Notices

Any interest in a summer gathering in Granite Falls, WA. ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any interest in a summer gathering in Granite Falls, WA. ?

UPDATE 7-7-05

July 23rd is the date.

Alright, time is near, so I need to get an idea who all will be coming. PM me for the address and or directions (and so I can get a pretty good head count). I'd love to see you all here!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Porsche enthusiasts gathering over at my place. I live in Granite Falls, WA. I have a ton of room for lots of cars and people. The two car garage I have would be suitable for any possible wrenching we might do that day. I have plenty of tools to do just about most any job.

I was thinking of a gathering that would be open to anyone from Rennlist, Pelican, or just any plain 'ol Porsche enthusiasts, weather they have a Porsche, or for those that are considering a Porsche purchase. All would be welcomed, watercoolers, and airheads…errr……..aircoolers. We love 'em all!

I was thinking maybe, bring yourself a lounge chair, I’ll supply hot doggies/burgers off my BBQ, and maybe a few other munchies, and we can sit around talking about our cars, meeting one another, and take pictures of our cars. My property has places for some good photo shots. I know a couple of people have expressed interest in getting together for a wrenching party, doing timing belt replacements or retensions, so, we just might fit that in there also.

I was thinking of doing this on Saturday, July 23rd, and making it an all day event. That way, we have a good shot at good weather, my wife will be home (she drives the avatar car), and we’re far enough away from the 4th of July weekend for people to get it all together again.

If anyone might be so inclinded to do so, I have a park like setting out front of the house, and it would be great for anyone that might want to pitch a tent, and stay the night.

BYOB (be responsible now, we don’t want any accidents, or REAL craziness)

I’m cross posting this to the regional section also. Soooooo……….what do ya think? Any interest?

A few small pics to give you an idea of whats out here. Even though their pics from the winter time. Much prettier in the summer! I'd love to meet more of you Porsche enthusiasts!
Attached Images      

Last edited by Granite 944; 07-08-2005 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bump.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

UPDATE: 7-8-05

After a little more thought and feedback from people, I realized that there is the PCA Johnny Walker Swapmeet on july 23rd, and have heard that several people are planning on attending this event. So, I have decided to postpone this GTG for now. Hopefully, no one is put out by this decision. Maybe we can get it going again later this summer.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

UPDATE: 7-8-05

After a little more thought and feedback from people, I realized that there is the PCA Johnny Walker Swapmeet on july 23rd, and have heard that several people are planning on attending this event. So, I have decided to postpone this GTG for now. Hopefully, no one is put out by this decision. Maybe we can get it going again later this summer.

Quick Reply: Any interest in a summer gathering in Granite Falls, WA. ?