Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 Arctic Silver 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016 | 05:44 PM
iamtheari
Advanced

Default 2004 Arctic Silver 996 GT3

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 53000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows
Color: Arctic Silver
Price (no $ sign please): $67500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

It's a sad day for me. In early 2015, I sold my 1990 Carrera 4 that I loved driving year round on the street and on the track. I wanted to buy a 996 GT3, and now I am here to sell the one I found. I love my GT3. It is the best car I will ever drive. It is probably the best 911 that Porsche ever made. But I am not the best owner it will ever have. It is too much car for me. I cannot drive it often on the public roads and, when I do, I feel guilty driving so slowly. I have driven it on the track one weekend and loved the experience, but I cannot afford to risk damaging the car, nor can I afford to insure it on the track as often as it deserves to go there.

I am selling because I respect the car too much to drive it daily here in North Dakota or to let it sit in my garage collecting dust. I washed it today to take the pictures for this ad. I am hoping that it sells quickly so I can rip it off like a band-aid rather than torturing myself all winter.

If you are shopping for a 996 GT3, you already know everything you need to know about these cars. If you are shopping for a GT3 in general, buy a 996. It has no sunroof, traction control, or anything else to get in the way of driving the best driver's car ever made. If you have questions, ask me and I will be happy to answer them.

PPIs are welcome for serious buyers who are willing to work with me on arranging them, given my remote location. I did not do a PPI before buying this car because I did have one done when I bought the 964 and they made up issues that didn't exist and missed issues that should have been caught. In my care in the past 2,500 miles, the car has had:
  • New spark plugs and ignition coils
  • Full alignment
  • Oil change
  • Oil filter
  • Air filter
  • Cabin air filter
  • Fuel filter
  • Transmission fluid
  • New engine lid shocks
  • New front trunk shocks
  • Replaced accessory drive belt
  • Flushed brake fluid
  • Inspected and lubricated all CV boots
  • New rear tires
  • Rennline front and rear tie-downs

It has Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (N4 spec) tires on all four corners. The fronts have plenty of wear left and the rears are brand new, under 500 miles. I am also including the track wheels that the previous owner sold to me, which are unknown (to me) make with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires on them. I have not driven on those wheels as they arrived by UPS after the one weekend I took the car to the track (with the previous rear tires on it still).

It is a PCCB car but the previous owner removed the PCCB and installed floating steel rotors and appropriate brake pads. They are not worn down enough for me to remove them and figure out just what kind of pads they are. They worked great on the track and they work really well on the street. I ask the buyer of this car to e-mail me what the pads are when they finally do have to come off so I will know what kind to put in my next dual-use car.

I am including the PCCB rotors and pads that came with (but not on) the car. I do not know how to determine their condition but they look good and I would feel comfortable driving with them if I wanted to take the time to put them on the car. The car has 6 brake rotor hats, four on the car and two with PCCB discs on them. The other two PCCB discs are not mounted on rotor hats.

I am including the track wheels/tires without additional charge as long as the buyer works with me on delivering them. They cost $500 or so to UPS to me last summer. They do not fit inside the car.

I am including the stainless steel brake lines and speed bleeders that I bought but did not put on the car. I am also including the old but perfectly good accessory drive belt that I replaced for good measure. It's never bad to have a spare belt.

I have two keys with working remote control heads. The car has the tool kit. It has the Porsche Tequipment half roll cage. It has the CD player stereo and the air conditioning option. It has leather seats, not sport buckets. It has a clean CarFax, or at least it had one when I bought it and is unlikely to have lost that status since I have had no incidents of any sort with it. (I make this disclaimer because my 964 had a clean CarFax when I bought it in 2011 but listed a total loss that occurred in the mid-90s when I sold it in 2015, which was a really aggravating and embarrassing surprise. I can't imagine that whatever caused that delayed entry would apply to a 2004 car.)

I will work with the buyer to arrange delivery of the car. When I bought it, I had to send my mechanic/friend off to pick it up and drive it home. I prefer driving cars home myself, having done that a few times over the years. But there are many options including delivery. I care enough about the car finding a good next home that I do not want to limit the options of how it arrives there.

The car is mechanically fantastic without any fluid leaks and cosmetically very good. The imperfections I am aware of are a very thin scratch (I only noticed it while scrutinizing the car to make this ad) on the front bumper just in front of where it meets the front trunk lid, a little curb rash on at least one wheel (I didn't polish them so it could be more than one), some scuffing on the back of the seats where they meet the roll cage, and the driver's side seat belt height adjustment plastic cover had come off and I don't know how to get it back on just right. There is not a front lower lip spoiler on the car and there has not been in the time I've owned it. More high-resolution pictures are available for interested parties. Just PM me here or e-mail me at iamtheari@gmail.com if you are interested. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by iamtheari; 10-15-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2016 | 06:52 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Sounds like th car is I great condition. GLWS

maybe a few more photos of exterior and interior?
Old 10-15-2016 | 07:22 PM
rloggie
Racer

You have a pm
Old 10-15-2016 | 09:01 PM
iamtheari
Advanced

Originally Posted by tgavem
Sounds like th car is I great condition. GLWS

maybe a few more photos of exterior and interior?
Fair enough. Pay no attention to scoria dust on the crankcase or my 2015 DE tech and run group stickers on the windshield.

Old 10-15-2016 | 09:03 PM
iamtheari
Advanced

Originally Posted by rloggie
You have a pm
Please try again. I think it got lost on the way. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2016 | 09:33 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

A clone of the one I had... had two GT3's (997.2 as well) and though I miss them, the Spyder helps with the pain...

GLWS- and yes, you'll miss it.
Old 10-15-2016 | 10:50 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Nice car at an intriguing price! I don't remember the last time I saw a Gt3 with a 6 handle that didn't have a scrotch harness.
Old 10-17-2016 | 11:21 AM
iamtheari
Advanced

Someone asked about separating the PCCB rotors and pads. I am willing to do that, so if someone wants just those don't be afraid to make an offer. Note that you would get two rotor hats, four rotor discs, and all the pads. You are on your own for the other two hats. I don't have records of how many miles are on these components.

I would also separate the track wheels/tires if someone wants them.

I also wanted to add that I have keyed wheel bolts and the key for the car in addition to the 20 non-keyed wheel bolts that are on the car. I hate dealing with keyed bolts/lug nuts at the track and in general so I generally don't keep them on my cars.
Old 10-17-2016 | 02:27 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

How much for the used PCCBs pads (front and rear)?
Old 10-17-2016 | 09:50 PM
iamtheari
Advanced

Originally Posted by lax01
How much for the used PCCBs pads (front and rear)?
I am not knowledgeable enough on their value to have thought that far ahead. By all means, please make an offer of what you think is fair and I'll consider it in light of the interest in the car.
Old 10-20-2016 | 12:13 AM
iamtheari
Advanced

The car and PCCB parts are sold. Thanks, Rennlist!

The track wheels and tires are still available and I'll eventually get time to post those on the parts forum, but if anyone beats me to it don't be afraid to make an offer on them. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2016 | 04:35 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

that was quick !!

Quick Reply: 2004 Arctic Silver 996 GT3