Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2001 996 Cabriolet, Black

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013 | 03:57 PM
nc911
Instructor

Default 2001 996 Cabriolet, Black

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 49300
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Traction Control
Color: Black
VIN: WP0CA29901S651433
Price (no $ sign please): $25000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I bought a 6GT3 recently so am selling my 2001 Cab.
I travel a lot for work so would never enjoy having two Porsches.
Also, the wifey wants her Acura back in the garage!

I have a clean title in hand.
Two keys, plus the spare emergency key, all original manuals and window sticker in hand.

A little history behind the car. I am the fourth owner. I know the previous owner. He got it from Leith Porsche as a CPO. I bought it in late 2008 with 20k miles on it.
He drove it for 1k miles. Since then, I've put 29k miles on the car over the last four years. It was my DD until 2011 when I got my Audi A4. I drove it only 2k miles last year.
I've done about 10 DE in the car. Never involved in an accident on or off track. I've been meticulous on the maintenance and all the track inspections have caught any safety or operational issue.
The car is well known in the Carolina's PCA region and many members in our region as well as a few RL'ers here know the car and it's history.

This car has never had a drop of oil come out of the RMS. The housing has no oil stain and I have never cleaned the area. I think this is one of the good ones!

I can supply a DME report. Last time I looked, there was only some millisecond over rev.

I've invested quite a bit of time and money to do repairs, preventative maintenance, and some very tasteful updates over the years.
have all the receipts. I've done the basic oil change, brake fluid, break pads DIY. Leith Porsche has done all other major items.

I'll list off most what I can.
- Oil change two to three times every year.
- Gear box oil change two times in four years.
- Breaks bled a few times every year.
- Air filter change in 2009.
- New GHH convertible top with rear glass (the updated one) in late 2009 at 33k miles. New head liner.
- PSS9 Installed in 2010 at 35k miles. 3G racing in Greensboro did the rebuild and install. They are the race shop for Stevenson (was?).
- New battery 2011
- New plugs and coil packs at 43738 miles.
- New drive belt at 43600 miles.
- Bumper plugs painted center console and horse shoe at 44k miles.
- New matching black brake lever and shift ****, boot.
- New factory aero kit bumper cover and side skirts at 46k miles.
I went ahead and repainted (not respray) the entire front clip (hood, fenders) along with the bumper and side skirts.
There was "patina" on the hood so I thought it would look better with all fresh paint. Paragon (Porsche approved shop did all the work). Then I immediately clear bra the entire front clip, side skirts, side mirrors, headlamps, rear fender by TVP in Raleigh (he's the only one in the area to touch high end cars).
- New wrapped leather steering wheel by Dallas Custom. With yellow highlight.
- New set of rotors (Sebro) at 46k miles.
- New factory red calipers at 46k miles (I wanted Red!) with new brake lines.
- SRF brake fluid.
- Coolant resevoir was changed I think in 2010 but forgot to log it. It was updated with the new revised version.
- New ignition switch and headlight switch.
- New factory (Saint Gobain) windshield at 47,400 miles.
- New window wipers at 48k miles.
- New water pump and coolant hose. (PM, the original one was fine). I thought it best as the water pump may go at 50k or 60k. I was premature to change it but that was the idea.
- New front upper monoball GT3 shock mounts. The original one had a torn seal so I went with the GT3 bulletproof ones.
- New stock brake pads at 49k miles.
- New Hankook tires at 49k miles.
- Replace front driver wheel bearing at 49k miles.

I have the factory black hard top with matching Savannah Beige interior.
The seat bolster has wear on it as it reflects the mileage on the car.
I installed a satellite head unit and put the antenna on the dash. Works great. You'll have to activate it though.

All the instrument cluster works, no leaking LCD, CD player and radio works and there is a connection possible to an iPod/Iphone.

I'm not emotionally attached to the car, nor am I in panic to sell it.
The new tires, rotors, pads, shock mounts, wheel bearing, and water pump I put into the car this year alone is well over $3k.

A convertible is not for everyone but for the buyer looking to get a well maintained 996 Cab by a P car enthusiast, I think this car is worth the look.

I have many photos of the car and references incase they are needed.

Conditions of sale.
PPI recommended and welcomed.
Down payment of $500 to hold the car to arrange remaining finances.
Wire transfer or cashiers check to clear for 10 days to deliver the car.
I travel a lot so best to call me to my cell at 919-795-1854.
My wife wants nothing to do with the sale and I can't have looky loo's at the house so we have to meet at a public place mutually agreed upon.

I would very much like this car to go to a fellow RL'er rather than a random person so will put it up on the normal sites later.

Thanks for looking!

George
Attached Images                

Last edited by nc911; 06-01-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-11-2013 | 04:10 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Immaculate. Love the black on beige. Stunning. Best of luck.
Old 05-11-2013 | 04:12 PM
nc911
Instructor

Sorry for the spots on the paint. I had my local detailer (Logan) just detail it. Right when I start taking photos, it started sprinkling! I rushed to park it but got water spots all over it. The paint is in very good condition, especially for a black car.

George
Old 05-14-2013 | 03:44 PM
nc911
Instructor

A few people have asked where the car is located.
The car is located in the Raleigh area in North Carolina.
Thanks for looking.
Old 05-29-2013 | 11:34 PM
nc911
Instructor

$25,000

Priced to sell.
Old 05-31-2013 | 08:33 PM
nc911
Instructor

I've had a few people say they PM'ed me. For some reason, I'm not getting them nor is the "subscribe to" function not working. While I check on that, please email me at gnkim@aol.com or call to my cell if urgent. 919-795-1854.

Thanks

George
Old 06-01-2013 | 11:09 AM
nc911
Instructor

Hello, All,

It looks like the price drop has generated a lot more interest. To help clarify the details of the sale.

The price is firm.

I will accommodate anyone wishing to take a test drive as a passenger but have decided to not allow potential buyers to drive the car. If you put a non-refundable deposit down, we can discuss a test drive.

I do have all maintenance records. I've done basic oil, brake pads and Leith Porsche in Cary has done all major service.

The car is not viewable at my home so please don't ask for my address. We can meet at a mutually agreed place in the Cary area.

Additional photos are available on request. Questions about the vehicle, history, maintenance are welcomed.

I have a clean title.

If you want a car fax, please run the report. It has never been in any accident, filed a claim against it.
All paint work was elective (when upgraded to the Aero kit).

If you don't want to purchase the car after a viewing, please be up front with me and tell me if you want to purchase or not. I won't be offended if the car is not for you or there is an issue about the car that raises concern. Thinking about it, asking the wife, waiting for cash to free up. Please get all your ducks lined up before asking to view the car. Like I mentioned, I travel a lot and am short on time when in town so buyers, not shoppers are appreciated. No offense to anyone I trust. We are all busy professionals here so free time is hard to come by for many of us.

I really dislike selling cars so have taken my last two cars and dumped them off at Carmax.
I won't do that with the Cab as the local crew would black ball me for life.

Thanks to all that have contacted me and your kind comments about the car.

Thanks for looking.

George
Old 06-01-2013 | 12:04 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

That's an awful lot of car for $25k - best of luck w/ the sale! Hope it goes to a deserving buyer.
Old 06-01-2013 | 01:49 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Your cab is fairly priced @ $25k, actually I'd say it's a steal. I've always enjoyed selling my cars and would find it difficult to deny a potential buyer some time at the wheel.I say it will sell soon,GL
Old 06-01-2013 | 11:18 PM
nc911
Instructor

Deposit received. Sale pending

Quick Reply: 2001 996 Cabriolet, Black