Sponsored by:

Wheel locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
xsbank
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Wheel locks

I have a 944 with 'twist' wheels and it came with a leetle key that is supposed to unlock the wheel locks... how is it supposed to work? I remove the black dust cap and stick the key in the slot and round and round it goes but nothing comes off or drops off and I still can't get the wheel off. Any help? Is there a detent? A super-secret twist-and-jerk? I can't get the $%#@&^* wheels off and I have ordered new struts and they will be here tomorrow aaarrrgghhh!

Somebody please help the old fart get his wheels off?!?
Old 11-20-2011, 10:48 PM
xsbank
Racer

Nobody? Presumably the center drops out of the lock when the correct key is turned - I have only one key but there is no resistance nor will the diabolical things spit out their centres. I have searched but there are no photos. Do I drill out the lock parts and will I find an allen head fitting or a torx or maybe Jimmy Hoffa? I have tried turning and pulling and turning and pushing and the whole center goes round and round and I'm no closer to getting the %$*@# things off except that a package of matches might solve the whole problem. German engineering.................
Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 PM
xsbank
Racer

Well, that was a giant waste of time. Guess I'm the only owner who has ever seen these atrocities. TTFN.

Quick Reply: Wheel locks