Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2012 BMW 328i Touring M-Sport 6-speed RWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:20 PM
RallyeChris
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Year: 2012
Make: BMW
Model: 3-Series
Mileage (numbers only please): 39000
Color: Alpine White
VIN: WBAUT9C54CA189929
Price (no $ sign please): $30000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

I've reduced the price to best offer over $30K. I agree my original pricing was high, I have realized she may not be worth what I thought. That's OK. Still looking to sell. After cracking an inner barrel on the 964 at a recent track event, I really need to get myself a tow vehicle and trailer.

Feel free to PM or email me if you would like to come have a look.

Thank you for any interest, and any/all mocking posts are also appreciated.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:17 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyeChris
Another one that doesn't get it. If that is what concerns you, clearly this is not the vehicle for you. Thanks, again, for looking.
Looks like you were the one who didn't get it. Funny what a few months will do.

The way you composed yourself on here a few months ago when you were not only wildly incorrect about how over-priced your car was, but also were snarky and rude to those who offered you sage pricing guidance on top of it, will probably ensure no one buys your car here. Who wants to buy a car from someone like that?

Maybe it's time for eBay
Old 04-27-2016, 06:44 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, this is what Bob Rouleau said about these "pricing guidance" posts on another thread that deteriorated:

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Folks, I have done a major clean-up of this thread. Why some people seem to think they can wreck a legitimate for sale thread is beyond me. Want to buy it, make an offer. Don't want it, simply move on. Too many of our for sale threads are being polluted with the kind of nonsense I removed. Admins and mods will try and keep for sale threads clean.

Regards,
No "pricing guidance" is needed, per Bob, and then the OP wouldn't have had to be snarky. Cause and effect.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Cream
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Looks like you were the one who didn't get it. Funny what a few months will do.

The way you composed yourself on here a few months ago when you were not only wildly incorrect about how over-priced your car was, but also were snarky and rude to those who offered you sage pricing guidance on top of it, will probably ensure no one buys your car here. Who wants to buy a car from someone like that?

Maybe it's time for eBay
It's still at least $10k overpriced. maybe he will listen this time, instead of being an @ss about it
Old 04-27-2016, 07:24 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RodKnock
Well, this is what Bob Rouleau said about these "pricing guidance" posts on another thread that deteriorated:

No "pricing guidance" is needed, per Bob, and then the OP wouldn't have had to be snarky. Cause and effect.
Pricing a car so high as to show the world you have your head where the sun never shines is equally as offensive as those who $hit all over a For Sale thread. Then we have to see some assclown waste bandwith and bump it over and over for a car that was never priced to move. Sage advice isn't "mess" and apparently sometimes the clueless need guidance

Price it right, and no one will say anything.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:53 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Pricing a car so high as to show the world you have your head where the sun never shines is equally as offensive as those who $hit all over a For Sale thread. Then we have to see some assclown waste bandwith and bump it over and over for a car that was never priced to move. Sage advice isn't "mess" and apparently sometimes the clueless need guidance

Price it right, and no one will say anything.
I like you Goof, at least your smart and have class, but as Bob said, "Want to buy it, make an offer. Don't want it, simply move on."

What's wrong with simply sitting at your computer and rolling your eyes, when you feel someone's price is too high? Why do "we" feel the need to correct the seller's interpretation of market value? Unless the seller is a dealer, more often than not, they'll get defensive and become snarky. This is not new news. This is not a "sage advice" column. Dear Abby/her replacement is where to go for that kind of nonsense.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RodKnock
I like you Goof, at least your smart and have class, but as Bob said, "Want to buy it, make an offer. Don't want it, simply move on."

What's wrong with simply sitting at your computer and rolling your eyes, when you feel someone's price is too high? Why do "we" feel the need to correct the seller's interpretation of market value? Unless the seller is a dealer, more often than not, they'll get defensive and become snarky. This is not new news. This is not a "sage advice" column. Dear Abby/her replacement is where to go for that kind of nonsense.
Too bad Rennlist doesn't follow Pelican and not allow comments in the For Sale section.

Until they do, looks like the peanut gallery will always have their say around here. Sometimes it's even entertaining
Old 04-27-2016, 09:33 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

I wish the seller good luck in selling his car.

Many of us were trying to provide some pricing advice 5 months ago. And our advice was dead on.

BTW, pricing guides are usually good tools in setting pricing for most cars. One data point to consider.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:50 PM
juntsky
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

still priced to sit. Not sure where you're getting your price from, but I've seen multiple 328 wagons sit for months at $10k. Granted higher mileage examples, but the sad truth is cars like these do not hold value. Good luck selling, but from what I've seen, I'm not sure you'll field an offer over 15-17k.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:34 PM
INTMD8
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 143 Posts

It's worth more than that IMO ^^^ Rare spec, good miles. I would do 22k on it but I suspect the owner would not be willing to drop 8k off the ask.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:06 PM
cmd4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rare and sweet ride for sure…but at 30k i'd be considering a 5 series wagon or ultra low mileage b7 s4 avant with a third pedal! No dog in fight and GLWS…nothing better than a grocery getter with a third pedal!
Old 04-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

That car is depreciating monthly. You probably lost a grand already since you first listed it. GLWS
Old 04-28-2016, 12:16 PM
Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

If all those who 'should' learn a lesson actually did, the world would solve most of its problems. Self healing!

Congrats to the seller for your public admission of such (brave soul!) and hey, there's no looking back on what 'coulda shoulda'.

Personally, I love the car, the spec and your care is obvious. I actually am in the hunt for a sporty wagon, Audis and BMWs at top of that list. Am currently comparing, but not many as nicely and enthusiastically maintained.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:05 PM
BReif61
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
It's worth more than that IMO ^^^ Rare spec, good miles. I would do 22k on it but I suspect the owner would not be willing to drop 8k off the ask.
I am right there with you on this. Said as much on the first page all those months ago, even.

See, we've established the market in the low-mid $20's
Old 07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
RallyeChris
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

On ebay.

Item #191915830958

Quick Reply: 2012 BMW 328i Touring M-Sport 6-speed RWD