Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015 | 06:48 PM
LexVan
Banned

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: Race Cars
Mileage (numbers only please): 9
Color: GT Silver Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $308000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by Hothonda
For $20/yr (or whatever token cost for vendors) you get your own used car lot here on Rennlist.
John, the seller, pays about $650/month, out of his own pocket, to advertise here. FYI.
Old 10-10-2015 | 06:49 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Our local dealer sold every one of their GT4's and GT3RS' at MSRP to PCA members of the local region
And you know this how?
Old 10-10-2015 | 06:56 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LexVan
John, the seller, pays about $650/month, out of his own pocket, to advertise here. FYI.
Thanks Lex I was just about to state that.. I pay to be abused Wait, what!?

Last edited by PorscheJake; 10-10-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2015 | 07:02 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

The real problem here is that Porsche is leaving money on the table. If they built a car for everyone that wanted one at 200k then they would make more, and the markup would be completely gone.

So my question is this: why doesn't Porsche want this money?
Old 10-10-2015 | 07:03 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
With all due respect, and I really mean to try and be as respectful as possible here, a Porsche dealer who sells new cars at $100K mark-ups, might also be the one who tells you a story that they purchased this from an individual, when actually was allocated, just so they could justify the outrageous gouging.

To many, price gouging and lying are just different sides of the same coin. One who easily engages in one, can probably easily engage in the other.

Not saying this is true or not, but personally I'd never believe a single word out of any dealers mouth who engages in other amoral behavior.

Respectfully, I wish you luck, but there's a good reason many here don't like your business practices.

Take care
As I stated above we paid a premium over list for this car to retain it so I don't understand how we are asking for a $100k profit..

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
I understand that PNH may be a great dealer, but when you follow the market, it's like the sheep being led to slaughter. Would the dealership not do well by taking a $25-30k profit?
Joining the sheep is just as bad as being stuck in traffic, seeing some wag pass all of the stopped traffic on the right shoulder and then watching everyone else follow the idiot who started it.
OB, your about spot on.. We paid more than list for the car.....................
Old 10-10-2015 | 07:05 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I know this is the internet, but we should all carry ourselves like gentleman and with respect for our fellow man.

Or another way of saying it... John is in Texas. In Texas you don't #1 bad mouth Texas #2 bad mouth/disrespect a Texans woman. #3 Call a Texan a cattle rustler #4 Bring a man's character into question by calling or alluding to him being a Liar.

Son all of these are not tolerated anywhere in Texas as a southern gentleman with a wife from Texas I know these rules to be true.

Seriously, I also have spoken over the last few months with John. He has shown himself to be a very knowledgable sales professional. Straight fwd and gave me a no BS number on my 997TT that was much more reasonable than another PP offer I had.. he was actually higher $$ and much easier for me to complete. Actually, it was we will send you x. no worries we will pick it up and take care of shipping. I thought wow I don't mess around, but these guys are smoking fast on getting something done! That's how they get cars. PPL w/o the time and efforts to mkt low demand/high dollar vehicles have an easy option.

This dealership was also very nice when I went in a few times with smiling faces and the sales mgr was making sure all the customers were being properly attended to by the sales ppl. Not that everyone needs defending, heck some deserve having their feet put to the fire, but not in this case or these cars.

I wish everyone a good day.
Thanks everyone for the support! I know I can't please everyone all of the time.
Old 10-10-2015 | 07:10 PM
GDI
Instructor

Originally Posted by snabbgt3
For clarification, that $265,000 offer is for a car advertised with "no options", no VIN yet, delivery "in January". If TRULY is spec'd with "no options", which would be unusually Spartan car (no lift, no head light upgrade, no fire extinguisher, no sound package, etc.) it would be at $175,900 to original buyer, not including gas guzzler tax and destination charge.

If asking price $265,000 that is $89,100 mark-up. Just saying. Also this for a VERY Spartan car, which may be great for some of us but for many others not as desirable. Obviously, options are very personal but I would prefer some of the options that this car is reportedly not ordered with.

Perhaps the poster in our RL Classifieds would allow an interested party to spec options WITH the option-associated cost added to the above advertised sale price ....
The poster said it was $75k over, but either way it may be out of PNH's target price range of $60k over. And that 3 month wait would kill me....
Old 10-10-2015 | 07:31 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by wisky
Fact of the matter is, half the people crying on this thread would not have the ***** to lay out $50k over MSRP on the GT3RS through a wire, sight unseen, without jerking the seller around, or begging their wives for approval
I agree NO ***** and they don't buy $hit !!
They don't have a life and there wife's problaly don't give them NO saying at home so they come here , also as you follow all this for sale threads you will find the same guys with NO ***** talking crap , get a freaking life please
Old 10-10-2015 | 07:34 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Opo
I agree NO ***** and they don't buy $hit !! They don't have a life and there wife's problaly don't give them NO saying at home so they come here , also as you follow all this for sale threads you will find the same guys with NO ***** talking crap , get a freaking life please
Exactly. Like they say in Texas. "All goof, no *****!". Or something like that.
Old 10-10-2015 | 07:44 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Looks like rennlist needs to raise their sponsor fees. If sellers can get those kind of profit margins they surely can afford to pay more.
Old 10-10-2015 | 09:14 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Regardless of what certain individuals think about mark ups, we live in a country that we are blessed to be able to make as much money as possible on a product or services. Or half of us wouldn't be able to buy homes, Porsches, etc. As you guys know most of us look forward to the cars John comes up with. I have never met him but I do the same thing he does. I appreciate the time and effort he puts into his photos and descriptions. Consistently the best in my mind. I wish you nothing but the BEST John. I hope you sell it for what the market is dictating on these cars. I personally know of 2 dealers that paid 130k over for the RS just to flip for 150k over. That was in the last 2 weeks. Profit is not a bad word. We all have a choice to buy or not to buy. But don't rain on someone's parade when they are trying to feed a family, pay a mortgage, etc. Porsche only comes out with Motorsport cars every 3 years or so. So it is usually feast or famine for us Porsche salesman. Because GOD knows when you want a Panamera, Cayenne, Cyaman or Carrera. We usually get beaten half to death and make $300 on a 100k car. Good luck John. And thank you to he guy who are supporting him! Have a blessed weekend.
Old 10-10-2015 | 10:45 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Originally Posted by GDI
The poster said it was $75k over, but either way it may be out of PNH's target price range of $60k over. And that 3 month wait would kill me....

The devil is in the details. I suspect the poster is adding his/her destination charge, gas guzzler tax, state and local state tax to figuring the base "MSRP" for calculating the "75K" mark-up. If so, the following calculation results:
MSRP $175,900
dest charge 995
gas guzzler tax 1,000
Total pre-tax $177,895

(state + local tax in Ventura Co is 7.5% but ranges up to 10.0% in some LA areas)
state + local tax (7.5%) $13,342
Total post-tax $191,237

Asking price $265,000
- $191,237
Mark-up $73,763

Unless we hear otherwise, it appears the poster is hoping for an approx. $75,000 mark-up over total expenses including tax, but is actually asking $89,100 above MSRP when you exclude all taxes and dest charge ... not too different mark-up compared to PNH's offer, which concerns a vehicle with a VIN that is presumably available for delivery NOW.

Although it remains possible that RS prices will fall as more cars will be delivered in the US, it is arguably no less possible that prices will remain significantly above MSRP and may actually appreciate for this "king-of-the-hill" Porsche track-savvy car. Perhaps the GT2/GT2RS will keep prices on the GT3RS from continuing to appreciate, although GT2/GT2RS not expected until 2018. The 918 is in a completely different price climate and IMO will not affect GT3RS prices.
Old 10-10-2015 | 11:04 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Odd that some people think it's ok for an individual to make a profit but not a business.
Nice car - wonder what it'll be worth in 5 years.
Old 10-10-2015 | 11:27 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

If I ever decide to sell one of my cars on Rennlist, my strategy will be to place the ad and then "close" it immediately. Then periodically reopen to bump it and then "close" again. Comments be damned. Haha
Old 10-11-2015 | 12:03 AM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

I don't think anyone here is saying not to make a profit. But imo a Porsche franchised dealer should be selling all cars at Msrp period. Private exotic dealers or private owners I have no problem with their markups. Their is a reason why many dealers such as Porsche of Melbourne Florida don't go above Msrp; they appreciate their customers and still make plenty of cash. That's where mine will be coming from.

Quick Reply: 2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles