Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mr. Regular doesn't like our cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Noahs944
Race Car

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by morghen
There you go, mr regular cant tell the difference between a fast car and a car thats crap to drive.
He keeps asking why are those things raced, obviously he cant tell a good car from a bad one.
well summed up
Old 10-27-2016, 09:56 AM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

The day I start listening to this tool about cars - is the day I drive off a bridge on my way home
Old 10-27-2016, 10:12 AM
CVR_Rally
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I have never driving an 8V and only the S I can't compare the two...I like my S despite all the work I'm having to pour into it.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I think some of you are taking this guy waaaay to seriously. I've listened / watched a few vids and I think satire might be what I'm hearing - or maybe that just me.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:51 AM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morghen
...today's world is filled with publicly adored mediocrity....and thats visible from the bottom of the food chain like YT car reviewers to the top of the top like american president candidates that made it into "the finals"
Excellent quote... and so true.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:54 PM
KVDR
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Here's a better video on the 944
Old 10-29-2016, 03:26 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Perfect

poignant

and spot on. Thanks for sharing this ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-29-2016, 06:33 AM
924srr27l
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrgreenjeans
Perfect

poignant

Yes, that's the HUGE contrast between an enthuasiast that loves Transaxles and has then gone one further and created a business here in the UK, compared to someone like Mr. Reg who clearly does not "get it"

R
Old 10-29-2016, 12:16 PM
Noahs944
Race Car

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Perfect

poignant

Indeed KDVR, great ambassador.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:23 PM
neilll
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Mr regular is pretty funny I think. He does a great job of spinning pop culture, owner stereotypes, and a cars characteristics, with a handful of fart and sex jokes, into something pretty unique. He liked the 928(as much as you can deduce such things from his review of that car, which seems to state it is a car that was ahead of its time and is good but doesn't quite fit a niche).

I think if he drove a more well sorted 944 he would come away probably more content. The 944 isn't validated or invalidated by one persons opinion, so everyone here just needs to take a deep breath.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:00 PM
pfarah7
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 148 Posts

KVDR,

Thank you! Now that is properly promoting the 944. I just fell in love with my car all over again... Too bad it's crappy outside.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:59 PM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neilll
Mr regular is pretty funny I think. He does a great job of spinning pop culture, owner stereotypes, and a cars characteristics, with a handful of fart and sex jokes, into something pretty unique.
Yeah I guess I would have found him to be hilarious when I was 12.
To me, he's about as funny as brain damage. Which isn't really all that funny. And coincidentally, he sounds like he's suffered from at some point in his life.

Sorry man, not trying to take anything out on you, just... one of my pet peeves is idiots that manage to wrangle themselves into positions of influence over a great many other idiots. As someone said earlier, be they YouTubers or politicians...

Perfect
poignant
I couldn't have said it better. More points to KVDR for 'classing up' the thread.

If that last video doesn't grab you in the feels, you're probably on the wrong forum.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:15 AM
neilll
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

When you were 12 you would have found a 17 minute video on postmodernism as it relates to the pt cruiser funny? You were clearly an advanced 12 year old. Anyways, you guys are all judging him off one video and taking it way too personally.

Yeah, some of his humor is like family guy; others of it is pretty good for his medium and I think goes over a lot of people's heads.

He drove an out of shape 944, with big stupid wheels and probably oversize tires. If you're that personally hurt, email the dude and offer him to dive your car.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:53 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

unfortunately, there's a lot of truth contained in the op video. once sorted, they handle great. but there's very little extra advantage over your typical 2000s econobox. ...there is no cheap way to get any kind of serious performance from this platform. You'd probably be better off getting a decent used Cayman, driving it like you stole it, and eventually changing to a like, a 3.8 liter motor.

but, these 944/968 cars represent some of the most serious kit car platforms money can buy. no question. but you have to be prepared to go all the way.

i spent a little extra money and put a seriously fantastic motor in my car. i wasn't sure it was the right thing to do at first. it was a bit over the top/dramatic, etc... but, in the end it was worth it. i'd like to see 'the guy who made the video in the op' experience a 0–175mph–0 pass (on a long flat stretch of I-70 in Utah) in the Sledgehammer. you can drive the Sledgehammer around town on errands all day, every day for a month... then pack your bags and drive it coast to coast.... that's how i drive it. every day. i'm sure this car will go 200k miles with ease. you can take it up to supercar speeds when you feel like it. with the handling and braking what it is, (added to the power and gearing), it is in every way, a supercar. but it is also a daily car. i drove it 31 k miles in the first 12 months after getting the V8 swapped car on the road, and sorted. (a huge thanks goes to Doug Bray). i drove it coast to coast 4 times, and the car never quit.

i still haven't gotten around to figuring out why i can't get my heater to switch over to 'heat' from the vent. the fan works fine - but, when you turn the ****, there's no warm air. if you attempt to engage the turbo defrost, the fuse blows. i figure the problem is related. i'll get it sorted eventually. until that happens, it's not yet a winter car. maybe someone will take pity on me, and get in there - as i lack the time, patience and know how to tackle it.

Last edited by odurandina; 10-30-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:14 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm still hanging with the "better video" KVDR posted.

Don't mind me.

I still carry a Motorola flip phone also. And do my computer work on my p.c. when I can relax in my overstuffed leather chair. No electronic leash for me, or half bred mongrel to drive.

Simple life; less strife

Quick Reply: Mr. Regular doesn't like our cars