Sponsored by:

Peek at the incoming RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 03:18 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
OP: you're being disingenuous by claiming you weren't looking for opinions. As shown in your quote (shown above), you're asking for those who do so to only share positive opinions. It's even more disingenuous to say you don't care what others think. You clearly care very much what others think. You are posting it on a web forum. That's the whole point of a web forum.
I can see how it may look. However, you're a bit off in regards to my situation.
I thought I would share for others looking for ideas and just generally sharing out of my excitement.
I don't care what others think about what I do, trust me here. However, what I DO care about, and what gets me fired up are how people can be so mean-spirited towards me, when I'm not doing anything to warrant such a response. I guess I'm just being naive...shame on me.
Also...as far as I know...the meaning of the word disingenuous is to not be sincere. To describe my position as anything but sincere is off base...or at minimum not the ideal word for the situation.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:21 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I do like crazy Vinyl work. On this one; really like the color combo, would get rid of all the checkers, maybe do yellow end caps covered with black and have "4.0" cut out of the black so it shows thru in yellow- but that is me and it is your canvas- ENJOY
Hmmmm.....interesting idea re the end caps. Thanks Jimmy!
Old 08-29-2016, 03:22 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tonymission
I like the color combinations here and think you're onto something with the design. Personally a fan of loud colors, but it's definitely been a negative for me in many instances before. I'm sure you've considered all that. Happy for you and your order!
Thanks Tony!
Old 08-29-2016, 03:27 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Phil,
I can certainly see your evolving style from the sweet PT3 to this RS rendition ;

Like front fender vents yellow trim , and yellow detail on silver wheels , two color checker cool too;

my tweak to this rendering would be lose checker on the top of the car leaving it on the sides and as others have suggested carry the hood black up and over ( GT2 RS theme ), just PORSCHE in yellow on black wing, with yellow end caps label RS in black ;

would present a proud presence with a blend of cool reverence to GT styles

(just a word of cautious this is coming from guy driving a martini livery 3 on the street/track , poser alert )
Man, I really needed this. Lol. truly appreciate your kind words. I also like your ideas. Many of which I've had rendered already. I'm going to 'play' around and likely change it from time to time anyway.
Now I'm going to get shirts made up: 'WARNING: Porsche Poser - thinks he's a race car driver'.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:31 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MS7044
I like it. And as an earlier poster pointed out its vinyl and you can change so initially I would go full out (as you seem to be) with everything you think you want and looks good to you on the rendering. Then just modify later if you like. Word of warning I tried to modify my front fender "gills" and removing them was going to be a major piece of body work so try to see if your mods can be done to the gills while in place (I assume it's just vinyl being applied so you can). Love the yellow front indicators. Congrats on the car. I really liked your Gt3 as well.
Thanks Brother! Yeah, I expect to be 'playing' around with the design for some time and will likely keep evolving / changing it as I go.
Best wishes.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:42 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Phil,

If you want to build something very custom, and very particular to you -- great! Build and enjoy!

But - please don't be upset when you post something in a public place, and people offer criticism.

Lastly, - I love this forum because of the maturity level - there's certainly no need to entertain threats or violence.
I do get upset when people offer mean-spirited criticism when there's really no reason for it. What ever happened to 'if you have nothing nice to say...' This is supposed to be a forum for fellow enthusiasts... Why be anything but polite and nice to each other?
But I guess I'm just being naive. Shame on me for thinking and hoping people can just be nice to each other.
Lastly, I don't make threats. I simply always welcome folks to be just as rude/bold/mean/tough in person as they are over their keyboard. If they are, fine. But I've found 99.999% are not.
Oh, by the way.... I'm extremely immature. Sooooooo.....

Originally Posted by Sloopy
Can't understand why anyone would criticize someones else's stuff. If not my cup of tea I just wouldn't own it myself but its a free world (so far) so to each his own.

I do personally like the design though...
BINGO!!! Thank You!!!!!! Exactly my point. It baffles me how people don't get that.

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
I'm grabbing some popcorn, this seems to be getting good. If this car is used only for the track, then why not....
Exactly where the car will spend most of its time. On track. IMO, that's where the RS should be. But it won't be 'only' for track use. I'll take it to rally's, maybe a car show or two for charity, rarely a C&C, etc... Never to dinner or an appointment, etc....
Old 08-29-2016, 03:51 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
I like it. My only feedback would be perhaps to lose the circle on the door with the 77. There are no other circles anywhere. Perhaps just put the car number in black without the circle. Also, if you're going to go Le Mans style yellow on front indicators, then might as well do the headlights too. Personally, I think it's unnecessary, but whatever you like. Glad to see the silver wheel resurgence of late. Cheers
Hmmm.... Interesting point regarding the number. We did a bunch of designs for door number. The circled one 'spoke' to me.

And re the headlights.... I'm torn... Ideally I'd go yellow on the headlights, but don't want to risk the need to drive at night....and I live in an area with lots of fields and woods and wildlife. So I don't want to ruin the functionality of the headlights
Old 08-29-2016, 04:05 AM
ablee2323
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post. Thanks for sharing the enthusiasm. I think it'll look great no matter what you end up going with.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:37 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

I like to experiment and do things most people can't or won't even try pulling off.
[/QUOTE]

i admire your willingness to create a unique look and stand out from the crowd, i look forward to seeing the finished result.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:14 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 428 Posts

Who cares what others think, do the car up to make yourself happy. Personally not for me, but I am rather dull and boring. but if I saw it on the road, I would stare and gawk and try to say hi. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 08-29-2016, 12:47 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome looking ride Phil!

I do like it as is but if I were to make any changes it would be the following:

1) Remove the 77 and circle from the doors but leave the 77 on the hood and rear bumper.

2) On the two sides of the wing instead of having the checkered pattern there I would just do a solid yellow.

3) On the trunk, and portion right above the GT3 RS logo in the rear, I would leave off the checkered pattern and only keep it on the roof and sides of the car.

Other than that it's pretty sublime. I really dig the yellow vents and side mirrors.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:57 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 80 Posts

OP just curious but were you homeschooled?
Old 08-29-2016, 03:12 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
Old 08-29-2016, 04:03 PM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
Simply at a loss here. I can only hope the circle comes around for people that make comments as such.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:16 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

instead of doing a checker pattern could you do some other kind of gradient or "explosion" of shapes to show speed of the car when moving? Just an idea. I like the colors, but think you could take the checker pattern to the next level a little more.

Quick Reply: Peek at the incoming RS