Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 1997 Acura NSX MT

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 04:37 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
Mileage (numbers only please): 19307
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $71500
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by agent325
In early 2011, I almost bought a 1997 with 20k miles, pearl yellow, beautiful car. The guy was asking 45, came down to 43, I was at 40 he passed. I eventually bought 996 C4s.
Ouch
Old 08-22-2016, 06:42 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
True, CJ, in a perfect world, we would've been offered the 1997-2001 3.2L 6-speed cars, with all their upgrades, as coupes, versus targas, here in the US. As you know, all but almost literally a handful of cars, post-1995, were targas. A 3.2L coupe would be a rare find, for sure. Idk, mine is a ('98) targa, but as I almost never remove the top, I just pretend it's a coupe when I'm in it. At least they gave us the bigger motor, to try and balance things out.

Anyway, your coupe is built out, and badass, and likely a hell of a good time on track, but for most of us just cruising the streets in our twenty year old NSXes, the 3.2L stock cars are still pretty damn great.

To the OP, that's a really low price, for the current market, if it's a clean, all original car. Just FYI, there have been reports, on Prime, of at least half a dozen cars recently changing hands for six figures, with more mileage (all 3.2L cars, I believe). (E.g., http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...NA21625S000223 ; http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...=1#post1898532)

To many, the '97-'01 cars will be/already are the most desirable NSXes, as they combine the aforementioned bigger 3.2L motor, with the 6-speeder, and myriad other improvements, with the old-school pop-up headlights, and original overall aesthetic. Basically they're the same car, mechanically, as the 2002-2005 run-out cars, but they look much better (IMO). Others will insist the newest frog-eyed cars are the best, while yet others won't buy anything but the early cars. I happen to love them all.

Best of luck with sale. Nice looking car.

I thought that was a little low when I was told what we were asking for it but this is not particularly my forte.
Our loss is someone else's gain I suppose..

Thanks to all for the positive comments
Old 08-22-2016, 09:04 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Gosh......if it was only in Silverstone and a non targa i'd be in. My 97 T twisted and shuttered like the factory missed some spot welds in chassis over bumps with top off.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Not an unreasonable ask for a '97 with these miles, very nice looking car.

Targa vs. coupe debate depends on who you ask, really. The coupe was special order for the USA but hardly anybody ordered it, so clearly people like an open-top experience.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:40 PM
mkd944
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by agent325
Took the guy some time, but he eventually sold the car for around 43. Yes, crazy how the tide has changed.
71 is the new 43
Old 08-23-2016, 10:32 PM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mkd944
71 is the new 43
Sure is...
Old 08-23-2016, 10:52 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey
Not an unreasonable ask for a '97 with these miles, very nice looking car. Targa vs. coupe debate depends on who you ask, really. The coupe was special order for the USA but hardly anybody ordered it, so clearly people like an open-top experience.
They cancelled the car because hardly any dealers could sell them. It was very niche because at the end of the run the car was still not making any more HP and had the same interior that it debuted with. So there was no reason (similar to Miata recently) to "upgrade" to a newer car.

Last years of NSX even the mags would write about the car being killed off as early as 2002 when it was obvious Honda no longer cared to develop the car.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:53 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tiffani Amber Thiessen + NSX.. Sorry no picture from the phone app
Old 08-24-2016, 07:58 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 231 Posts

Not to get into a debate here however, the hard top coupes between 97-01 are VERY RARE. You have 51 Zanardi's in 99 that are very hard to find and command premiums and I believe only 19 coupes produced in those years.

http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

Also, you see 02-05 cars of CERTAIN colors commanding premiums over the $100k mark as they are low production colors or numbers. Eg. Imola Orange Pearl and White.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:59 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
They cancelled the car because hardly any dealers could sell them. It was very niche because at the end of the run the car was still not making any more HP and had the same interior that it debuted with. So there was no reason (similar to Miata recently) to "upgrade" to a newer car.

Last years of NSX even the mags would write about the car being killed off as early as 2002 when it was obvious Honda no longer cared to develop the car.
I'm sorry, but how is any of this relevant to the used prices in 2016?

That "niche" demand is very clearly there now, and $71k is a steal for this car in the current market if everything is as advertised.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:53 PM
williamr91
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still love these cars, I envy the service pricing, if I read it right, man now I know why Honda's are so popular. I think I spend more on parts for a DIY job ha. 70k though these have doubled in value it seems, glws
Old 08-25-2016, 01:57 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by manimal
I'm sorry, but how is any of this relevant to the used prices in 2016? That "niche" demand is very clearly there now, and $71k is a steal for this car in the current market if everything is as advertised.
I own one so it's not like I am talking out of turn. He was implying there was some kind of scarcity to the car in the last few model years and the reality was nobody felt like paying 92k for it since it had not been updated.

They are VERY engaging and special cars to drive. I love mine. But the Zanardi cars are the only real "rare" or hard to get (outside of the Type R from Japan).

the last 4 years the factory could not get anyone to buy them and that's why they only sold 1000 or so in the last few years.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:11 AM
agent325
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I own one so it's not like I am talking out of turn. He was implying there was some kind of scarcity to the car in the last few model years and the reality was nobody felt like paying 92k for it since it had not been updated. They are VERY engaging and special cars to drive. I love mine. But the Zanardi cars are the only real "rare" or hard to get (outside of the Type R from Japan). the last 4 years the factory could not get anyone to buy them and that's why they only sold 1000 or so in the last few years.
Just curious, how much back of MSRP were they selling for in the early to mid 2000s?
Old 08-25-2016, 03:46 AM
jdjones2010
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KrazyKemo
Any idea what the market is for the zanardi cars are if these are going for 70k now?
Man, i've just Never understood the appeal of these cars much less the Price of them! Of vehicles in the 70k range this one wouldn't even make my top 20. But, apparently they have quite a following. GLWS
Old 08-25-2016, 08:15 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jdjones2010
Man, i've just Never understood the appeal of these cars much less the Price of them! Of vehicles in the 70k range this one wouldn't even make my top 20. But, apparently they have quite a following. GLWS
Have you ever driven an E30 M3? They're buzzy, slow and ride descent. I've never really understood the cult following but it exists. On the other hand I love early Fiat 500's which have 12hp. To each his own.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 1997 Acura NSX MT