Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

TomTom77 -Appreciate all what you have shared. Do you believe that Porsche had no intention on those that have received their car to roll the warranty back to when they receive the new engine? For instance, for those in the US every one would get an equal 5 years and those that received their cars would not get screwed
Old 04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
TomTom77 -Appreciate all what you have shared. Do you believe that Porsche had no intention on those that have received their car to roll the warranty back to when they receive the new engine? For instance, for those in the US every one would get an equal 5 years and those that received their cars would not get screwed
My bet is that contractually, the new vehicle warranty starts on delivery date. It would be far easier to give a longer extended warranty (which begins after the new vehicle warranty ends...) than to amend the start date of the new vehicle warranty.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Eronbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the start of another day I will await a call from Porsche. At the suggestion of my dealer I called the concierge two days ago. Received a recorded message and left a message. No response yet. I am not holding my breath. My car has been on the dock in San Diego for six weeks. My dealer has been great but they possess no more information than we have. The problem with Porsche comes from the very top of the organization. I believe they have been preoccupied with the launch and delay of production of the baby SUV (they plan for 50,000 units of that car this year). The long time Porsche owners and GT3 buyers are brand ambassadors. At least we used to be. Now the focus is on soccer moms.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:59 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Eronbo
With the start of another day I will await a call from Porsche. At the suggestion of my dealer I called the concierge two days ago. Received a recorded message and left a message. No response yet. I am not holding my breath. My car has been on the dock in San Diego for six weeks. My dealer has been great but they possess no more information than we have. The problem with Porsche comes from the very top of the organization. I believe they have been preoccupied with the launch and delay of production of the baby SUV (they plan for 50,000 units of that car this year). The long time Porsche owners and GT3 buyers are brand ambassadors. At least we used to be. Now the focus is on soccer moms.
I am with you, literally. Our cars are just sitting there, exposed.

The folks on the East Coast and Houston are in even worse positions, with cars sitting there since early to mid February and exposed to far worse elements.

These cars will not be delivered in the condition that would be typical of a factory ordered new Porsche. And this is something we should address with our reps.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTom77
Utterly off-topic, but do they? If so, I'm clearly at the wrong bank!
Hi TomTom, you really have been great and I really appreciate all the support and that you are really standing with us. God bless you.... By the way I did not really mean you in particular regarding the bitching or complaining and I do apologize for the comment. It is just a general rule in the Middle East about who screams the loudest gets usually their way, and if you have been living in the Middle East you would understand what I mean.

As to the bank I use, it is DIB (Dubai Islamic Bank), their bonds rates I believe is currently set at 5.3%, and last year I was able to lock my money at 6.5% compared to 0.5% here in the States even for deposits exceeding a million dollars. DIB has been the best bank performer for past 5 years. I was skeptical at first until I saw their excellent performance. See below link for article on this bank.

Again thank you so much.......Mark

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ield-hunt.html
Old 04-11-2014, 10:11 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
My bet is that contractually, the new vehicle warranty starts on delivery date. It would be far easier to give a longer extended warranty (which begins after the new vehicle warranty ends...) than to amend the start date of the new vehicle warranty.
I agree. I think by law the warranty has to start at purchase date, which means PCNA can instead give owners who took possession of their cars, 18 months warranty extension rather than 12 months for people who yet to receive their cars. That would probably be the most logical solution. Mark
Old 04-11-2014, 10:13 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eronbo
The long time Porsche owners and GT3 buyers are brand ambassadors. At least we used to be. Now the focus is on soccer moms.
If I ask Santa for a wish, it would be to make me a soccer mom, so Porsche would love me again.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:16 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
I am with you, literally. Our cars are just sitting there, exposed.

The folks on the East Coast and Houston are in even worse positions, with cars sitting there since early to mid February and exposed to far worse elements.

These cars will not be delivered in the condition that would be typical of a factory ordered new Porsche. And this is something we should address with our reps.
As you know the GT3 has much less Corrosion warranty than the other Porsches. I would demand 3 year additional corrosion warranty.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^Well then this is not negotiable. All people who have their cars can not be treated unfairly. My car is at the port and supposedly I will now have a 5 year warranty. Wish it was 6 though but it is what it is and I do not have the leverage you all have. I hope you all get 18 months to 2 years added which I bet they will concede. I am trying to stay positive but every one should be treated fairly. This is the one area that need to be watched closely
Old 04-11-2014, 10:23 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by mqandil
As you know the GT3 has much less Corrosion warranty than the other Porsches. I would demand 3 year additional corrosion warranty.
Good point, Mark. Will definitely bring it up.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

OQ991 -My car is at the Port in Rhode Island and sitting out there bothers me more than the engine replacement. I did speak to my dealership about this. They did convey that my car will be delivered like any other new car. I was reassured it would be detailed ect. This I do believe. I do not for one instance think they are going to try to title me a car that looks like crap. I will not have it titled until I feel that I am satisfied with the presentation
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Mark, does it say that in your GT3's warranty documents? I ask because if I recall correctly, Mike in CA posted in late December that the 991 GT3's have the same 12 year corrosion warranty that the rest of the 991's do.

By the way, the car I ordered has been sitting at the Port of Houston since February 11th, but my dealer has confirmed that it is being stored indoors.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:44 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Mark, I'm pretty sure this is no longer the case (once was) so one less thing to worry about... The 997.2s have a 10yr corrosion warranty so the 991s will have at least that. Not an ideal way to store the car but you'll be sufficiently protected by warranty.

I know this because mine is in for it's 4yr major and a corrosion inspection was one of the items needing to be done
Old 04-11-2014, 10:47 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Hey Jimmy,

I guess we'll never know for sure. I do know that within 48 hours of me starting the intensive discussion on the 1 vs. 2 years extended warranty, it was resolved.

So, knowing Porsche's (PAG) 'speed' in decision making so far, everybody can draw their own conclusion. I would be very proud if it was my doing, but I'm afraid I struggle to even convince myself of that... unless it was decided between the dealer and regional office only.

But still, guys, if they did it here, they should do it everywhere! Hold on to that!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:46 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Silver
Although I do understand where you are coming from on this but I have to point out that people who are financing this car are now paying money to the bank every month to drive a car they can't drive, and not counting the high insurance some pay for cars like this. So there is an actual money implication to people who have taken possession of the car. Even for the people who have paid cash like myself and Mike, we could be using the money to invest in Stocks or earn interest somewhere. Remember I have a branch office for my US company in Dubai and banks there, unlike the US pay extremely high interest rates on large sums of money sitting in the bank. So there has to be an additional compensation for people who have actually made full financial commitments to Porsche, and have car payments & insurance premiums to pay. I think thats what Mike is talking about.

Aside from that the rest should be the same, although I feel you guys should have an additional compensation to account for your cars sitting at ports exposed to nasty environment, and that can be done by offering you additional discounts or perhaps 3 additional years of corrosion warranty & perhaps even paint warranty as well. Just to be fair. Mark
Hey Mark, If you have financed the car PAG will cover your car payment. The only difference is the ~$100 a month for insurance and another $100 for registration. See post # 683 by Leilani from San Diego that wrote:
"All this compensation talk.....I just want to drive my car. I'm tired of driving the Cayenne around. At least they are paying my car payments until the new engine is put back in"

Quick Reply: Compensation