Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slate Grey 997.1TT: black or dark bronze wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 08:29 PM
loonwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slate Grey 997.1TT: black or dark bronze wheels?

I’m looking at either the OZ Leggera HLT in Black or the OZ Ultraleggera HLT in Matte Bronze (it’s a darker bronze).

Looking for real-world pictures of similar setups, or just general opinions. thanks!
Old 04-27-2018, 02:24 PM
loonwin
Advanced

I've ruled out the bronze wheels. But now here's the problem... the OZ Leggera HLT only comes in a Gloss Black for the 997 fitment.

So now my dilemma is either Gloss Black in the Leggera HLT (I love the 10 spoke of that wheel... it reminds me of GT2 RS wheel)

Or I go with the HRE FF01 in Tarmac, which is the matte black color I want, but I would be compromising on the wheel type as I'm not super into the mesh wheel.

TL;DR: Do I compromise on the gloss versus matte, or do I compromise on the style of wheel?
Old 04-27-2018, 05:16 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 982 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by loonwin
I've ruled out the bronze wheels. But now here's the problem... the OZ Leggera HLT only comes in a Gloss Black for the 997 fitment.

So now my dilemma is either Gloss Black in the Leggera HLT (I love the 10 spoke of that wheel... it reminds me of GT2 RS wheel)

Or I go with the HRE FF01 in Tarmac, which is the matte black color I want, but I would be compromising on the wheel type as I'm not super into the mesh wheel.

TL;DR: Do I compromise on the gloss versus matte, or do I compromise on the style of wheel?
I think the level of quality for the wheel should be taken into account as well. HRE (along with BBS) are known for their attention to detail and legendary build quality. For me that would me the decision to go with HRE and easy one.

If you need further guidance or would like to place an order I'll be here to help.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 04-27-2018, 05:59 PM
loonwin
Advanced

Originally Posted by WheelsB
I think the level of quality for the wheel should be taken into account as well. HRE (along with BBS) are known for their attention to detail and legendary build quality. For me that would me the decision to go with HRE and easy one.

If you need further guidance or would like to place an order I'll be here to help.
Thanks for chiming in here. From the bit of research I've done, HRE is not a clear-cut winner over OZ in terms of quality. There are a lot of forum members here who would argue that OZ is as good, if not better than the HREs.

That said, I've always had a personal preference toward HRE. If the HRE FF04 would fit my 997, I would go with that option in a heartbeat! As it stands, I'm leaning toward the FF01, but would like to see someone with the Leggera's mounted on a Slate Grey to see how the Gloss Black looks in a real-world example. It's weird because some pictures I see of the Gloss Black look extremely glossy, and in some pictures, they look more muted like a satin finish.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:56 AM
AUDEW
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like those Leggera HLT's. I have the ultraleggera HLT's currently but those Leggera's in black would be gorgeous! Even better with a blonde...or brunette...or redhed!
Old 04-28-2018, 12:28 PM
loonwin
Advanced

Originally Posted by AUDEW
I really like those Leggera HLT's. I have the ultraleggera HLT's currently but those Leggera's in black would be gorgeous! Even better with a blonde...or brunette...or redhed!
yeah, I love the wheel, just not loving that it’s only available in gloss. I know OZ does a “painted black” finish which looks more matte, but just not in the Leggera.

I found another Slate Grey example with matte black wheels and that’s the look I’m going for (attached). The example has brown leather, and I have terracotta, so I think the looks will be similar.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:55 PM
sobediny
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done black wheels time and time again so I am always open to something unique and fresh and you nailed it with those wheels.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:51 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good call on black, I personally prefer gloss black with Slate, but matte is not bad either!

Old 04-29-2018, 09:33 PM
loonwin
Advanced

MK_TT -- Appreciate you chiming in, especially from a fellow Slate Grey owner

I've had several private chats with other Grey owners over the past couple of days and I've decided to go with the OZ Leggera HLT in Gloss Black. I'll try that out for a few months. If I absolutely hate the Gloss, I'll just have them painted or powder coated to a matte finish.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:28 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by loonwin
............ I've decided to go with the OZ Leggera HLT in Gloss Black. I'll try that out for a few months. If I absolutely hate the Gloss, I'll just have them painted or powder coated to a matte finish.
Give me a call if I can help
Old 05-03-2018, 03:53 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

BTW, this is a bronze OZ Ultraleggera...

Quick Reply: Slate Grey 997.1TT: black or dark bronze wheels?