Sponsored by:

*New* Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *New* Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+

I spoke to my local tireshop (pretty knowledgeable) and they said that Michelin has introduced a new compound to attract a greater crowd. The tire is called Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+ and is something in between the PS2s and MPSCs. They are not just MPSCs with more thread pattern but rather a mix of the two rubber compounds AFAIK. Almost as good traction in dry conditions as the MPSCs and much more driveable on the street. Very interesting. The downside is ofcourse, the price. 330usd ea. for fronts and around 550usd ea. for rears. They are only available in 19" so far. Front 235/35/19 and rear 305/30/19. Optional on the new GT3RS and GT3. N-rated. Rolling circumferance is 2.3% difference F/R, which is a little more than standard fir the 993turbo but should work with the VC.

I have found very little information on these tyres. I guess they are pretty good for a mixed street and track application. My question is how much more driveable is this tyre on the street compared to the regular MPSC? For my application (75% street 25% track) and somewhat cold climate, the regular MPSCs is not a good idea. The PS2s are good but not optimal on the track. The question is whether the MPSC+s is the tyre I'm looking for..?

Quick Reply: *New* Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+