Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 12
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Riviera Blue
VIN: WP0AB2A90GS123223
Price (no $ sign please): $125395
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

The car is really good. If you are interested call me 303-817-8780
Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
This was written prior to the introduction of the 911R. And as we know the R is almost unobtainable and don't even think about PTS. There may be a MT/NA GT3 coming but none of us know when, price or availability.

July 7, 2015

IF ITÂ’S YOUR DREAM CAR DONÂ’T **** AROUND AND GET THE DEAL DONE!
Earlier today I sold my 2011 Mexico Blue Porsche 997.2 / 3.8 GT3. This model is likely the last high performance Porsche 911 GT3 with a naturally aspirated (non-turbo) motor and manual transmission. ItÂ’s a rare car. The color is even rarer.

Have you noticed that manual transmissions are becoming as extinct? The current Porsche 991 GT3 model isnÂ’t available with a manual transmission. And yes I understand that the PDK (automatic transmission) is not only excellent but makes the car faster. But unfortunately a lot of us car people prefer driving a stick; me included.
After the deal was done and the money was in the bank a “new” enthusiast from New Jersey called me wanting to buy the already sold car. He was very upset that the car was already sold. He said that my asking price was fair and he always wanted “that” car. He lamented not calling me earlier. It wouldn’t have mattered. I had 2 other serious buyers in front of him willing to part with my advertised asking price. I could have just told him it was sold and hung up but I kept talking to him. I love to talk about cars.

I told him that I had owned almost 60 Porsche 911Â’s and a 959. I further told him that I drove all my cars, including the 959, regularly. IÂ’m not sure if that makes me an expert but IÂ’ve certainly owned and driven a lot of Porsches.Â’ IÂ’m a big believer that the cars should be driven. IÂ’m not a fan of garage queens or warehouses full of great cars that never see the light of day. What a waste.

I advised him that it was my experience if there is a rare car for sale and you want it you need to move fast, be direct and aggressive. 2011 GT3Â’s are not that rare. But a Mexico Blue one is. There may only be 1 or 2 in the US. What are the chances that one would come up for sale? What are the chances that a four year old car would have only 6500 miles? What are the chances that the price would be fair in a strong market?
We’ve all heard the phrase “go find another.” But it’s true. If a car (or anything else for that matter) is rare, and you want it, don’t wait to make an offer and don’t quibble over a few dollars. The first buyer to contact me lost the car for less than 1%. He was sorry too.

I only know this because itÂ’s happened to me; more than once, and I still lament the loss of the 1970 Daytona 24 Hours winning Gulf 917 for a relatively small amount of money. We all like to get a deal. And we all feel compelled to offer less than the asking price. But if you know your market, and more important the market direction, get the job done. The successful new owner offered me full asking price and figured out how to get me an immediate deposit on a bank holiday.

The car was first advertised late on Thursday afternoon July 2nd. By Friday July 3rd I had 2 serious lookers but no deal and no deposit. Both buyer 1 and 2 offered me slightly less than my asking price and wanted to get back to me after the holiday weekend. I even thought that because of the holiday no one could get me a deposit before Monday. Saturday was July 4th and the banks were closed. The successful buyer asked me where I banked. Because we both had accounts at the same bank he offered to make an internet inter-bank transfer into my account. I received a deposit within the hour.

The Mexico Blue GT3 is a good collectable Porsche. There are no chips, dings, over-revs or anything else other than a mar on the right rear wheel which I disclosed to all potential buyers. My asking price was somewhere between wholesale and retail. The value is probably going upÂ….or at least not going down. ThereÂ’s a lesson here about any deal. If you want it, and itÂ’s rare, donÂ’t **** around and get the deal done. The July 4th deposit was clever and impressive.

Now letÂ’s get back to my conversation with the man from New Jersey. I suggested that he look at a White 10k mile 2011 GT3 3.8 RS I saw on Ebay. He said that an RS was too much car for him and then confided to me that it was the Mexico Blue that really attracted him. Even 10 years ago color may have been secondary to mileage and condition. In todayÂ’s market color means everything. PTS (paint to sample) PorschesÂ’ bring substantial premiums. I then asked him if he had driven a current model Porsche (991) Carrera GTS. He said no.

The GTS is the most powerful naturally aspirated current generation Porsche 911 (pre-R intro) available with a manual transmission. In fact I like it better than the 2011 3.8 GT3 and itÂ’s less money. The new Riviera Blue MT GTS is probably the only one of its kind and certainly the only new one. If you love NA PorschesÂ’ with a manual transmission and Riviera Blue this is it.
I think the NJ guy would be me . I do appreciate you taking my call and speaking with me even though you had already sold the car. For you to remember our conversation so vividly speaks volumes about you as a person and a true Car guy.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Thank you. And this would be a really great car for you!
Old 05-17-2016, 09:36 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Thank you. And this would be a really great car for you!
Old 06-27-2016, 02:58 PM
mike5876
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default car

I see this car everyday its at Champion Porsche where i work It is THE most looked at most favorable comments on any car we have in our 300 car indoor inventory space!
Old 06-27-2016, 04:55 PM
Pinball
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default GTS at Champion

On eBay at $120,000. 4 hours left; 1,111 views but no bids.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:29 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Several years ago I posted a 1987 India Red 959 for sale on Ebay. I was the second owner of the car and knew the first owner. The car was an unmolested Komfort model that found its way into the U.S. under a provision called "box 5." The car was in excellent condition. Everything worked, books , tools (even the torque converting CL wrench and white gloves) remained in tact. Most important it was fully legal by the time it was for sale.

That car couldn't get past the starting bid at $200k. No bids. Can you believe it? A few weeks later a man in the northeast purchased that car for a substantial amount more. At that time he bought a great car at a reasonable price. Today he's +/- 1m to the better. But more important he bought a great car.

The Riviera Blue GTS is not a 959. But it is a manual transmission naturally aspirated car in a very rare color at a reasonable price. I drive an almost identical car in Mint Green every day. The manual transmission GTS [I]is[I] a great car and I've driven lots of Porsches.

I have a mental list of bad 911 models I've owned. Today some of these are advertised at a ridiculously high price and bid up from there. The car didn't get any better just because there are 25+ bids at a stupid price.

The GTS condition is undriven. No stories there. The color is very rare. I know of no other. No stories there. Some of us really like a third pedal and a larger NA engine. No stories there.

Just as the current owner of the 959 is always glad to see me and rejoice in his foresight regarding that purchase the future owner of this GTS will do the same.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:11 PM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Several years ago I posted a 1987 India Red 959 for sale on Ebay. I was the second owner of the car and knew the first owner. The car was an unmolested Komfort model that found its way into the U.S. under a provision called "box 5." The car was in excellent condition. Everything worked, books , tools (even the torque converting CL wrench and white gloves) remained in tact. Most important it was fully legal by the time it was for sale.

That car couldn't get past the starting bid at $200k. No bids. Can you believe it? A few weeks later a man in the northeast purchased that car for a substantial amount more. At that time he bought a great car at a reasonable price. Today he's +/- 1m to the better. But more important he bought a great car.

The Riviera Blue GTS is not a 959. But it is a manual transmission naturally aspirated car in a very rare color at a reasonable price. I drive an almost identical car in Mint Green every day. The manual transmission GTS [I]is[I] a great car and I've driven lots of Porsches.

I have a mental list of bad 911 models I've owned. Today some of these are advertised at a ridiculously high price and bid up from there. The car didn't get any better just because there are 25+ bids at a stupid price.

The GTS condition is undriven. No stories there. The color is very rare. I know of no other. No stories there. Some of us really like a third pedal and a larger NA engine. No stories there.

Just as the current owner of the 959 is always glad to see me and rejoice in his foresight regarding that purchase the future owner of this GTS will do the same.

The GTS is a great great car, (I owned a manual 50th anni which is pretty much the same car so I agree they are quite good). However I have also owned a 959 and I would say comparing it to a 959 is a bit of a stretch. Personally I think the entire PTS thing is a little bit of a bubble that is cooling off but in any case you have a wonderful car good luck with sale.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:18 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

I can attest to Riviera Blue getting some serious compliments at the dealership. Last week I pulled into our local dealer. Everyone on the sales floor was outside to checkout the car before I even came to a halt. They were checking out the car while I was pulling in. Got some great preferential treatment all because of the color. These car special cars.

Last edited by RajDatta; 06-28-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:06 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

This was written prior to the introduction of the 911R. And as we know the R is almost unobtainable and don't even think about PTS. There may be a MT/NA GT3 coming but none of us know when, price or availability.

July 7, 2015

IF ITÂ’S YOUR DREAM CAR DONÂ’T **** AROUND AND GET THE DEAL DONE!
Earlier today I sold my 2011 Mexico Blue Porsche 997.2 / 3.8 GT3. This model is likely the last high performance Porsche 911 GT3 with a naturally aspirated (non-turbo) motor and manual transmission. ItÂ’s a rare car. The color is even rarer.

Have you noticed that manual transmissions are becoming as extinct? The current Porsche 991 GT3 model isnÂ’t available with a manual transmission. And yes I understand that the PDK (automatic transmission) is not only excellent but makes the car faster. But unfortunately a lot of us car people prefer driving a stick; me included.
After the deal was done and the money was in the bank a “new” enthusiast from New Jersey called me wanting to buy the already sold car. He was very upset that the car was already sold. He said that my asking price was fair and he always wanted “that” car. He lamented not calling me earlier. It wouldn’t have mattered. I had 2 other serious buyers in front of him willing to part with my advertised asking price. I could have just told him it was sold and hung up but I kept talking to him. I love to talk about cars.

I told him that I had owned almost 60 Porsche 911Â’s and a 959. I further told him that I drove all my cars, including the 959, regularly. IÂ’m not sure if that makes me an expert but IÂ’ve certainly owned and driven a lot of Porsches.Â’ IÂ’m a big believer that the cars should be driven. IÂ’m not a fan of garage queens or warehouses full of great cars that never see the light of day. What a waste.

I advised him that it was my experience if there is a rare car for sale and you want it you need to move fast, be direct and aggressive. 2011 GT3Â’s are not that rare. But a Mexico Blue one is. There may only be 1 or 2 in the US. What are the chances that one would come up for sale? What are the chances that a four year old car would have only 6500 miles? What are the chances that the price would be fair in a strong market?
We’ve all heard the phrase “go find another.” But it’s true. If a car (or anything else for that matter) is rare, and you want it, don’t wait to make an offer and don’t quibble over a few dollars. The first buyer to contact me lost the car for less than 1%. He was sorry too.

I only know this because itÂ’s happened to me; more than once, and I still lament the loss of the 1970 Daytona 24 Hours winning Gulf 917 for a relatively small amount of money. We all like to get a deal. And we all feel compelled to offer less than the asking price. But if you know your market, and more important the market direction, get the job done. The successful new owner offered me full asking price and figured out how to get me an immediate deposit on a bank holiday.

The car was first advertised late on Thursday afternoon July 2nd. By Friday July 3rd I had 2 serious lookers but no deal and no deposit. Both buyer 1 and 2 offered me slightly less than my asking price and wanted to get back to me after the holiday weekend. I even thought that because of the holiday no one could get me a deposit before Monday. Saturday was July 4th and the banks were closed. The successful buyer asked me where I banked. Because we both had accounts at the same bank he offered to make an internet inter-bank transfer into my account. I received a deposit within the hour.

The Mexico Blue GT3 is a good collectable Porsche. There are no chips, dings, over-revs or anything else other than a mar on the right rear wheel which I disclosed to all potential buyers. My asking price was somewhere between wholesale and retail. The value is probably going upÂ….or at least not going down. ThereÂ’s a lesson here about any deal. If you want it, and itÂ’s rare, donÂ’t **** around and get the deal done. The July 4th deposit was clever and impressive.

Now letÂ’s get back to my conversation with the man from New Jersey. I suggested that he look at a White 10k mile 2011 GT3 3.8 RS I saw on Ebay. He said that an RS was too much car for him and then confided to me that it was the Mexico Blue that really attracted him. Even 10 years ago color may have been secondary to mileage and condition. In todayÂ’s market color means everything. PTS (paint to sample) PorschesÂ’ bring substantial premiums. I then asked him if he had driven a current model Porsche (991) Carrera GTS. He said no.

The GTS is the most powerful naturally aspirated current generation Porsche 911 (pre-R intro) available with a manual transmission. In fact I like it better than the 2011 3.8 GT3 and itÂ’s less money. The new Riviera Blue MT GTS is probably the only one of its kind and certainly the only new one. If you love NA PorschesÂ’ with a manual transmission and Riviera Blue this is it.

Originally Posted by RajDatta
I think the NJ guy would be me . I do appreciate you taking my call and speaking with me even though you had already sold the car. For you to remember our conversation so vividly speaks volumes about you as a person and a true Car guy.
I was guy #3 that didn't screw around; I lifted Suitcaise's asking price and wired him a deposit the same day almost a year ago today. It was a fair price, I wanted the car, knew I'd likely never see another example, done, easy. And, Raj, you had a second shot at that same Mx blue gt3 with me when I sold it a couple months ago. Same story: someone else paid what I was asking while you/I danced back and forth on negotiating price, needing to sell another gt3 first, financing, etc. I honestly think some people mainly like the chase. Others like the kill, I guess. Anyway, the Mx blue gt3 was very nice. But, it and a silver 7.1rs were swapped out in my collection for a silver '69 E and a 7.1rs frog. Everyone involved in the buys/sells was quick, painless and happy with end results, including me

Raj, maybe you'll actually finally get that Mx blue from the most recent buyer? However, somehow it must be more fun for you to chase it than kill it? Good luck either way.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:30 AM
Suitcase
Racer

More.... Since we're all old friends here.

I don't buy cars to sell them or flip them. I wish I could keep all of them. But I can't. So here is the whole story. A year ago I was was in a bad, very bad, divorce. 3 years of litigation for 6 year marriage with no children. It was also my first marriage and her third. I asked the court if I could use some money due me from an inheritance for living expenses and legal fees. The Judge said no. The Judge also said I could not sell any cars. What the hell was I supposed to do? I made the hard decision to sell the Mx Blue 997.2 GT3. As the story is now public JT purchased the car. What I didn't know at the time is that my now ex-wife had installed a clandestine "log-me-in" program in my computer while we were still together. She knew everything. This is very illegal breaking both Federal and State laws. And for the record there were no other women or cheating.

She went to the court, citing RL, disclosed the sale of the GT3 and demanded 1/2 the proceeds. I didn't deny it. At this point not only did I think she was cyber stalking me she testified to it at her criminal trial for assault. Like I say, I couldn't make this stuff up. The Judge didn't care about how she obtained the information and said that was another matter. What????? She commits several felonies, admits it under oath and the Judge doesn't care?

The Judge then ordered me to pay her 1/2 the proceeds of the GT3 because she claimed she had no money. Of course by that time most of the money from the sale was gone. Then the Judge then ordered that I sell my 997.2 GT3 RS which is the lightest in the US to pay her. I refused. I was threatened with jail for contempt. I was not going to sell the car. Sometimes you have to take a stand.

In the end I didn't go to jail. My ex "forgot" to tell the court that she had just obtained a $250k loan against our marital home which I stupidly allowed to be put in her name.

I served a subpoena to Google and the records proved that an IP address belonging to a major Pharma company was cyber stalking my computer for (at least) the previous six months. In a stroke of luck the stalking IP address was "Googled" to my ex-wife's employer. I settled the case by hold "holding harmless" (civil) my ex and her attorneys.'

The MT Riviera Blue GTS was ordered to replace my beloved DD, a '98 RB C2S "The Blue Streak" which is now retired. In the interim I was offered a Mint Green GTS with some miles on it. Since it already had miles I started to use that car and left the RB car in the wrapper. No, the GTS is not a 959. And it's not an 3.8 RS. But it's a great "usable" 911 in a rare (one of one) fun color. The RB GTS will put a smile on your face every time you walk toward it in the course of a day for years to come.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:34 AM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

More.... Since we're all old friends here.

I don't buy cars to sell them or flip them. I wish I could keep all of them. But I can't. So here is the whole story. A year ago I was was in a bad, very bad, divorce. 3 years of litigation for 6 year marriage with no children. It was also my first marriage and her third. I asked the court if I could use some money due me from an inheritance for living expenses and legal fees. The Judge said no. The Judge also said I could not sell any cars. What the hell was I supposed to do? I made the hard decision to sell the Mx Blue 997.2 GT3. As the story is now public JT purchased the car. What I didn't know at the time is that my now ex-wife had installed a clandestine "log-me-in" program in my computer while we were still together. She knew everything. This is very illegal breaking both Federal and State laws. And for the record there were no other women or cheating.

She went to the court, citing RL, disclosed the sale of the GT3 and demanded 1/2 the proceeds. I didn't deny it. At this point not only did I think she was cyber stalking me she testified to it at her criminal trial for assault. Like I say, I couldn't make this stuff up. The Judge didn't care about how she obtained the information and said that was another matter. What????? She commits several felonies, admits it under oath and the Judge doesn't care?

The Judge then ordered me to pay her 1/2 the proceeds of the GT3 because she claimed she had no money. Of course by that time most of the money from the sale was gone. Then the Judge then ordered that I sell my 997.2 GT3 RS which is the lightest in the US to pay her. I refused. I was threatened with jail for contempt. I was not going to sell the car. Sometimes you have to take a stand.

In the end I didn't go to jail. My ex "forgot" to tell the court that she had just obtained a $250k loan against our marital home which I stupidly allowed to be put in her name.

I served a subpoena to Google and the records proved that an IP address belonging to a major Pharma company was cyber stalking my computer for (at least) the previous six months. In a stroke of luck the stalking IP address was "Googled" to my ex-wife's employer. I settled the case by hold "holding harmless" (civil) my ex and her attorneys.'

The MT Riviera Blue GTS was ordered to replace my beloved DD, a '98 RB C2S "The Blue Streak" which is now retired. In the interim I was offered a Mint Green GTS with some miles on it. Since it already had miles I started to use that car and left the RB car in the wrapper. No, the GTS is not a 959. And it's not an 3.8 RS. But it's a great "usable" 911 in a rare (one of one) fun color. The RB GTS will put a smile on your face every time you walk toward it in the course of a day for years to come.

Sorry to hear this story. And yes the GTS is fantastic, if it had a few more options like full leather etc I would take it. GLWS
Old 06-28-2016, 10:46 AM
TarponOne
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Private Message Sent.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Man, sorry to hear all of that. You were a great, no hassle seller. I planned to keep the car for long time but it was always going to be a place holder for the jelly bean gt3 that always haunted me: 7.1rs frog. I finally sold off a few cars and paired back my collection to only my must-haves. So, the Mx blue non-RS had to go. LH and 7.1rs frog were perma-vault cars for me. When that all lined up, I pulled trigger.

The guy that bought the Mx blue gt3 was a huge blue 911 fan; I understand he has a few. I think it's in good hands. And I can stop lusting after frogs now. Instead I just walk out in my garage and look at it and smile sometimes. I guess that's why they are a gt3 more than a white/black/silver 7.1rs???

Sorry for WAY OT; just a crazy coincidence to accidentally read a thread where seller and almost buyer were discussing a car I'd bought and sold already.

Last free bump from me. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:04 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I was guy #3 that didn't screw around; I lifted Suitcaise's asking price and wired him a deposit the same day almost a year ago today. It was a fair price, I wanted the car, knew I'd likely never see another example, done, easy. And, Raj, you had a second shot at that same Mx blue gt3 with me when I sold it a couple months ago. Same story: someone else paid what I was asking while you/I danced back and forth on negotiating price, needing to sell another gt3 first, financing, etc. I honestly think some people mainly like the chase. Others like the kill, I guess. Anyway, the Mx blue gt3 was very nice. But, it and a silver 7.1rs were swapped out in my collection for a silver '69 E and a 7.1rs frog. Everyone involved in the buys/sells was quick, painless and happy with end results, including me

Raj, maybe you'll actually finally get that Mx blue from the most recent buyer? However, somehow it must be more fun for you to chase it than kill it? Good luck either way.
I will refrain from our exchange to keep things on topic. I am glad it worked out for both of us. I went ahead and bought a 991 GT3 in RIVIERA BLUE ( 1 of 2 in US ) from a stand up, honest individual. So the chase finally ended for me and I made the kill!

Couldn't be happier. I guess my Karma came through for me.
Good luck.

Bump for an honest, stand up seller.

Last edited by RajDatta; 06-29-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper