Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2016 Cayman GT4 - Just Arrived! Full Bucket Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016 | 04:14 PM
mongolikecandy
Instructor

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 13
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Carrera White Metallic
VIN: WP0AC2A82GK191351
Price (no $ sign please): $121300
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I'm new, so im sure i'll get flamed for this, but...man, this was some rough treatment. I think it's ok to post commentary on pricing, but a lot of these seemed like attacks. rennlist should be a civil place where people can share their opinions (on price or whatever) without it getting ugly. just my .02!
Old 02-19-2016 | 04:24 PM
TTKan
Pro

You can stick to your principles about not paying above MSRP or you can obtain a GT4, but at the present time I do not think you can do both!
Old 02-19-2016 | 05:21 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Originally Posted by TTKan
You can stick to your principles about not paying above MSRP or you can obtain a GT4, but at the present time I do not think you can do both!
Sure you can. Mine gets here next week.

Unless I keep the GT3 instead. . .
Old 02-19-2016 | 09:54 PM
SGS
Instructor

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Sorry, I'm a bit ignorant of the process, since I've never ordered a high demand limited allocation car before in my life.

So, JD is being excoriated for not calling buyers 5, 6 and 7, using your example, and telling each buyer, in order, that they can buy this GT4 at MSRP, assuming there are/were others on JD's list and JD sold their other allocations at MSRP too?
yeah, that's one (imho sufficient) reason
Old 02-19-2016 | 10:44 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

I don't get it? How come noone is pissing all over this? Isn't this the perfect forum where many cars get bought and sold over MSRP? Why give such a hard time to the new guy when many folks have been doing the same crap for years...

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...w-buckets.html
Old 02-19-2016 | 11:23 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

What a stupid thread
Old 02-20-2016 | 12:24 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

As always, People must be too lazy to do the leg work. There are open allocations for GT4's at MSRP. PM for info..

PS. The dealer is getting a little stick, he'll be ok. He came into enemy territory and told us it was for sale at MSRP but is now asking a premium at 20K over. I think I would have left that part out Is it the first car to be sold here above MSRP? Nope. We all understand the situation and yet for some of us it will always irritate. And you know what? That's a good sign in my book. There are ways to word these ads and a way to have a better bedside manner when asking for premiums above MSRP when you know it's touchy. John from North Houston get's it..

Mj
Old 02-20-2016 | 12:24 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

He is ASKING $20K over; it doesn't mean he wouldn't sell it for $10K (or less) over...

Originally Posted by milaadf
Guys and gals, you are the consumer and have power in numbers. Instead of getting upset start leaving your opinions and reviews on sites like BBB, Yelp, DMV complaint, Porsche North America, your local state/city representatives and then you'll start affecting their business to the point that they won't justify the "market adjustment" every time you ask them about their advertised price. I don't blame the dealer nor the consumer but giving the guy a hard time on here won't do anything but make it harder to do his job so that he can put food on his table. You need to get reform done or at least affect the owners pocket and then you will get change.
What's worse is when you have a signed purchase order, $10K deposit down, and the dealer sells the car out from under you after you inquire about the delivery status... for $10K more.

This happened to me - I was trying to figure out if I could take delivery and still make it to RRV. Turns out I was NEVER going to get the car. The dealership was pissed my spec wasn't $20K in options and decided to flip it (to another Rennlister who filled me in on the shenanigans from his side, natch).

Caveat emptor, indeed.
Old 02-20-2016 | 12:39 PM
THEMuz
4th Gear

I guess I'll toss in my two cents about the topic...

I feel that branded dealers are official representatives of the manufacturer and should be held to the standard of what that manufacturer says with regards to MSRP. They are required to do service to the manufacturer standard, are they not?

If this sale was a private party or a used vehicle, I wouldn't care what they ask. The market will dictate what they can get. But as a representative of the manufacture for a new vehicle, I think they should be held to the manufacturer's standards.

Sorry, just my two cents.
Old 02-20-2016 | 01:27 PM
ried
Racer

Originally Posted by THEMuz
I feel that branded dealers are official representatives of the manufacturer and should be held to the standard of what that manufacturer says with regards to MSRP.
Agreed. Greedy "brand ambassadors" making Porsche look sleazy.
Old 02-20-2016 | 02:48 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
He is ASKING $20K over; it doesn't mean he wouldn't sell it for $10K (or less) over...

What's worse is when you have a signed purchase order, $10K deposit down, and the dealer sells the car out from under you after you inquire about the delivery status... for $10K more.

This happened to me - I was trying to figure out if I could take delivery and still make it to RRV. Turns out I was NEVER going to get the car. The dealership was pissed my spec wasn't $20K in options and decided to flip it (to another Rennlister who filled me in on the shenanigans from his side, natch).

Caveat emptor, indeed.
This is true, make an offer right? Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Stand up dealers and sales guys are worth their weight in gold..
Old 02-20-2016 | 02:54 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by THEMuz
I guess I'll toss in my two cents about the topic...

I feel that branded dealers are official representatives of the manufacturer and should be held to the standard of what that manufacturer says with regards to MSRP. They are required to do service to the manufacturer standard, are they not?

If this sale was a private party or a used vehicle, I wouldn't care what they ask. The market will dictate what they can get. But as a representative of the manufacture for a new vehicle, I think they should be held to the manufacturer's standards.

Sorry, just my two cents.
Manufacturers allow dealers to sell their cars for less than, equal to or more than MSRP. That's not what this salesperson and dealership are being pummeled for. JD Porsche is being hammered for not selling to next buyer in line for MSRP, assuming there was another buyer in line and that all their allocations were sold at MSRP.

MSRP is a "suggested price." Dealers sell most of their cars below MSRP, but that's OK?
Old 02-20-2016 | 03:13 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RodKnock
assuming there was another buyer in line and that all their allocations were sold at MSRP.
Right, we don't even know if that's the case
Old 02-20-2016 | 07:16 PM
Jerry991
Pro

You are correct when you say that dealers can sell the cars for whatever price they wish to however, and this is a big however, the manufacturer still has discretion with respect to allocation of vehicles. Manufacturers often allocate cars based upon customer satisfaction and that is why you receive a survey after your car is serviced and the service department asks if you are completely satisfied with your service experience. Porsche often covers repairs outside of warranty for the purpose of customer satisfaction and loyalty. Dealers that build new facitilites are assured that they will be allocated more cars as a result of doing so. I would reasonably assume that dealers are expected to act in a manner that furthers the Porsche brand name and if they do something that they view as detracting from the brand it could be expected that there could be consequences such as reduction in allocations including high demand cars such as GT4s. I have no idea if this type of dealer practice is something frowned upon by Porsche. I do know of at least 6 GT4s that were bought by members of my local Porsche club and not one paid over MSRP for their car.
Old 02-21-2016 | 01:03 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
This is true, make an offer right? Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Stand up dealers and sales guys are worth their weight in gold..
What's worse is that I contacted PCNA, PCA, etc. and none of them gave a ****. They said, "Too bad, so sad...".

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2016 Cayman GT4 - Just Arrived! Full Bucket Seats!