on the repair order. From receipt of signed letter, a check will take 2-3 weeks. 2. Is the additional 1-year warranty extension transferable to new owner, including a dealer, should I wish to sell/trade-in GT3 prior to 1/24/2019 (the end of my extended warranty period)? The extended warranty stays with the VIN and not with the owner. So if you sold the GT3 to another owner, they would receive the benefit of extra warranty. 3. What is my order in the queue for engine replacements within North America, i.e. how many orders came in to PCNA prior to mine? This will give me a better idea when to expect the GT3 will get a new engine and be ready for return to me. I understand from PCNA that this is the order which will be used for new engine installs. We do not have access to that information. Obviously this is a global issue, and as such, it is hard to say where you car falls into place. This is the biggest piece of information unavailable at this time. The only time line I can give you is the previously communicated April 22 beginning production date. From that point, we have received no further information to date. I do know that upon completion, the engines are anticipated to be air freighted to the US. I apologize that I don't have more information on this subject at this time. This information may be known to some of you, but I suspect useful to at least part of the forum.
This is helpful--thanks for posting and laying out the Q&A so clearly.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
The following questions were posed by me to PCNA, with answers received on 4/14/2014 highlighted after each question.
As a "delivered" owner, I took delivery of my GT3 01/07/2014 and it currently sits at dealer in eastern PA since return of vehicle on 3/06/2014.

1. Is the $2,000/month compensation, retroactive to 2/20/14, provided as
single payment to me on date I take repossession of the GT3 AND sign the liability waiver ... the amount equal to $2,000/mo x (days/30)?

When we receive confirmation from your dealership that repairs have been completed, a letter will be generated with the previously advised release.
You will send that back to PCNA and we will cut a check for the entire amount. The rate would be from February 20th until the ending date on the repair order.
From receipt of signed letter, a check will take 2-3 weeks.

2. Is the additional 1-year warranty extension transferable to new owner,
including a dealer, should I wish to sell/trade-in GT3 prior to 1/24/2019 (the end of my extended warranty period)?

The extended warranty stays with the VIN and not with the owner. So if you sold the GT3 to another owner, they would receive the benefit of extra
warranty.

3. What is my order in the queue for engine replacements within North
America, i.e. how many orders came in to PCNA prior to mine? This will give me a better idea when to expect the GT3 will get a new engine and be ready for return to me.
I understand from PCNA that this is the order which will be used for new engine installs.

We do not have access to that information. Obviously this is a global
issue, and as such, it is hard to say where you car falls into place. This
is the biggest piece of information unavailable at this time. The only time
line I can give you is the previously communicated April 22 beginning
production date. From that point, we have received no further information
to date. I do know that upon completion, the engines are anticipated to be
air freighted to the US. I apologize that I don't have more information on
this subject at this time.

This information may be known to some of you, but I suspect useful to at least part of the forum.
It was explained to me that the time $ starts from the date the computer showed your delivery to be on the day of the stop sale and not from the stop sale date itself. Can anyone clarify this.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 AM
IvanBurns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very useful information, snabbgt3. Thanks for posting.

In my call I got a bit more satisfying response to my question about the schedule of engine swaps. See post # 4130 in the Stop Sale thread.

As a point of reference for those of you that haven't yet received your call yet, my GT3 was delivered on 1/10, and I received my call yesterday (Monday). Note that snabbgt3 took delivery of his GT3 three days before me, but received his call later. Furthermore, I have a friend who hasn't even taken delivery of his car yet, but he got his call last Friday.

I would suggest that the next one of you that receives your call from PCNA should ask what logic is being used to determine the order of calls, and report the response here.

Quick Reply: Compensation