Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 911 Carrera 4 Coupe 6 Speed Sunroof Hard Back Sport Seats, Iris Blue, Garaged

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 07:06 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 1996 911 Carrera 4 Coupe 6 Speed Sunroof Hard Back Sport Seats, Iris Blue, Garaged

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 109100
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Iris Blue L39V
VIN: WP0AA2993TS320730
Price (no $ sign please): $56750
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I am selling my 1996 911 Carrera 4 Coupe in an effort to reduce some major credit and other debts in preparation to plan for my retirement. I'm a 42 married man with 2 young daughters and need to get serious about planning the next 10-40 years. I have been a car guy my whole life and have been involved professionally in the automotive industry since about 1994. I always dreamed of owning a 911 and this 993 is/was my first one. I am very sad to see it go but planning for the future will allow me to have another one possibly sooner than I expect

It is a very desirable Carrera 4 Coupe in Iris Blue (L39V) with the 6 speed trans, sunroof and 'NE' code Gray/Midnight Full Leather interior w/ heated and power Hard Back Sport Seats. I believe less than 411 were made worldwide in 1996 and just over 300 sold in the USA. I am the 3rd owner of the car. I bought it from up-state New York from a small independent dealer just over 3 years ago. Originally it was a Vermont vehicle and was meticulously maintained and cared for. I have a clean Carfax report showing the impeccable dealer service history and lack of any notable issues or questionable history. The original paperwork was lost before the selling dealer offered it but I have history of all the work completed since and have documented almost every modification and repair/upgrade.

The car was a 09991 Exclusive Special Order vehicle. It came with several special order options including: 425 - Rear Wiper, 454 - Cruise Control, 659 - On-Board Computer (Multi Function dash screen), XD9/X89 - Wheels painted to match vehicle exterior & painted Porsche crest caps, 373/374 - Left & Right Hard Back Sport Seats w/ power adjust, 139/340 - Seat Heating Left & Right as well as several other common US spec options. I do have a current Porsche Certificate of Authenticity.

The car had just shy of 101k miles when I purchased it and it passed a PPI at New Country Porsche of Clifton Park, only noting some common oil seepage from the lower valve covers and some sign of seepage from the rear main seal... all of which would be taken care of in the near future.

Upon bringing the car home, I immediately knew I wanted to make some subtle mods/changes. The body was straight and after a 3 stage buff, polish and wax, it looked like a 30k mile car! There was some patina on the rockers and front and rear of the rear arches and there was a small section below the drivers side of the rear glass that showed signs of rust (very common in this area for these cars). I immediately dropped the car off at Gunter Collision Center in Finksburg, MD (local reputable Porsche body shop) to address the rust. I also decided to add the RS splitters, some Turbo-S LED fog/scoops and a Ducktail engine lid. The manager of the body shop convinced me that the newly painted front end parts would clash pretty badly with the patina of the 100k mile front end so we decided to repaint the front end of the car from the cowl forward purely for cosmetic reasons. We also decided at that point to shave/fill the front bumperettes and front license plate mounting holes as well as paint the rear bumperettes to match. The color match and finish is perfect. I give the exterior an 9 of 10 simply due to the rocker and wheel arch patina. I also replaced the front corner lenses w/ clear units and upgraded the stock headlamps with a 35w 4300k HID system, new Bosch headlamp lenses and Clearbra lens covers.

I replaced the soft stock suspension with a new set of KW Variant 1 threaded body coilovers as well as a solid H&R rear anti-swaybar and a Racing Dynamics aluminum front upper strut tower brace. The car now handles like its on rails and is very comfortable for daily use. It is amazing how stiff the chassis of the car feels.

While addressing the oil leaks from the valve covers, I decided to upgrade all 4 uppers and lowers to Rennline aluminum valve covers. During installation we were able to inspect the cam lobes and rocker assemblies and all looked perfect (will post pics). I also went on to replace all 12 plugs, plug wires, caps & rotors, oil temp sensor, oil pressure sender and removed the SAI system from the engine. As we all know a bad/rusty SAI valve can cause more problems than its worth keeping in place so I simply eliminated that time bomb of a system and plugged the ports with the Patrick Motorsports plug kit.

I went on to replace the entire stock heat exchangers and exhaust system with a full Fabspeed RSR system with headers (with heat option), No cats and remaining stainless exhaust system. It is capable of switching back and forth from full exhaust to straight headers. This is a $3800 exhaust system and sounds wonderful.

Addressing the rear main seal seepage, I decided I would change the stock clutch and flywheel assembly for a lightweight single mass flywheel and an RS clutch and pressure plate from Patrick Motorsports. During that upgrade, I also replaced the rear main seal, front main seal, converted to a single belt setup with a Rothsport crank pulley setup (for cars with AC) & RS style fan pulley. At the same time I replaced the trans fluid w/ new Redline and also replaced the clutch slave cylinder and fluid line just for preventative maintenance reasons.

The interior of the car wasn't touched much. I replaced the stock steering wheel with the factory RS sport wheel (with the proper resistor jumper for airbag bypass) and swapped the stock gray shift kn0b/boot for a un-weighted black one from 1995. I have both stock parts. The audio system in the 993 (at least my non-hifi car), sucks. I made a significant upgrade by replacing the stock radio with a factory Porsche CDR-220 (with aux input cable) and replaced the front door speakers with Polk Audio components under the stock grills (crossovers tucked into the door map pockets hidden) and replaced the rear shelf speakers with Polk Audio 4" component plates under the stock grills. The remainder of the interior remains stock with the unpainted hardback heated and power Sport Seats (these things sell for over $5k these days!), full stitched leather dash, door panels, pillars and rear seats. I give the interior an 8 of 10 due to simple wear/tear. There is a place or two where the leather has shrunk and receded but it is not blatantly obvious and that can be repaired if you do so desire. A set of factory Porsche floormats protect the carpets.

It should also be noted that this engine also had a TPC supercharger system on it for a short time, which I I installed and documented, but I decided was better suited for someone else. I sold it and put the Varioram back on and nothing was cut or modified before, during or after this system was on the car. I even swapped the rear engine carrier with the person I solf the supercharger to for one which had not been drilled for the tensioner pulley. I do however still have some of the custom ECU stuff if anyone is interested in going to standalone engine management. Also, when returning to stock injectors, I sent the stock 6 out for balancing and blueprinting before reinstallation. The engine also has the MotorSound airbox and Wevo blue rear engine carrier mounts.

This car is not a garage queen but it darn sure looks like it. Driven occasionally and spiritedly but always garaged and pampered. Never tracked. Never auto-crossed. Never wrecked. AC blows COLD and heat works as it is designed in RS spec. All functionality of the car is as it should be or better. Engine oil and filters changed 2 times, 1st with Valvoline Vr1 and 2nd with Rotella T6, both for their notable zinc content. It will be due for another oil change in another 1000 miles. I had planned to keep driving this car well into the several hundreds of thousands of miles and I am sure it will allow the next owner this same relationship.

The price, with the color matched twists and new Goodyear Eagle GT all weather tires AND all the stock components (rear engine lid w/ stock motorized wing, stock heat exchangers and full exhaust w/ cat, stock steeringwheel w/ airbag, etc.), is $56,750.

The wheels on the car currently are a very special custom set of Fifteen52 Outlaw001 3-piece wheels in 18x8.5 and 18x11 w/ Sumitomo HTR-Z-III 225/40 and 285/30 tires. This setup costs about $7k. I would be willing to include these w/ the car for $60,750 ($4k add-on) if you did not want these wheels/tires, I also have the 18x8.5 and 18x11 Techart (OZ) Championship Formulas w/ Pirelli Pzero Rosso tires 225/40 and 285/30 (rear tires need replacing) which I would include with the car for only $58,750 ($2k add-on without the Outlaw 001's) We can negotiate based on which wheels you want or don't

I would also entertain CASH + Porsche 914 offers. I'm a softie for 914's and always wanted one. It would still be a substantial "CASH +" situation but I'd be willing to talk for the right 914.

I have nearly every original part taken off the car after having been replaced or upgraded, etc. including the full rear engine lid with full functioning motorized stock rear wing, the stock bumper splitter sections, all of the entire exhaust system w/ factory "Big Ovals", SAI system parts, stock valve covers, stock steering wheel, stock shift ****, stock rear swaybar, stock engine heater blower box assembly, etc.

Here are a few pics from different times in its history with me. I will be taking a thorough series of pictures in the next day or 2 and will be posting them here. Please feel free to lurk my profile. I've been an active posting member on here for over 3 years.

-Rich Pugh

Here is a link to 293 photos we took yesterday. Unedited so some are dark and some are filtered. Either way it shows the car as well as I could...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5jbrgh1ti...6HorrSr7a?dl=0

Last edited by RichPugh; 08-29-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: correcting VIN
Old 08-21-2016, 07:18 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

interested to see interior pics... thx
Old 08-21-2016, 08:43 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Sorry if some of these aren't perfect. Did what I could real quick this evening. Still need RS bypass pipe/tube... been lazy and never bought one, lol.

Old 08-21-2016, 08:47 PM
DrFraserCrane
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

good luck Rich
Old 08-21-2016, 08:49 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Thanks Fraser!
Old 08-21-2016, 08:50 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 766 Likes on 355 Posts

HARD BACKS

Should be in title.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:52 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

It's really nice, you can tell you take really good care of your car.
GLWS
Old 08-21-2016, 08:57 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jamie140
HARD BACKS

Should be in title.

I edited it... Dunno if main title will change but its in there now
Old 08-21-2016, 09:34 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
HARD BACKS

Should be in title.
HEATED hardbacks!
Old 08-21-2016, 10:13 PM
AZ Targa
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GLWS It's one beautiful car man!

Do you not have to pass emissions in MD?
Old 08-21-2016, 10:15 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Seen this car in person (during Hershey's Swap meet) and she's absolutely stunning. Best of luck with sale, Rich!
Old 08-21-2016, 10:17 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AZ Targa
GLWS It's one beautiful car man!

Do you not have to pass emissions in MD?
20+ years or older, registered as Historic... no emissions
Old 08-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Sciotoboy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone is going to get a great car from a great guy.Good luck with the sale and your retirement plans Rich.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:18 PM
RichPugh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Seen this car in person (during Hershey's Swap meet) and she's absolutely stunning. Best of luck with sale, Rich!
Thanks, Sir!
Old 08-22-2016, 10:20 AM
turbo_joe
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Free Bump

Have seen this car from when it was first picked up until now. Very well kept and worth every penny.

Good luck with the sale Rich.
-Joey

Quick Reply: 1996 911 Carrera 4 Coupe 6 Speed Sunroof Hard Back Sport Seats, Iris Blue, Garaged