Notices
View Poll Results: Where should we stop to eat?
Straw Hat Pizza
20.00%
Round Table Pizza
20.00%
Half Moon Bay Brewing Co.
60.00%
Other(Please state preference)
20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

NorCal Pizza Run 2006

Old 11-25-2006, 02:58 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

For the Sacto group we need to 'leave by' 7:00 so try and be early; it's 126 miles to Saratoga.
See you then
Old 11-25-2006, 04:28 PM
ckathens
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry we couldn't make it! Our flight was late and we didn't get home until after midnight. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:53 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yo, ck.

i'd post up for reals, but i dont think the damned forum will let me do [IMG] [\IMG] on this one, so i'll just post links.

Steve and myself

the odd-*****

and i only have a few in-motion pics because erika's still getting oriented with the camera and the features, so some were really blurry, and some were good-

too bad the truck was breaking up the line.....

I think i have some pis of the 928's, but i dont want to set my laptop on fire from the ugliness.

i kid!

(shark attack, are those 9" wide tires in the rear?)

nice cars, good to meet everyone new and see everyone i already knew.

Nicole, you have to warn people before you hug them.

hope everyone got home OK.

see you guys next time.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:09 AM
snub disphenoid
2nd Gear

Hey Juan, your laptop won't catch fire from pictures of 928s if you have pictures of an RX-7 (especially one owned by me) littering the hard drive.

It was cool meeting you all today, too bad about that stupid RX330 on Highway 84. Also too bad that I couldn't make it to Half Moon Bay for lunch, I had to sit at home and wait for my Forgeline wheels to show up...but as far as I'm concerned they were worth it.

I only took a handful of pictures today, I was more there to drive, but next time I'll promise to snap more photos! All in all it was an interesting drive (especially on Pescadero Rd....you guys seriously should have taken it, it was clear). It was an interesting experience having my *** handed to me by a 997 911 C4 on Stage Road, haha. Can't wait to go on the next drive, I swear my car won't be broken next time!

P.S.: Dave, I'm sorry if I confused you when we were heading out on to 84, I was just having an epileptic seizure because of that yellow CGT. I've seen that car a few times at Santana Row, and it's great to know that the owner actually drives it!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:00 AM
lilspeedemon
Instructor

This was lots of fun!!!!, It was nice to meet all of you. It was cool to see everyones rides... It was funny that that 914/Chevy took off as soon as we came in... he must've known that his car was too cool for us... different strokes for different folks. Did anyone get pics of that CGT? Thats only the second one I've ever seen on the road. Steve, sorry bout the 92/880 Interchange, I forgot that 580 was north from there... I hit the gas thinking you were all headed south, and I just wanted to wave goodbye. I can't wait for the next GTG...
Old 11-26-2006, 01:34 AM
jbengfort
Track Day

Great day...but, man, am I tired! Good to meet everyone new and good to see those again that I already knew. We have a great community of Porsche people!

Someone said it right...that RX330 killed some great times! Oh well, due to the slowness, I noticed some good stuff along the way...original M3 tucked in a carport and a crazy looking Volvo Bertone from the 80s!

Can't wait for the next run! In case I am not paying attention, anyone is welcome to PM me as a reminder.

Juan, I hope the shopping in SF was tolerable!!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:52 AM
msw74
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a great time... nice to meet all of you as I'm new to the run!

I hope these links work...

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/msw74@sb...803776627798/0
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/msw74@sb...803776733460/1
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/msw74@sb...803776801268/2
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/msw74@sb...803776801289/3
Old 11-26-2006, 02:00 AM
jbengfort
Track Day

Good to meet you Mike! Thanks for sharing some great pics!

See you on the next run!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:21 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

oh yeah, that CGT one makes my pants fit funny.

the V8 914, and the CGT......... :drool:

i didnt hit shopping in SF.

we went to Japantown, picked up lunch, and then tried to go to union square, and i flipped off a weird, uni-sex guy/girl riding a unicycle wearing a pink unitard weaving in and out the opposite way in traffic.

no, i'm not kidding, that actually happened.

it took us 1 hour to move 13 feet............

so we just ditched and headed to sunrise mall here in sac.

again- good to meet new people. hope to see you guys on future runs.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:34 AM
jbengfort
Track Day

LOL...LOL! That really happened?! Well, it is San Fran! Glad you got out alive!

It was a great day. Juan, I have no headaches this time thanks to your cat and new chips...thanks!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:03 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jbengfort
LOL...LOL! That really happened?! Well, it is San Fran! Glad you got out alive!

It was a great day. Juan, I have no headaches this time thanks to your cat and new chips...thanks!!!

yeah, it REALLY happened. you CANT make stuff like that up.

yeah, thank rberry951 for your saved brain cells.

(i think he's making a 944 S2 chip.......you should look him up!)

Old 11-26-2006, 03:37 AM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

Looks like you guys had a great run. I was at Thunderhill Raceway all day. I dam well better make the next run!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a ton of pictures (think I took around 100), so I'll make a little page thingy with them and stick them online tomorrow. Here's a teaser. Well I suppose you aren't supposed to use one of your best shots as a teaser, but eh.
Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2006, 10:46 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by snub disphenoid
...It was an interesting experience having my *** handed to me by a 997 911 C4 on Stage Road, haha. Can't wait to go on the next drive, I swear my car won't be broken next time!
Is this the C4 that did the A-handing? I was concerned that Rudy would be boxed in by you and Chris and try to overdrive his car when I saw the 3 of you turn off at Pescadero Road, I guess there was no need to worry!

Anyway that was a great run, a bit slow at times but that's the norm for a holiday weekend with perfect weather. It was great to see old friends and meet the new people. The Carrera GT sounding off was a special treat, what a sound those make.
Attached Images  
Old 11-26-2006, 02:43 PM
SharkSkin
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's the few pics that I took from the run -- well, the ones that came out anyway. It was fun, I enjoyed meeting up with everyone, both familiar and new. Seems that I'm the only one that managed to wring it out on 84 -- Juan, you can't be snoozing when that first passing zone comes up. Oh, and I assume that you're asking me about the rims -- there is a guy with the ID that you mentioned, I'd rather not be confused with him... Yes, the rims are 9" rear, though with the right offset and 1/4" of fender-lip rolling some people have managed to stuff 11" with 305's on the rear of their shark. If your laptop didn't catch fire with that one 928 pic you posted, I think you're OK to do the rest. Maybe your laptop will appreciate the apparent step up in taste, then commit suicide later when it realizes it was a fluke. Oh, and I told you SF would be crazy, sounds like you just didn't milk it enough.

Bill, that's a great pic! Is that a rock on the left side, looking for Danno maybe? I can't wait to see the rest!

Steve, good seeing you again, keep me posted and I'll take you up on one of those foothill runs in the spring.

I didn't see the CGT till he made the turn onto 92 -- maybe next time I need to bring up the rear.

If I end up being the default organizer next year, I'll shoot for an earlier start and if we pull it off, we may get clearer roads.

Thanks everyone for the safe and fun run!
Attached Images         

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NorCal Pizza Run 2006