Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 GT4 Carrara White Metallic, LWB's, 3700 miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:22 PM
mc2
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman GT4
Mileage (numbers only please): 3753
Color: Carrara White Metallic
VIN: WP0AC2A87GK192432
Price (no $ sign please): $104500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Still for sale at $104,500 I'll pay to have the car shipped enclosed to your door to help you out in the deal.

CarFax Report:
https://www.carfax.com/fsb/report?to...6FushW_JmZWhwA

If you have a trade you'd like my BMW dealer to include in the deal, the best way to do that is get an appraisal at a Sonic Automotive owned dealership (any brand dealer, search Sonic Automotive in Google and look for the nearest dealer). That way on a corporate level, dealing with your car will be easier. I've had people contact me excited about being able to trade in their car in the deal (like any deal at any dealership) but then became disappointed at the actual value of their trade thus stopping the deal in its tracks. Please be realistic about expected values etc.

In addition, I've had a lot of people contact me with interest but state they needed to do X,Y,Z before buying. I'm a straight forward person so just contact me when you have all of your ducks in a row and we can make a deal.

The closer you live to Houston, the better, but I will help you out the best I can no matter where you live. Thanks.

Mark
Old 08-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by mc2
Hey Doc,

Thanks for your suggestion.

1. Do you think my car is priced above market value?
2. Do you think most buyers are from tax advantaged states and are looking for only a private to private deal?

Mark
#1 - it hasn't sold, so maybe.
#2 - not sure about all state laws, but a private party sale would be my first choice by far.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:47 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by mc2
2016 GT4 Carrara White Metallic, LWB's, 3700 miles

** New Price **
** I'll pay for enclosed shipping of my GT4 to you within the 48 contiguous states **

Up for sale is my GT4 (see image below for the build sheet). I purchased the car from a fellow Rennlister in April 2017 site unseen. It was delivered in flawless condition with 3,012 miles on the clock. I’ve only had the opportunity to do city and freeway driving. No track days or high speed country runs unfortunately. I’m selling the car in such a short time because I'm not able to drive and enjoy it much and I’m in need of a 4-door daily driver that I can take both downtown (steep garage entrances, potholes) and out of town with my family. I love the car and the second I saw the listing back in April I jumped on it with no regrets. The previous original owner took meticulous care of the car, as have I. When the car is not in my garage I have been keeping it at a professional car storage facility on a battery tender. Only hand washed.

Zero stories. The car has no rock chips, dents, dings, wheel rash, windshield chips. The front spoiler lip is in perfect condition. Tires are the original Cup 2’s with at least 50% life. The interior is flawless. Car just notified me that it’s due an oil change.

I bought the car with the following already on it or included:

- Xpel Ultimate (front bumper, side sills, behind door and air scoop, behind rear tires)
- CQuartz on the full exterior and wheels
- Clear side markers
- Radar detector power cable pre-wired
- Seat bolster protectors
- Porsche frunk liner
- Porsche car cover
- Windows are not tinted

After taking delivery of the car, I did the following:

- Xpel Ultimate added (full hood, headlights, fogs, fenders, A-pillars, front part of roof)

I am not trying to flip or make money on this car. MSRP was $97,175.

Selling Price: $104,500

The interested buyer must agree to allow my local BMW dealer to do an “in and out”. We agree on a sales price, they sell you the car. I am looking to buy a 5-series from them. They promise to make the transaction very easy for you. You can even finance through them or trade your current car if necessary. The title is held by my bank (Chase). The car is located in Houston, TX.

Thanks for your interest.

Mark
gorgeous - white is so underrated - GLWS
Old 08-03-2017, 08:23 PM
mc2
Rennlist Member

Thanks pup!
Old 08-04-2017, 10:24 PM
mc2
Rennlist Member

Car is perfect. I'll pay for shipping.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:55 PM
mc2
Rennlist Member

Still for sale. If you live in TX and can pickup the car, I'll try and help you out in the deal.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 AM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my car (favorite color, set-up, and similar paint protection) accept I don't have the buckets and wanted them.

That makes it pretty difficult to see how a BMW dealer feels about taking a GT4 for a GT4 and some cash.

Please someone, buy this car and end my suffering.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:55 AM
mc2
Rennlist Member

Hey David. I agree, great setup!

If you have a trade and want to switch it up, I don't see why it being the same car matters. You want to see what they can do for you? PM me. Thanks bud.

Mark
Old 08-09-2017, 04:30 PM
mc2
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 08-12-2017, 03:34 PM
mc2
Rennlist Member

Make me an offer. Come pick it up!
Old 08-12-2017, 03:41 PM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont understand why you are selling a car with 4000 miles above MSRP, are you asking the cost for the xpel etc? Good luck but its going to be tough especially with the .2 gt3 around the corner and the prices of 997 GT3s going down, plus overall car sales in the US have been going down for several months we are due for another car market correction.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:21 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

^^^^ DerStig, please see the sticky entitled "Commenting in For Sale threads," which constrains negative commenting about pricing in poster's ads. While opinions and analyses vary, GT4 selling prices seem to me to remain at or slightly above MSRP, depending on mileage, track usage or lack thereof, additional and/or aftermarket parts, options or lack thereof, and even location. This is still a special car, and the other models you mentioned may or may not be in direct competition with the GT4. Also, I believe 4k miles is really not a lot. A car with 1k miles or less would command even more of a premium, but 4k miles still is fairly low.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 9elheven
^^^^ DerStig, please see the sticky entitled "Commenting in For Sale threads," which constrains negative commenting about pricing in poster's ads. While opinions and analyses vary, GT4 selling prices seem to me to remain at or slightly above MSRP, depending on mileage, track usage or lack thereof, additional and/or aftermarket parts, options or lack thereof, and even location. This is still a special car, and the other models you mentioned may or may not be in direct competition with the GT4. Also, I believe 4k miles is really not a lot. A car with 1k miles or less would command even more of a premium, but 4k miles still is fairly low.
So why hasn't it sold?
Old 08-13-2017, 05:30 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

^^^^ Alan A, there're probably lots of reasons why it hasn't sold. Sure, a seller can reduce the price by $10k, but that's leaving a lot of money on the table, IMO. Maybe a few buyers are looking for Agate instead of white, or somebody has to have Sport Chrono, etc. etc. My point is that I simply concur with this website that responders to these For Sale threads should adhere to the site rules, and refrain from posting negative comments. There are general threads in which pricing opinions can be proffered. If there's really a need to impart information to the OP, it can be done with a PM, in many cases. Thanks, folks!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Capt_and
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

I was about to contact the OP and buy this car before my wife stepped in and killed it. She wanted back seats and reminded me that we can't buy a car this collectible since I would never want to drive it. I told my Porsche Service Manager about this car and he thought it was a killer deal. I still regret not shooting the OP a message and closing the deal before the wife found out. The white is amazing as is the car.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT4 Carrara White Metallic, LWB's, 3700 miles