Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1986 Porsche 911 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 10:54 PM
Ken Schleh
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera

Year: 1986
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 22505
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $15000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

Car that has been in my family for almost 30 years. I have been working to get the car fully finished but have ran out of time due to some new family additions. In the last year the car has received a new battery, new oil, new lower valve seals, new spark plugs, new fuel pump, new fuel injectors and some other odds and ends. The car still needs work but is in running condition. There is some body work that will need to be done but all the panels and pieces are in my possession. This is a great deal for somebody that is looking for a low Mileage (22505 original miles) 911 that is looking for a little bit of a project. Contact me if you are interested.
Attached Images           
Old 04-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

PM'd
Old 04-06-2016, 11:10 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, this should go fast
Old 04-06-2016, 11:41 PM
Franz993
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 33 Posts

Hmm, real ad?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:01 AM
mulsanne79
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1st post? Hmm..
Old 04-07-2016, 12:06 AM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Txt or call me, I'll take it. 9784302234
Old 04-07-2016, 09:24 AM
sliceolator
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Schleh
Contact me if you are interested.
I'll take it, PM me a number to reach you or email to ask a few questions.

Thanks,
Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 AM
Ken Schleh
4th Gear

I have received far more inquiries than I had anticipated over the last 12 hours (16 in total). I figured I would put a compiled list of information together to send out to each person with the back story on the car as well as additional information on its current condition.

Current location: The car is currently located inside a garage, near Richmond Virginia in the “Wyndham” area.

Back Story:
The car was originally purchased and titled in a suburb of Detroit, Michigan. Sometime in 1990 the owner of the car was operating the vehicle in the rain, lost control of the rear end and ended up throwing the back of the car into a dirt ditch. This caused damage to the rear of the car but no mechanical damage. The owner did not have insurance on the car for whatever reason so after the accident the bank (First of America) that held the note on the car repossessed the car. At the time my father was the VP of Commercial Loans for First of America and found out about the car through work. Utilizing a friend of ours that owns a VW repair shop over by Grand Rapids the car was purchased from the bank and then transferred to my father.

The car was originally taken to a friend of the family, John, who at that time owned all of the American Transmission locations throughout the North East. John was an avid Porsche collector and general car collector and was going to aid my father in restoring the car. During the restoration some kind of fight occurred and next thing I knew the car was parked in the garage at my parents’ home in Northville, MI. At the time that car was brought home it was fully operational and the only repairs that remained were some minor electrical issues and some body work.

Unfortunately, during this same time period my parents both switched careers and started their own business. This put the Porsche, my dad’s Muscle car and our boat into storage. Since that time frame the boat has been sold, the Muscle car has been completely restored and the Porsche stayed in the garage from approximately 1991 till I took the car to Virginia in the Fall of 2013. Since I received the car I have been working on the car occasionally with one of my Mechanic friends and have gotten the car running again but there are still issues that remain.

Current Condition:
1. Operationally the car will start up, run and is drivable. The interior is in excellent condition and all the windows, switches and sunroof are operations (minus the driver side window, more below)
2. The car is currently burning oil. My mechanic and I were going to work on changing out the lower valve seals as we believe they have gone bad and it is effectively pushing oil right into the exhaust manifold. We have checked the compression on each cylinder and don’t believe it is rings.
3. Fuel pump relay – I am currently bypassing the fuel relay to get the fuel pump to run. The fuel pump has been replaced as well as the relay under the seat but there still seems to be an issue. I have done research on Rennlist and it may just be a grounding issue as some of the body grounds are removed due to other repairs being made.
4. Driver side window – I currently have the driver side door panel removed as I was working on replacing the window motor and mechanical assembly. I have all the pieces just haven’t had time to work on it.
5. Radio Trim & Whale tail – The car was sitting on a car hauler at the American Transmission shop and the Whale Tail was stolen off the deck lid, in addition someone attempted to steal the radio damaging the trim that goes around the radio. I was going to plan on taking the trim piece out of the car and getting it repaired by a local interior repair place. I never confirmed that the Whale Tail was an original piece of the car, I do have the grill for the back decklid and the radiator.
6. Body – The hood, front quarter panels, roof panel and doors are all in excellent condition. Other than needing to be detailed and having some minor dents popped out it looks great. As stated above the car was in an accident involving the back of the car, the rear decklid has been replaced and would need to be painted. The rear left and rear right quarter panels were damaged during the accident. Some work was performed back in the 90’s to bump these panels back out to prepare them for paint, this work was not completed and would need to be done prior to painting the rear quarters. I do have the bumper and side panels for the bumper, there is some scratches on the bumper that would need to be filled, sanded and painted.
7. Wheels and Tires – The wheels are like new and the tires are original… the tires are dry rotted and would need to be replaced.

I think that pretty much covers everything I can think of. This is a great deal but still needs some love and care. I figured it would be a great buy for pretty much anybody whether you are looking to fix it up and sell it, fix it up and drive it or gut it and track it. Let me know if you are still interested in the car.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 04-07-2016, 09:46 AM
lilrichard
8th Gear

Ken - need contact info...
Old 04-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Ken Schleh
4th Gear

PM me for contact information.

Originally Posted by lilrichard
Ken - need contact info...
Old 04-07-2016, 10:24 AM
lilrichard
8th Gear

Clearly I am clueless... because I don't see an option for PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Ken Schleh
4th Gear

I am going to close the thread, I have received 40 messages in regards to the car in less than 12 hours. Don't worry, the car is very much real and is sitting in my garage. I just need to collect my thoughts and then I will start contacting individuals who have messaged me. lilrichard I will contact you via PM, rennlist will let you know when you have a message. Thanks for everybody's interest, I will be in contact soon.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera