Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1995 993 Carrera Coupe - Long Term Ownership, Original Paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 67265
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Guards Red
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

Originally Posted by larry993
Please let me know what you are willing to take for your car.

Thanks

Larry

Replied.

Also, below is an image of the 17" OEM "Cup 2" wheels available for the 993:

...and a period image of this Carrera Coupe with its original wheels fitted for reference:

Old 02-03-2016, 10:24 PM
TJsBeer
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Is this the market price for a 1995 993 with 67K miles?
Yep, pretty much.
Maybe a bit less, but still in the 50s
Old 02-03-2016, 10:53 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

yes op's writing is pretty hilarious ... but i spoke to him several times about the car and he is a decent guy for sure

i am surprised that this car still hasn't sold yet... i made quite a good offer, pretty close to his ask before the holidays but evidently owner is stuck on his number...
Old 02-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M. Schneider
Too funny! WTF... who writes like this? LOL. The seller's 993 coupe description text is right out of a Seinfeld TV Citcom. There's an episode that comes to mind were co-star Elaine takes a job where her boss uses Patagonia catalog like speak in everyday circumstances. Too funny.

Forget that the seller's text highlights just how "original" the coupe is, then rotates a 180* when it comes to the glaring aftermarket wheels....

Wow.... impressive photo collage over on SCD ... impressive. At the end of the day 20 year old cars all require attention. Bring money.

Adios -

"J Peterman"

Old 02-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Peterman: Then in the distance I heard the bulls. I began running as fast as I could. Fortunately I was wearing my Italian Captoe Oxfords. Sophisticated yet different; nothing to make a huge fuss about. Rich dark brown calfskin leather. Matching leather vent. Men's whole and half sizes 7 through 13. Price $135.00.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

You guys are too much!

I apologize for the text in the advertisement, I didn't realize how offensive it was! With that said, much of it was lifted from our piece on Sports Car Digest for readers that may not be as familiar with the cars as members are here, and frankly, didn't feel the need to rewrite an entire piece that was Rennlist-worthy.

The car is still available and while the owner does not appear to be highly motivated, he seems fair and open to offers. If I was in the position, this car wouldn't be available!
Old 02-05-2016, 08:24 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor Ely
The car is still available and while the owner does not appear to be highly motivated, he seems fair and open to offers. If I was in the position, this car wouldn't be available!
Seriously interested parties can feel free to PM me for my experience dealing with the owner of this car thru Trevor.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry, just being an @ss. Well done with the ad. Car looks quite nice. Best of luck. (Disclaimer: 993 owner, so bias present)
Old 02-07-2016, 01:31 PM
tpd83911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Trevor recently facilitated sale of my 996 GT3 for west coast buyer. I had never met him but the purchaser new and trusted him. Trevor is super knowledgeable, straight forward guy. These cars always need 3rd party PPI in my opinion but a lead to a great car is always an excellent starting point.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:54 AM
godxilla
Advanced

If the car is still available, im interested. please let me know.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2016, 09:48 PM
hman_jeh
7th Gear

Trevor - I'm interested if still available. Can you please PM me with your phone number so we can connect?
Old 03-02-2016, 10:09 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Seinfeld citcom, character Peterman speak ...

+1 ... HILARIOUS ....
I'd luv to be a fly on the wall of the writer's studio ..... hilarious. Thanx.

Originally Posted by Sam N
Peterman: Then in the distance I heard the bulls. I began running as fast as I could. Fortunately I was wearing my Italian Captoe Oxfords. Sophisticated yet different; nothing to make a huge fuss about. Rich dark brown calfskin leather. Matching leather vent. Men's whole and half sizes 7 through 13. Price $135.00.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:25 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor Ely
We currently have a 1995 Carrera Coupe offered from one of our readers that I figured may be of interest to Rennlist members. Information below:[*]Matching-numbers with long-term, southern ownership[*]Front bumper cover refinished, all other panels show completely original paint[*]Fastidiously maintained and very well documented[*]Highly original and unmolested example of desirable 1995 model-year[*]Offered at $58,000 USD This 1995 Carrera Coupe was completed on Tuesday, May 17th 1994 at Porsche’s Zuffenhausen plant in Stuttgart, Germany. This desirable 1995 model-year 911 was ordered with a sensible equipment level, lacking some of the unusual equipment and combinations offered at the time. Dressed in the classic Guards Red exterior color, the interior contrasted with a Cashmere beige, “Supple leather” seating upholstery. Showing impressively today, this 993 has lived its life in the south since new and is said to wear nearly every square inch of its original, single-stage paint, with only the front bumper being refinished for reasons of normal wear and tear. Now protected with 3M Invisible bra, many of its vulnerable areas are now protected. The condition of the Cashmere beige interior corresponds with the rest of the car, showing hardly any signs of wear. Leather upholstery soft and pliable, carpeted upholstery clean and tight fitting, this 911 even still utilizes its original, Porsche “CR-1” radio that’s so often ditched in favor of aftermarket varieties. Mechanically, this Carrera coupe has enjoyed a life of continuous attention with a practice of preventative maintenance since its owner first acquired it. With extensive documentation dating back to day one, there are no mysteries with this 993. Maintenance records reveal a steady string of mileage, leaving no blank spots or signs of a broken odometer that’s gone unprepared. Remaining remarkably original throughout its life, only the wheels and tires have been replaced with the lightweight, forged BBS RE 18″ wheels it’s fitted with today. (Note: Sports Car Digest currently has a set of correct, original Porsche “Cup 2″ 17” wheels available for purchase, should buyers be interested in making the car 100% aesthetically correct). 1995 Porsche Carrera Coupe Chassis: WP0AA2997SS321183 Engine: 64R02119 Transaxle: 1001670 Mileage showing: 67,265 miles The sale of this 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera coupe includes the following:[*]Porsche Certificate of Authenticity[*]Documentation with maintenance records and receipts[*]Clean CarFax vehicle history report[*]Porsche tire compressor[*]Original tool kit[*]Owner’s manual and maintenance book[*]Original brochures, period magazines and other Porsche paraphernalia[*]Clean North Carolina title Our Sports Car Digest private collection currently includes a 1995 Carrera Coupe, and like many, we enjoy its same first-year-only characteristics that include a lack of frustrating anti-theft immobilizer and none of the troublesome emissions equipment that would plague models after 1995. With opportunities to purchase low mileage, original 993s with a rich, documented history becoming increasingly difficult, this Carrera is a rare opportunity to own one of these cars that’s been carefully preserved over the past 20 years. Even more special is purchasing an automobile that’s been under the care and attention of someone like this seller. This 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe is offered privately at $58,000 USD. It is available for immediate inspection at its home in Western North Carolina. For more questions or to schedule a viewing of this 993, please Click Here. As always, pre-purchase inspections are strongly encouraged. For more images and story on the seller, Click Here.
Is this car still for sale?
Old 07-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Trevor Ely
Instructor

Sold! Thanks for interest.

Quick Reply: 1995 993 Carrera Coupe - Long Term Ownership, Original Paint