Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Porsche 911 2005 Turbo S-Price Reduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:02 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year: 2005
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 35000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AB29945S685305
Price (no $ sign please): $64750
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

993 was end of air cooled so prob not but they are a good value.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:02 PM
SirChonkyFire
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't take the I can buy a 997 Turbo for a little more so I'll give you 55k bucks...if you look at what has happened to all the other limited run 996 cars, GT2 &3, have done the Turbo S is still a killer deal. Aroud half of the coupes they sold were stick so that's 300 cars world wide, and I know lots of people say the S is just a X50 with PCCBs which is half true, but the S was hand built as the line had already been retooled for the 997 and they also sent them out with the GT2 tune on them, that's why they ran faster times than a x50. They made 1200 or so X50 cars with less than 20% having PCCBs, and gen 1 unlike the 2 on the S, so that's another 250 cars that are "the same" as some people on here claim, so there are less than 600 manual S or X50 PCCB cars out there, half of how many GT2s there are. I know they will never be priced like the GT cars, but for a clean 35k car I wouldn't let it go for less than 60k and I'll bet you that if you wait until July you will get 65k for it, unless the economy stalls out.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:09 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@sirchonky

appreciate the details you've provided and your analysis. i actually learned alot from it so thanks for taking the time

i guess it really just comes down to the individual buyer.

as a casual driver i am just looking for a great car that will be fun to drive and my son and I can enjoy together.

i can appreciate to others this is seen as somewhat rare and should command a small premium above the 996T.

But i'm not a track guy so the PCCBs aren't worth a premium to me. and like many i prefer the more classic front end and interior of a 997 to the 996. Not a huge deal, they are all beautiful cars, but a slight preference. I also think i read That the base 997 has 470 hp i believe vs. the ~415 in a 996 turbo (~450 For the Ts/x50?). And i believe the suspension and smaller things like the headunit, lighting, etc. is generally better in the 997. So again, as a complete layman, i see this as an opportunity to get a near 997T car but can put a few more dollars to my kids college account and still have a great car. I'd never notice some of the nuances you mentionned but i am glad you shared them. Maybe i am not the right customer? Maybe I am? I assume the seller can decide.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:20 PM
SirChonkyFire
Intermediate

I'd go drive both, the PCCB make a huge difference on the street too as they cut the unsprung weight by half making the car feel much lighter and more nimble than a steel brake car. If your read up on the 997.1 Turbos, many complained the suspension was unbalanced, which wasn't fixed until the 7.2s, and there engine selves also were installed using a different and cheaper method making them have a much higher failure rate. The 996 also has the last interior that has any semblance to the air cooled cars and the 997 looks like all the other new Porsches, which isn't bad, but I think in the long run a well optioned 996 interior will be more desirable. It's your call at the end of the day, but the S versions were putting closer to 470 hp with the GT2 tune they were given. When I was looking at both cars I didn't see why I'd pay 80 grand for a 997TT that they made 10k plus manual cars with out PCCB when I could get a much rarer, and much more analog car for 15-25 thousand less, but I also liked how they drove and looked better so at the end of the day go with the one that makes you happy as either one will be fun and a good investment, as far as cars go.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Cschraft0609
AutoX

Hi Rennlist gang. just a post to say the car has sold. thanks for all the inquiries and interest....and for spreading the word to friends and other enthusiasts.
best,

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 2005 Turbo S-Price Reduction