Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

+15mm Spacer Hardware?

Old 11-25-2010, 07:42 PM
5ivelug_ek
User

Default +15mm Spacer Hardware?

I just bought a used set of TechArt 15mm spacers (fig. 1) and can't seem to figure out what i need or where i can find the required hardware to make these work on my 996 with my HRE wheels (fig. 2). Where can i find bolts to hold the spacers to the hubs and mount flush so the wheels will mount flush with the spacer? Thanks!

fig. 1

fig. 2
Old 11-26-2010, 03:32 AM
jim dorociak
Addict
Rennlist Member

Many wheels actually a cut out between the lug areas that would allow the nut holding the bolt on spacer to sit. Since your wheel does not have that area, you need a 15mm spacer that just slides over the studs. On a spacer that large you have to put longer studs in. If you use a 4 - 6 mm slide on spacer you can get away with the factory length stud. Jim
Old 11-26-2010, 02:55 PM
5ivelug_ek
User

thanks Jim, I think my best option is to do a wheel bolt to extended stud conversion, and buy some new spacers that do not have built in studs.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:17 PM
911SLOW
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Nothing to do with wheels you are missing the spacers kit short bolts that mount the spacers flash on the hubs and also missing the nuts that hold the wheels on the spacers studs.

With the money needed to buy them buy a new spacer kit.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:02 PM
P. Ortiz
User

Quote: "I think my best option is to do a wheel bolt to extended stud conversion, and buy some new spacers that do not have built in studs".

If you are interested in selling these spacers, let me know. I might be able to use them on my 951 which uses studs. Thanks.

Pablo
Old 11-29-2010, 12:13 PM
[email protected]
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If it's just 15mm, take the studs pressed into the spacers out and buy longer bolts. That way the longer bolts just go through all of it and screw in. You have one point of connection instead of two. I have the longer bolts for $6 each if you need them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: