Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RichiRich
That's certainly a unique interior!!
I actually wondered what drugs my customer was on when I first saw it, but after a while it really does grow on you. Seriously, it does!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colin,

I was under the impression Fuchs wont clear the brakes on a 964,and on the other thread you mentioned fitting spacers, what size spacers did you fit and is there any other work involved ?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GazC2
Colin,

I was under the impression Fuchs wont clear the brakes on a 964,and on the other thread you mentioned fitting spacers, what size spacers did you fit and is there any other work involved ?
The offset of the 16" Fuchs is too much for the narrow body 964 (by ~30mm) but slap a set of 930 arches on and they are a perfect fit. Then it is just a matter of playing with narrow spacer shims to get the front wheels to clear the calipers, can't remember what we used but I'm sure it was no more than 5 or 6mm. Longer wheel studs have to be used with these.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 AM
tomato
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy New year to all , hope you had a good break, apologies for the lack of postings Ive been travelling too much.

Just to answer Gaz and Colin's Fuchs question Fuchs Germany have said that they can supply suitable genuine Fuchs now for a 964, I was surprised at how reasonable they were. Do look at their website.

http://www.fuchsfelge.de/index.php?id=386&L=1

This wont suit my project as I'm looking for the well used look
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM
tomato
Instructor

FYI I've had a few words ' redacted' with the addition of some asterix's by the Rennlist word policing department. I was ,of course, referring to the English slang word for a cigarette, not the word used in America for a homosexual. I hope that clears this transatlantic communication error and there wont be a diplomatic incident...I sold the cigarette lighter, I wasnt planning on torching any homosexuals....
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomato
FYI I've had a few words ' redacted' with the addition of some asterix's by the Rennlist word policing department. I was ,of course, referring to the English slang word for a cigarette, not the word used in America for a homosexual. I hope that clears this transatlantic communication error and there wont be a diplomatic incident...I sold the cigarette lighter, I wasnt planning on torching any homosexuals....

priceless
Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM
tomato
Instructor

Default Roll cage is in...

But I cant seem tp upload any photos...right size...right dimenions...I'm a Rennlist member...no joy...will try tomorrow...the cage is a 1974 design! Looks fabulous.

If only I could share this joy with the magic of photos....
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tomato
Happy New year to all , hope you had a good break, apologies for the lack of postings Ive been travelling too much.

Just to answer Gaz and Colin's Fuchs question Fuchs Germany have said that they can supply suitable genuine Fuchs now for a 964, I was surprised at how reasonable they were. Do look at their website.

http://www.fuchsfelge.de/index.php?id=386&L=1

This wont suit my project as I'm looking for the well used look

The new Fuch wheels are ABS fitment to suit late 944/968/964/993/996/etc., i.e. offset 52 or thereabouts. The early non-ABS fitment Fuch 15" & 16" wheels are still only available through Porsche.

As for the lighter: Lol.

Remember the old joke:
Q: What flies round and round an ashtray at 100mph?
A: An E-type cigarette.
Doesn't have the same impact stateside I'm afraid.....
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM
tomato
Instructor

Default Uploading now works

I've decided to go for a retro looking cage and I think it looks right for the period. The work on welding new metal for the rear lights to fit is done as is the adjustment on the front spoiler to fit in the bulky coolers/ radiators.

Theyve put a borrowed set of 911 Turbo/ 930 Wheels to show how it will sit, with some small spacing on the fronts they are a good fit and will not need any further adjustment. This makes me very happy that I sold a perfect set of split rim 930 Turbo alloys with rare and period Pirelli Cinturato Gumball tyres having been told ages ago that they would fit over the brakes. They do. Bollox.
Attached Images    
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 AM
tomato
Instructor

Default Twin exit rear exhaust problems

One of the stickier issues is trying to get that dual exit rear exhaust right without getting rid of the heater or creating too much noise or emmission by deleting the back box. Plus all this has to fit behind a smaller rear bumper, impossible with a 2.7 RS look but just about possible with the 3.0RS we've put on. I can of course get one custom made at huge cost but after some research we did find that Fabspeed USA made one that looks like it works.

I'd like to thank Jeff at Fabspeed for advising on suitability, making up plain tubes rather than the shiney tipped ones and getting it to my hotel in Miami all within 48 hours. Outstanding customer service that saved me a lot of money as I took it back myself to the UK as a personal import. Or so I thought.

Until American Airlines got hold of it.

OK I admit that I missed my flight (thank you Panerai for your typically Italian time keeping qualities) but in this day and age how can an airline seriously allow my luggage to fly without me on the plane? In case you're wondering how I missed it American are the ONLY airline at Miami that do not announce boarding or make passenger calls. Nice. I was 10 feet from the gate listening out for information. The flight left early. Another nice touch for a missing customer flying in first class.

Also as a first for me ( I'm a regular gold traveller on two other airlines) the flight display boards do not mention boarding or last call. American do not have a phone number for customer service either. I'm serious, just a fax (? welcome to 2013 ) and an e mail. Unbelievable. Got my luggage and exhaust three days later at Heathrow...thank you BA.

Hope it fits...
Attached Images  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM
tomato
Instructor

Default Hood on...into paint today!

I have asked for a quote for the rear tea tray jobby as well as the ducktail, if there's paint in the gun anyway it wont be too expensive...happy to have it on my office wall anyway...

Cant make my mind up about having the roll cage black or Gulf Blue, black is a bit more accurate and 1974 but it looks sooo good from the outside with a Gulf cage...
Attached Images    
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 AM
tomato
Instructor

The bonnet we took off is worth many times the one we are putting on! Am loving the way this works...
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Great project. Keep the photos and updates coming.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
tomato
Instructor

Default Similar look but on a 1987 3.2

Friend just sent me these photos of a car that's just been sold, mine will look the same body wise, the guy had two bootlids with this one, the whale and the duck, I really prefer the ducktail look
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: 964 C4 backdate to 1973 Gulf 3.0 RS