Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max tire size for 944 Turbo S question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:46 PM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have 55et and use 5mm spacers that would be the same as my 50et, 245 will fit, even with the spacers they might still be alright, they 8 or 8.5?there is as JustinL says,room for 255 at the front, but I can only speak of my experience.

I am pretty sure 305 would be ok on 60 et, but not much choice of rubber.

Re the apexi, I don't think it has overboost protection, valet mode is just off really I think, it has two available settings.

I can sell you an apexi if you want one, it is silver, I bought it first then after seeing the black I swapped the head unit so it is still boxed.I'd want $A500 for it and you would have to pay shipping..you know my location....If I didn't have so many I would think about the blitz,it was my original choice, but the gear related boost swayed me, rightly too you have to be able to overide the porsche electronics.It was later that I was told that the blitz would do gear related, when you also had the power meter, though reading now it seems it is speed related rather gea related-not quites as good
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2006, 08:54 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
thingo,

Nice set up buddy. I usually see those rims on imports only...must be a pain to keep clean. Yours is street as opposed to Jason's so that's a big difference in keeping the fronts at 245- at least for me that's acceptable.

Jason- how about those off sets for the guys?

333- Is that you I see on the 951 board planning on a show down against ST?

I jsut got some guages this past week and now looking for a boost controller device- any thoughts? I've got WF HG and upgraded FPR already as well as a APE MAF, Tials WG SFR 3" etc...

Off topic a little...This weekend was nice- did you folks do any serious driving?

Duke
Not me. At least I don't think so, but it's hard to keep track with multiple personalities.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mechanic said that my offsets are 55...

We just put on some new forged monoblock BBS wheels from a GT-2 Cup car and they fit perfectly. We got them from a team which couldn't use them because of some rule change for the Grand Am series.

The only thing he had to do was to change out the wheel studs to longer ones.

They are 9" and 11" and are the lightest things I've ever picked up in my life! But, since they aren't the traditional 3-pc wheels, if I bang 'em, I'll be in a pickle.

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 01:05 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmm, 55et seemed to be the magic number here. My fronts are 8 in wide so i think 245s is sufficient for street use although i would love to go 255s on an 8 but that's too much rubber for the size. The rears right now are 295s on 11 wide- no issues. I dream of 315s on the 11 but realistically, 305s is the max on the S factory rolled fenders. I think Micheline makes that size and i dont like how the Pirelli looks...but i think that's about it for finding makers of 305s.

thingo- As for the Apexi, how much is that in US$- this is brand new right? I was thinking of getting one like yours and mount it in the arm rest becuse my other guages will reside where yours is in the pix...any problem installing it?

Jason- i am using the 8 and 11 set up for my street car on the Techno II hollow spoke and those are pretty light too i might add. I think those are also magnesium???

ttyl,

Duke
Old 03-15-2006, 02:15 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

Here's a pic of my 8X16" wheels with 245/45/16 tires. The offset on these is 52.3mm.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if mine are aluminum or magnesium...I thought they were aluminum.

Anybody know how to tell?

Jason
Old 03-15-2006, 04:42 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Justin- your set up looks pretty flush to me...where is the track btw?

Jason- Who knows, porsche do makes magnesium wheel and yours might be one of those...Forget about chrome 22", forged magnesium, now that's serious porsche bling right there! It's also a good conversation piece.

Duke
Old 03-15-2006, 06:59 PM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That was the advice I got-55 et is ideal, but there is a little tolerance.

My front enkei are within half a pound of the forged turbo S fuchs including tyre-pretty light for an 18 245

Duke-I didn't install it, jet951 did for me.I do know that you dont have to run a vacuum line to the head unit.As i said the head of the silver one was used, but all the other pieces are still boxed.

Rod
Old 03-15-2006, 08:56 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 102 Posts

Duke, That's a military airfield that the local PCA uses for our events.

Here's what the 255/40/17 on a 9x17" wheel looks like. The offset on this wheel is 55.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:50 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Hey JustinL, is yours a silberosa? The color looks just like mine...

Hey if I email to one of you guys some pix, could you help me post them here? i am somewhat challenged in the IT department :!

Quick Reply: Max tire size for 944 Turbo S question