Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Porsche 968 in very nice condition

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018 | 01:40 AM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Default Porsche 968 in very nice condition

Year: 1994
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 968
Mileage (numbers only please): 187000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AA2963RS820255
Price (no $ sign please): $15500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I've owned this 968 for over 6 years and I've driven it quite a bit including trips to Arizona and California from Texas on several occasions. Pretty much every major system has been taken care of to keep the car in great working order and reliable. I have receipts for parts and work done back about 6 years. I'm reluctantly selling because I have several other Porsche's and I'm considering downsizing my collection. Car is in essentially stock configuration.

It has 187,000 miles on the odometer, but you wouldn't know by looking at or driving the car. Nicer than many with 60,000 to 80,000 less miles and all of the usual maintenance areas have been taken care of unlike a lot for sale that I've seen. I do drive the car on occasion, so miles will continue to increase and any maintenance items that come up will be completed.

Car located just north of San Antonio, Texas in the city of Bulverde.

Asking price is $15,500 (pretty firm, but talk to me and show real interest and time, and we can discuss ... reluctantly selling)

Details:

Upcoming Services (for planning): Oil and filter change at 190,000; Timing and balance shaft belts at 210,000; Pollen filters at 200,000; Air Filter at 210,000;

Engine: The rod bearings, all seals, camshaft chain and vario-cam pads, belts, hall sensor, plug wires (new), spark plugs (new), water pump, camshaft belt tensioner, speed sensors radiator, radiator plastic tank have been replaced in the past few years. The engine runs very strong, smooth and as it should. During all of this work, I cleaned the engine bay and engine/components which is why it looks the way it does. Hood shocks replaced about a year ago ... work perfectly. Engine mounts are brand new as well. New Knock sensors.

Clutch: Clutch is brand new, as is the Dual-Mass Flywheel (sourced direct from Porsche). Also, new clutch master cylinder. Transmission shifts well, no synchro issues, no whine ... very quiet and smooth operating ... just as it should be. Transaxel fluid replaced about 15,000 miles ago and is in great condition

Starter: Works well, strong, and without issues.

Shocks : Bilsteins front and rear were installed about 7 years ago (before I bought the car) ... work nicely and very comfortable ride. Car is at stock ride height.

Brakes: New rotors front and rear and new pads all around were installed about 15,000 miles ago ... plenty of life left.

Tires/wheels: New within the past year ... probably only 2,000 miles on them. Wheels are 986 Boxster S wheels that fit well (no spacers) and balance up easily. One wheel is slightly a different color silver due to professional refinishing, but unless its pointed out, you'd probably not notice.

Glass: Great condition! Front windshield was replaced 6 years ago due to a big rock hitting it. Rear hatch has been professionally re-bonded and is creak and leak free unlike most 944s and 968s. Rear hatch shocks replaced about three years ago and work really well.

Carpets: Most are in great condition, there is a little sun fading and deterioration in the rear hatch area ... much better than most, but not factory perfect.

Sunroof: Works correctly, pops up and down with the switch.

Radio: Not OEM ... it is a Sony with Aux-In and uses the original, factory car speakers in the original locations. Roof antenna is in excellent shape and the extension is brand-new

Lights: All work correctly. Right front headlight goes down when turned off, but on rare occasions, a little hesitantly ... almost like it needs a little lubrication, but otherwise, headlights work just like they should. Tail lights have a few light age/spider cracks in the lenses, but nothing that impacts the operation or weatherproofing of the lights themselves.

Paint: Overall, very good impression and about 60% original, but not perfect. Front fenders and bumper were repainted over 7 years ago by previous owner. Mirrors show the most chips and wear with some paint defects that could be easily fixed. Front bumper, even lowest point and around grille area in great shape and grille mesh (factory) in perfect condition. The plastic headlight covers (these form the back of the pop-up headlights do have some age cracks which seems to be rather typical for 968s)

Records, books, etc: I do have records going back over the 6 years or so I've owned it. I have the owners manual, warranty book and other related materials. I have two keys (the light in the key fobs does not work). I do not have a Porsche certificate of Authenticity for the car. The car does have the option sticker in the back and the VIN plate and sticker is present and un-molested. It does have all of the tools and jack ... in great condition. It does have a air compressor for the spare collapsible tire ... which is also in great condition.

Other items: Seats were recovered 6 years ago and look great ... no rips, tears or other blemishes. Dash has a few cracks, but not as bad as most. In fact, most people seeing the car for the first time comment on the crack-free dash until I show then where the cracks are. All under-body panels are present and in good shape. AC works great, compressor is brand new (rebuilt) and has a new receiver drier and o-rings.. Interior clock does work and keeps time. One of the flapper motors occasionally makes a electrical sound like a relay opening and closing, but simply changing the temperature by rotating the dial on the CCU makes it stop (this happens mostly after the car sits for a few weeks and goes away quickly). The outside temperature gauge works and lights up during the day, but with headlights on does not light up. All instruments/gauges work correctly and no airbag light that stays lit ... it does test correctly when starting the car.

Overall, it's a great, reliable and enjoyable driver, looks very good and gets many compliments, but is not a "perfect virgin garage queen" ... it's been driven and enjoyed. Yes, I have even driven it in the rain, and it has some rock chips and a few paint blemishes. That being said, it still looks really great even up close.

Last edited by AMCPILOT; 05-12-2018 at 10:32 PM. Reason: updates info
Old 03-16-2018 | 09:13 PM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Here are a few shots showing some of the extensive engine work. I recommend you research how much work like this would cost if you buy a 968 that hasn't had any of this done.

Typical cleanliness of the underside following engine work completed

Just before New seals, water pump, belts, replaced, verified tensioner in great shape, new hall sensor

New Rod bearings, oil pan gasket

New Variocam pads

New Variocam pads and chain and engine seals throughout entire engine

New Variocam pads and chain
Old 03-16-2018 | 09:24 PM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Compressor

Option sticker

Tool kit in great shape

Spare and compressor

Full owners manuals

Jack and handle in great shape

Tool kit and compressor
I have been asked about photos of spare tire, tools, manuals and option codes. Here they are:
Old 03-16-2018 | 11:35 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Very nice car. Was the rod bearing replaced as a preventive measure?
Old 03-17-2018 | 12:56 AM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Yes, everything done to the car was preventative and preemptively.
Old 04-04-2018 | 02:04 PM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Updated info per requests and updated price.
Old 04-04-2018 | 07:53 PM
cwcsvt
Racer

Do you have any pics of it in direct sunlight?
Old 04-05-2018 | 06:12 PM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Here you go... in the sunlight

Old 04-05-2018 | 09:41 PM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Man, that has to be one of, if not, the cleanest and best-sorted 187K-mi 968s anywhere. GLWS
Old 04-06-2018 | 01:13 AM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Thanks ... hopefully someone out there is interested in buying it.
Old 07-05-2018 | 04:31 PM
abrolls
3rd Gear

HI: RJ Wilmoth sent me your link regarding the 968. Did you ever sell it?
Old 07-05-2018 | 04:53 PM
AMCPILOT
Racer

Car is still for sale ... lot of interest, but no serious buyers. I've tried my best to provide a lot of detailed information and photos of the car ... Please, read over everything and if you are really serious about buying a great car and understand that I feel that I've very fairly priced this car, feel free to PM me.
Old 07-05-2018 | 05:13 PM
abrolls
3rd Gear

Thanks for replying. I am in the market. RJ told me that the car is in great shape. I am used to having high mileage cars so long as the maintenance is done which from your description and what RJ told me has been done on this car. I am selling two of my cars to make room. I am buying the car for my wife as a surprise. She had a 944 turbo and has missed not having a Porsche. We are friends with several members of the local Porsche Club so we are very interested in sharing the experience with them. I currently have Landrovers and Rolls Royce cars.

I am new to this forum so not sure how to PM you.
Old 07-05-2018 | 05:26 PM
AMCPILOT
Racer

You should be able to click on my profile name (Amcpilot) and select send a private message. Once I get that, I'll give you my contact info.
Old 07-05-2018 | 05:29 PM
abrolls
3rd Gear

thanks. I just sent over a "friend" request. Let me know if you receive it.

Quick Reply: Porsche 968 in very nice condition