Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 - PCCBs, LWBs, $115k msrp

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 11:18 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman S
Mileage (numbers only please): 30
Color: Racing Yellow
Price (no $ sign please): $125000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
i have to say, the dealers that say they are providing a "service" to the porsche (or any) market are full of sh*t. they are buying available cars - some through direct owner/public acquisition - slapping a premium on it and reselling 'as is'. when you have a hot market, like the porsche market, the dealers can grab available cars for sale publicly (not auction cars, private sale, etc.) before an enthusiast can get to them and toss it into their inventory. now, when the market was crazy hot, most were doing this, slapping a huge premium on it and hoping the market would come to them. it's just tough when a limited amount of a certain car are available and dealers/flippers grab them, raise the price and turn them in a day and proclaim they are providing a "service". thanks, but i'd rather buy from the owner myself if you don't mind!
Owners 'flip' cars too, they're just less honest about it. Check out the Ferrari 360 for sale thread.

We were offered this car by a dealer, we didn't sneak in and snake it from anyone. We buy good cars that are offered to us, mostly from our existing clients, and seek to get fair market value for them. On used ones we also service them, sometimes extensively, to make sure they are in top mechanical order.
Whether or not the market will withstand the current prices on the GT4, or 991 GT3 RS (which every opportunist Porsche owner is flipping for a profit), or 6spd manual Ferraris, the market will determine. This moral discussion seems to only come about in a strong market.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:28 AM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Switchcars

I have to jump in here. I have bought and sold over 50 cars so far so a little bit of experience. Not sure why people are trying to berate this dealer.

I have done four transactions with Doug from Switchcars and I can honestly say that they wre the best car transactions I have ever done. Doug is a great guy and he makes everything easy. Not sure about you guys but I am happy to pay a premium for great service, peace of mind and honesty.

Before you make a comment, why not speak to Doug and see if he might be able to help you with what you are buying and/or selling. I think you will be surprised.

Just my $.02.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:43 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 675 Likes on 325 Posts

I have been at this "hobby" for some 30 plus years and bought and sold a bunch of cars over those years I never understood the feeling that "flipping" a car is a bad thing no one has ever put a gun to my head to buy a car in fact I remember one paint to sample SC I bought years ago that the "flipper" found in a garage and sold to me definitely at a premium as I also saw the original ad but I still wanted the car at his flip price so I put down my money and on we went.
I also know I have bought cars at what I thought was a great price and missed the market and lost on my sale don't think anyone was judging my flip that time.
Guess I love the capitalist market to much "What a willing Buyer will pay" is the bottom line no matter where the seller got the car or for how much.
Rich
Old 03-24-2016, 12:37 PM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 95 Posts

Although I've never bought or sold a car to Doug, I have spoken with him on numerous occasions either about a car he was selling or a car that I was interested in and just needed some insight. Doug was always very helpful and provided great insight when he had no skin in the game. Thru and thru he is an enthusiast and not your typical dealer. But as a dealership, he is in the business of making $$. Otherwise known as capitalism and is the reason America is the way it is.

You sell a service or a product, no different than anyone selling widgets on ebay or any of the reality tv shows buying low and selling high (aka market value)...

GLWS Doug.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Its_Lobelt
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I find it hilarious when people get butthurt about the asking price of a certain item. If you're not buying move on instead of voicing your pointless opinion.

Anyway OP GLWS. What a beautiful car you have there.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:03 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_325i
I find it hilarious when people get butthurt about the asking price of a certain item. If you're not buying move on instead of voicing your pointless opinion.

So much this.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:15 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
These are always my favorite "Posting here for RL members first.". Like this is a favor to us.
Half your posts are in this forum commenting on over MSRP prices. Glad you're here to save us money!
Old 03-24-2016, 02:22 PM
981youhana
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

offers buy cars!!
Old 03-24-2016, 02:51 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_325i

People are free to voice their opinion pointless or not. That is the reason we live in a free country isn't it?
I'll say it again it is up to sellers to take into account or mostly ignore negative comments.
Having said that GLWS Doug. This is a nice build.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by ried
Then why isn't this tagged as "Dealer Inventory" in the forum?
I have the same question
Old 03-24-2016, 04:26 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 981youhana
offers buy cars!!
This.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:04 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 804 Likes on 369 Posts

Jebessus, that car is hot in yellow!

But there's so much inequality here, it's only fair that you offer this car for less than you paid.

#occupyrennlist
Old 03-25-2016, 11:36 AM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jamie140

But there's so much inequality here, it's only fair that you offer this car for less than you paid.

#occupyrennlist
I laughed my head off reading this. Thank you.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:16 PM
phily911
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome car.

I would love to see some of you try to sell your cars for less than you think you should get. Its their car, their business. I have no issue even if they bought it today and tried to sell it for twice as much.

Too many stupid people in this world...

Good luck!
Old 03-25-2016, 12:34 PM
rey
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow that car is smoking hot. Want a clean 996 in trade

Quick Reply: 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 - PCCBs, LWBs, $115k msrp