Sponsored by:

Yokohama on TireRack.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:21 PM
jonathank2000
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yokohama on TireRack.com

Well, it turns out that both my Infiniti G35 sedan and GMC Envoy needs new tires. The G35 came from the factory with Goodyear Eagle RS-A and the Envoy SUV with Michelin Cross Terrain SUV tires. The Michelins got some great reviews on tirerack.com and I do like them for their comfort, lack of noise and treadwear (almost 65K miles) but the Goodyear Eagle has a pretty bad rep.

For the most bang for my buck, I was thinking about these 2. I never owned a set of Yokohamas before so I wanted to get some feedback:

Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051 (Envoy SUV)

Yokohama AVID V4S (G35 Sedan)

Also, never bought from tirerack.com and wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks!!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:27 PM
tkids
Pro

You won't be disappointed with Tirerack, I have been ordering from them for years! Excellent!! I personally like to go to their warehouses and pick them up in person! Just picked up winter shoes for the Pcar! Buy from them.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Please call me, I'll be glad to help.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

I've used tirerack a few times and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I had the Geolander AllTerrains on my old SUV and loved them. Went about everywhere BFG ATs would go but without all the road noise. No experience with the highway version but I'd expect about the same.
Todd
Old 11-07-2007, 12:23 AM
F350Lawman
Racer

We had the Geolander HT-S on the company Suburban until we traded it in. The vehicle was driven very hard at fast highway speeds and we got good wear, traction/cornering in the wet and dry. We have the Geolander HT (non S version??) on another company vehicle (06 Kia Sportage) with similar good results under the same conditions.

My mechanic puts the HT-S on everything.... including his Cayenne, with good reviews.

In fact, I just tried to order a set of HT-S's for my wifes Armada LE, but they were on backorder in my size, so I got Bridgestone Revo ATs. More "off-roady" looking, only one day on the turck so we'll see.

Quick Reply: Yokohama on TireRack.com