Notices

Help with Durametric in Seattle Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 04:25 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Help with Durametric in Seattle Area

Anyone in Seattle area has the Durametric and I could use his or her help for reading code I have?

I just need to know what the code exactly is referring to instead of going to indy shop which they would charge for 1 hr diagnostic

Thanks in advance
Old 08-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Chris(MA)
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 67 Posts

If you want a cheap alternative to durametric harbor freight or amazon have some, they will still read codes and you can reset them also.

If the reader doesn't know what the code is you can just google it.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:11 AM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Alternative

Originally Posted by 911-997
Anyone in Seattle area has the Durametric and I could use his or her help for reading code I have?

I just need to know what the code exactly is referring to instead of going to indy shop which they would charge for 1 hr diagnostic

Thanks in advance
You can go to Oriellys and they will loan you a scanner to check your existing codes. If you have a code already tell me what it is and I can help. The Durametric has limited text explanations for the code references.
I have a Durametric but it is the Enthusiast version so I can only scan 3 different VIN numbers. The Pro model would let someone scan an unlimited number of VIN's.
If you are a DIY person we should probably meet up sometime. Here is a link to some code explanations.
https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/
email me sometime at
brokeassk16 at aol.com
Bill
Old 08-31-2017, 01:33 PM
911-997
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkerbill
You can go to Oriellys and they will loan you a scanner to check your existing codes. If you have a code already tell me what it is and I can help. The Durametric has limited text explanations for the code references.
I have a Durametric but it is the Enthusiast version so I can only scan 3 different VIN numbers. The Pro model would let someone scan an unlimited number of VIN's.
If you are a DIY person we should probably meet up sometime. Here is a link to some code explanations.
email me sometime at
brokeassk16 at aol.com
Bill
I have generic obd2 reader that I used. Problem I was told that I don't trust it and use Durametric. Because obd2 wont decode manufacturer codes.
I don't have a check engine light but there is "gray" code when I use generic reader P1559. I was told only Durametric would tell you exactly what is the problem if any.

Yes I am a DIY person. What part of town are you in?
Old 08-31-2017, 02:38 PM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911-997
I have generic obd2 reader that I used. Problem I was told that I don't trust it and use Durametric. Because obd2 wont decode manufacturer codes.
I don't have a check engine light but there is "gray" code when I use generic reader P1559. I was told only Durametric would tell you exactly what is the problem if any.

Yes I am a DIY person. What part of town are you in?
Bellevue, near Bel-Red and NE40th
Old 09-30-2017, 08:55 AM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Default Update

Originally Posted by tinkerbill
email me sometime at
brokeassk16 at aol.com
Bill
I traded my Durametric enthusiast model in for the Pro version for the increased functionality so if you are in the Seattle area and need access to a Durametric maybe I can help. It is the basic model with the newer OBDC connector and not the older round connector.
I retired in June and have more time for my hobbies now and would like to start meeting other people with similar interests. You can contact me at brokeassk16 at aol.com and please put Porsche in the Subject line or it could go to the spam folder.
Bill

Quick Reply: Help with Durametric in Seattle Area