Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2003 996TT X50 Feeler

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:33 AM
fossilfuel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 996TT X50 28k miles

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 28000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Seal Grey
VIN: WP0AB29963S685965
Price (no $ sign please): $56000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I am dancing on the edge of considering an F-car. But before I can even really contemplate it, I'd need to sell my 996TT and my 95 993.

Thus this feeler:

My car is a 2003 Seal Grey, black interior, all original, un-modified, X50 coupe. Clean title (at my credit union).

Here is a link to dropbox of pics. They are not great shots. I had gone to the coin car wash just to knock the layer of dust off the car, and—because no good deed goes unpunished—it started to rain while I was there.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z77xgmlik...5Fs642OAa?dl=0

The car has just short of 28k original on it. No paint work, clean carfax.

It is an X50* with books, 2 keys, etc. XPEL on front nose, lower hood. I bought but have not installed yet new upgraded 997 coil packs, Bosch plugs and 02 sensor. I got them from Kevin at UMW.

I am friends with the service manager at Porsche Austin and when I bought it I asked him do some “background” checking. My car had a new, updated tranny under warranty from the original selling dealer (2nd gear pop out issue resolved). She had new front seats under recall at the same time. The original owner (wisely in my opinion) opted for standard leather in the replacement, even tho the build code shows "draped" leather.

Probably going to want tires soonish (starting to look dry).

She is simply a very clean, low mile, stock FAST X50 996TT :-)

There is one very small door ding that could probably be PDR’d. It is not through the paint and really only visible on CLOSE scrutiny (I missed it when I bought the car and I'm pretty ****.

The car was a Porsche CPO from 2nd to 3rd owner (I am fourth). I have not been able to talk to the first owner, but I had a nice conversation with the second owner and have all his service receipts. And of course I bought it from the 3rd guy, so we have the whole history there— he only owned it two oil changes worth and had Blackstone test the oil for both. I have all that paper work——I took pics and have the hard paper copies.

The second owner had the dealer install a Porsche short shift kit. Personally, I don't like it—too notchy and firm. So I also have but have not installed yet a standard-throw shifter. I also bought from Rennlist an upgraded e-brake handle (aluminum and leather). I did not install that yet either——I was going to do a whole center console weekend one of these days to do all that and I was debating sending my console to Eric at BumperPlugs.com to have it painted Seal Grey to Match exterior. I also bought the upgraded cup holder faceplate —the oem one was cracked as they all are. That was on my center stack list.

I tried to take pics of all known flaws. I want to give full disclosure. She is a 13 year old car, so not museum perfect: couple small stone hits on the hood above the Expel line, the above mentioned door ding (right rear fender line), the back edge of the driver door where it opens and contacts other cars, three little nicks on the driver front fender, and a stone chip in the windshield——on that, I took it to the windshield place for repair to keep it from spreading right when I got the car—it has been stable since. A couple of small imperfections on the wheels (not curb rash, just stone chips)

I tried to focus on every flaw on the car to be totally transparent….as such, the pics are biased to the negative and don't really give the impression of how nice it really is.

I bought the car locally here in Austin after a looong search (including flying all the way to Toronto for a car that turned out to be not as advertised). My car was way more than my original budget, but it was also WAY cleaner and nicer. The car was never advertised when I got it, but instead a referral from TPWS (respected local indy shop) who knew the car and owner and put us together.

$56k is my go/no-go number to sell and try to stretch into an F-car.

Thanks!

-mark (aka fossilfuel)

*The 911 Turbo also offers an optional X50 engine enhancement performance
package that increases horsepower to 444 (SAE) @ 5,700 rpm and sustains
457 lb.-ft of peak torque from 3,500 to 4,500 rpm. The new package includes
modifications to the turbocharger, air intake cooler, electronic control unit,
exhaust system, as well as a strengthened transmission. The X50 package is
only available as an option from the Porsche factory
Attached Images     

Last edited by fossilfuel; 06-24-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:31 AM
tuningtechfs
Former Vendor

Beautiful car. GLWS.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Gaffa
Instructor

Really nice cars but is the 993 for sale as well as that's what I'd be interested in ? Either way best of luck if you do decide to move her/them on.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:03 PM
fossilfuel
Instructor

Hi Gaffa (and others),

I posted my 993 for sale feeler separately with link to pics.

Thanks,

-mark (aka fossilfuel)

Last edited by fossilfuel; 06-20-2017 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:53 PM
krypt0
1st Gear

Nice car. GLWS!
Old 06-15-2017, 11:58 PM
Kanwar Bagga
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One month ago this would be a no brainer for me.. Awesome color, best combo. Good luck!!
Old 06-16-2017, 12:37 AM
patently
Intermediate

Hi Fossil, PM'd you.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:18 AM
fossilfuel
Instructor

Bump. Two very interested parties at my asking price, but nothing inked yet.

So----available.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:31 AM
patently
Intermediate

Hey Mark it's Jim in San Diego. Still got the X50 in hand?
Old 06-27-2017, 02:40 PM
fossilfuel
Instructor

Hi Jim, I sent you a text. Thanks! -mark
Old 07-08-2017, 11:32 PM
patently
Intermediate

Default First time Porsche owner

OMG. I just reached agreement to buy fossilfuel's 996TT. Super easy transaction throughout due to two like-minded reasonable and willing people involving a great car.

This is my first Porsche. I'm 58 and have been wishing to do this since I was a boy and first saw my cool aerospace engineer uncle's 911.

I'll see you Porsche folks in San Diego. I'll be the guy with the supercar and the stupid grin.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:06 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by patently
OMG. I just reached agreement to buy fossilfuel's 996TT. Super easy transaction throughout due to two like-minded reasonable and willing people involving a great car.

This is my first Porsche. I'm 58 and have been wishing to do this since I was a boy and first saw my cool aerospace engineer uncle's 911.

I'll see you Porsche folks in San Diego. I'll be the guy with the supercar and the stupid grin.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:43 AM
SF911TT
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats to both!
Old 07-09-2017, 01:05 PM
fossilfuel
Instructor

SOLD! THANKS RENNLIST

As I mentioned in my original entry on this thread, this feeler was a step possibly towards an f-car for me. It is with much gratitude to the communities of both Rennlist and FerrariChat that Jim ("Patently") and my dreams are both coming true.

While these cars are great and fun, it is the community of support, knowledge, history and willingness to share that makes it possible and enjoyable for "regular guys" (and gals) to dip our toes in the otherwise intimidating world of exotic and performance cars.

I knew that posting here was the right place to find a credible and real audience. Thanks Jim and thanks Rennlist!

-mark (fossilfuel)
Old 07-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by patently
Congrats on your purchase, Jim. Bring it out to the next autocross at Qualcomm Stadium on July 29 and start learning what your car can do (and how much you may have to learn about it). There is a long slippery slope of performance driving laying in wait for you....

TT

Quick Reply: 2003 996TT X50 Feeler