Notices

Anyone in Portland area willing to help me diagnose 2.7 CIS FI problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:17 PM
BretH
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Portland area willing to help me diagnose 2.7 CIS FI problem?

Hi - I am wondering if there is another Porsche owner in the Portland Area who might be willing to help me diagnose a CIS fuel injections problem with my 1977 911S. Someone who has the CIS FI test guage(s) and is familiar with their use or might be willing to let me borrow (rent?) it for awhile.

If you would be willing to come out to my place for a few hours - I could exchange my own labor on your mechanical projects or buy lunch or a six-pack or whatever - unfortunately, due to circumstances I am financially challenged right now and can't afford to take it to my mechanic.

I have done the major tune-up but I do not have the required CIS guages to diagnose a problem with hard starting and poor idle - once started and running it runs fine above 1000 rpm - but idles rough always, and hard starting takes many tries to get it running.

I almost was going to sell it - but didn't have the heart and would at least like to know that when I fire it up, I can take it for a nice drive occasionally. Its a real bummer having a 911 and not being able to drive it!

Thanks in advance! Email or call.
Bret - 503-658-5320 brethittleman@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: Anyone in Portland area willing to help me diagnose 2.7 CIS FI problem?