Sponsored by:

BBS Split Rim Bolts for 18" Sport Design Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Subourbonite
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Default BBS Split Rim Bolts for 18" Sport Design Rebuild

Looking for help sourcing replacement BBS or other (non-Alibaba) Titanium Split Rim Bolts for BBS 2-piece Sport Design wheels for my 996.

I thought I had a reputable source, but just received the bolts I ordered and they match neither the original BBS bolts, nor the bolts shown on the seller's website. I'm withholding the source's name at this time to give them an opportunity to make this right, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Short story...the chamfer where the threaded shaft meets the bolt head is too wide and will not seat in the bolt hole in the wheel centers. I'm not willing to take a chance on cracking my wheel centers, so I'm back to trying to find another source for rim bolts. These should be the specs:

M7 24.5mm
Grade 5 Titanium
Silver or Unplated preferred, but at this point I'm open to options.

My understanding is that these are one-use bolts and although I saved all the original BBS bolts when I split the rims, I don't want to chance using them to rebuild the wheels. And, yes that means that you won't see my used bolts on FleaBay and I won't sell them here. If I wouldn't put it on my car for safety reasons, I wouldn't put someone else in that position either.

Appreciate any referrals or guidance that you folks have. I know there are many here smarter and more resourceful than I in this hobby.

Quick Reply: BBS Split Rim Bolts for 18" Sport Design Rebuild