Notices

Wanted: Good Porsche Mechanic in Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:35 PM
120mm
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must admit, part of my motivation for helping is to drive a Porsche when I visit.

I feel a "bit" guilty for being so enthusiastic about helping. But only a bit.

I have been poking around here in Germany for a deal on a Porsche, but unfortunately, the latest thing is importing US spec cars, because they are cheaper and better than buying local.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:17 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder_Man
Sounds like things are working out in the proper direction. Acclimating to the SF lifestyle should come first. The money saved by not paying for the car, plus private parking rent can go to a lot of Lyft/Uber rides around the city. She can always rent a Zipcar or some other short-term car share when she and the dogs want to leave the city.

Then when the time is right to go car shopping talk with some mechanics and members of the local PCA chapters, if she's dead set on the Porsche lineage.
+1 and if she really has an itch to get in a P-car and take a drive, I suspect that one of us in the SF Bay Area could use a co-pilot once in a while...
Old 03-11-2016, 04:16 AM
120mm
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by david
+1 and if she really has an itch to get in a P-car and take a drive, I suspect that one of us in the SF Bay Area could use a co-pilot once in a while...
That's a great idea.

I'll mention this to her.

Quick Reply: Wanted: Good Porsche Mechanic in Bay Area