Body shop recommendations in south bay area (San Jose/Santa Clara) CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 02:34 PM
CYXXX
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Body shop recommendations in south bay area (San Jose/Santa Clara) CA

Hi

I am looking for a good body shop in south bay area for my 718 which was in the middle of a three-car accident. Damages in hood, front/back bumpers and panels. Any recommendations? The car is literally 2 months old and now I'm just bleeding inside.

Porsche stevens creek recommended AW collision of San Jose but looks like it has many bad reviews. Somehow https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com/ does not work for me. So I did some research on my own. Looks like Crash Champions (formerly Anderson Behel) and German Auto Body are still porsche certified shops and I wonder if anyone have experiences with them?

Much appreciated!
Old 08-10-2022, 09:46 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

Many years ago (2005), German Auto Body repaired my 6GT3. $18K of damage to left front due to going into the tire wall on the Corkscrew at LS. Excellent work, but that was, as I said, many years ago.

My go-to place today is Summit Auto Body in Belmont. I've recommended them here over the last several years. Those who have used them have been pleased. If you're interested in coming up the Peninsula a little, do a search on them here for comments.
The following users liked this post:
vg247 (08-11-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 04:38 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Many years ago (2005), German Auto Body repaired my 6GT3. $18K of damage to left front due to going into the tire wall on the Corkscrew at LS. Excellent work, but that was, as I said, many years ago.

My go-to place today is Summit Auto Body in Belmont. I've recommended them here over the last several years. Those who have used them have been pleased. If you're interested in coming up the Peninsula a little, do a search on them here for comments.
‘I’ve had the same great experiences with all our cars from German Auto Body as well. But also many years ago.. did anything change there in recent years Joe?
Old 08-11-2022, 09:21 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by vg247
‘I’ve had the same great experiences with all our cars from German Auto Body as well. But also many years ago.. did anything change there in recent years Joe?
I have no idea if ownership and/or staff changed, which might affect quality of work.
The following users liked this post:
vg247 (08-11-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 10:57 PM
engerman
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Have friends that used German Auto Body recently (within 2 years from today), all of them were happy with their work.
The following 2 users liked this post by engerman:
993Auto (08-16-2022), vg247 (08-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Body shop recommendations in south bay area (San Jose/Santa Clara) CA