Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1993 (sorted) 964 Carrera 4 Manual Cpe

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 05:45 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Year: 1993
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 133333
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Grand Prix White
VIN: WP0AB2968PS420167
Price (no $ sign please): $59000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by bweSteve
not sure I understand that statement. The original factory front windshields are etched as "SIGLA E1 Pilkington", whereas the side glass is "SEKURIT E1 Porsche".

Are you saying that the front windshield is not a "replacement" Pilkington? .... I am not familiar with replacement windshields that might have come from Pilkington, but were not factory Porsche installed,... so I'm just trying to learn here.

Thanks,
=Steve
Without getting into too much drama, there is an option with Pilkington on the glass for around $500 and the dealer available Sigla glass for a couple grand. This car has the Sigla branded glass.

As to the originality question, I haven't personally seen an original windshield with both marks on it, but probably out there. Normally I recall the "P" factory insignia with Sigla on original and Pilkington on the less expensive replacements. BTW I believe Pilkington owns both brands.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:05 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

seems a lot of qeustion on this car.
cole is legit and knows his stuff.
i dont think the price is too far off the mark for a sorted car.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:06 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Sorry Cole, it was probably my history question that was not clear,... no drama, nor was I questioning the originality of your windshield. I'm sure that's spot on. I was NOT questioning this car. But rather trying to contribute with information...

Plus, I realize this is your FS classified too,... but figure hey,... the more posts, the more it stays up on top, and it's sure to help your sale! (but I will delete my posts, if you feel it is not helping. Or I could move this info over to your other "Feeler" thread. Just let me know.)

so I'm just not as familiar with history w/r/t availability of replacements through the decades, and whether Pilkington sold any to other distributors, from which owners could get replacements. I understand SIGLA is a model offering from Pilkington, but not clear on the history of availability & sources over the decades. Most recently I've seen posts that claim the original windshields are next to impossible to find,... and the ability to determine that originality is in the etchings on the glass.

So in an effort to actually contribute,... I just went out an took a pic of my windshield, lower driver side. I am quite certain my entire car is all original, incl all the glass. And thus I completely believe yours is too!

This is from my 1991 964 Turbo. I didn't think there was any difference in NB -vs- WB when it came to the windshield either...

=Steve
Old 07-15-2017, 10:54 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

No worries, interesting question, didn't take it any other way. It seems that your glass was used in MY1991 so I learned something new today. Related thread here https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...questions.html
Old 08-15-2017, 12:52 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Thnx Cole. I'm learning all the time, and love the history of this brand & the family behind it.

Oh btw, thank you very much for agreeing to speak at our Chesapeake Challenge!!

=Steve

Quick Reply: FS: 1993 (sorted) 964 Carrera 4 Manual Cpe