jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Michael -- bolts showed up today. Jim
Old 01-16-2008, 06:15 PM
race.it
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you still buy the bolts for these if you refurbish them? are they the same as you can get on the fvd.de site?
Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

First question is how long is the threaded portion of the bolt that you need. There are three different length bolt shafts - 32mm, 35mm and 37mm. I have seen 37mm long bolts on Speedline 3.6 turbo wheels, Aliseo Wheels of the mid 1990s version. The Speedline 993 RS wheels I have seen the 32mm long shaft bolts.

The last time I called fvd they only sold the 32mm long shaft bolts. $6.00 each.

How many do you need?

Jim
jdorociak@gmail.com
Old 01-17-2008, 03:32 AM
race.it
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have to pull the bolt out and measure it (i was asking the question as I am thinking of refurbishing the wheels, but dont know if all the items are avaliable)

I will check the condition first, but also I was thinking that these wheels are becoming older and in the future parts may be a harder resource to find (get them when they are available and store them)

thanks

John
Old 01-17-2008, 12:37 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

try to measure the bolt including the head, we should be able to subtract the height of the head and come up with the shaft length.

I have a collection of bolts to help Speedline owners out of a bind it they break a few during disassembly. Some people say not to reuse, but these things are torqued to 15-18lbs I actually like the 18 better and they are 10.9 strength, so I do not feel reusing after being cleaned, inspected and replated is an issue. There are 40 of them on the wheel so I think there is some safety there.

Because of the effort to reuse the nuts I do not but rather buy new. I import them for sale and the new nuts have serrations that help lock the nut to the back of the wheel center.

I have been getting the bolts refinished in Nickel as it is more durable than the dull silver finish on the original wheels, but some owners will want the original finish.

Jim

Quick Reply: WTB: 1 used/damaged Techart Daytona 18"