Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1992 C2 Coupe Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year: 1992
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C2
Mileage (numbers only please): 67859
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Slate Grey Metallic
VIN: WP0AB2961NS420198
Price (no $ sign please): $47000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

They can easily claim they didn't know about the replacement bumper if it was painted to the correct paint depth.

When an item is for sale well under market value there is always someone there to capitalize.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 AM
Bluegrass9934S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In LuxSport's defense maybe they didn't know about the bumper damage, and does a replacement bumper and tail lense even count as body work? Don't we enthusiasts only care if the sheet metal is all original i.e. the fenders, rear bonet, hood and quarters? Bumpers can be repainted and that doesn't affect the originality of the car? Also if you pull the car fax it does show only one owner so maybe they didn't see the rennlist posting from the former owner? I am a firm believer that there are always two sides to every story......
Old 09-10-2015, 02:06 AM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 192 Likes on 123 Posts
Default FS: 1992 C2 Coupe Manual Transmission

I am assuming they read the listing that they responded to. And since they boasted about purchasing it from the original owner, one would think they would do their due diligence when discussing the car with them. Completely agree there are two sides to every story and this doesn't necessarily say these guys are 100% not to be trusted, but eventually enough questionable experiences (read thru Rennlist and Pelican) should make buyers even more cautious.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:33 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass9934S
In LuxSport's defense maybe they didn't know about the bumper damage, and does a replacement bumper and tail lense even count as body work? Don't we enthusiasts only care if the sheet metal is all original i.e. the fenders, rear bonet, hood and quarters? Bumpers can be repainted and that doesn't affect the originality of the car? Also if you pull the car fax it does show only one owner so maybe they didn't see the rennlist posting from the former owner? I am a firm believer that there are always two sides to every story......
Gimme a giant break and don't insult the most basic of intelligence here. A dealer buys a car that clearly states "used" on the title and purchase year. Surely that means "bought from original owner" to them. Oh, oh, they are so naive that they don't know what that means. I think they should return the car to the seller immediately and claim they were mislead.

Yes, there are two sides to every story. The truth on one side and lies and shilling on the other. I don't have a dog in this race, but fer god's sake...
Old 09-10-2015, 03:18 AM
Bluegrass9934S
Instructor

According to their website http://www.luxsport.com/1992-porsche...old=Available& it looks like they corrected the ad to state two owners, and the car came out of texas. Maybe they read this post. Looks like a nice car nonetheless hopefully it ends up back with one of the enthusiasts on this forum.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I could see giving these guys a break if this was the first time. Its not. Virtually every car description they post is littered with half truths, partial bs and total bs. Its not an accident. They have blamed it on the hired help, they have called it a mistake and yet its there on every single car they list.

There are dozens on threads on most of the Porsche forums I view all pointing out the underhanded business practices they live by.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Bluegrass9934S
Instructor

They do move cars though, so maybe they aren't totally full of BS. They just got in a bunch of ferrari's and a super low mileage 2005 Carrera GT. I am going to be in the NY area next week for the Jewish Holidays I am going to stop by and check out their operation on Long Island for myself and report back with my assessment. Keep in mind this is the car business, they don't seem to be as bad as Victory Motorcars or Top Gear. But yes more accurate descriptions would help grow their business and make us enthusiasts on the forums less weary when buying through them
Old 09-10-2015, 11:49 AM
greaser5
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Regardless of the dishonesty in the description... The flip price is just crazy.

Classic car dealers... They have earned their reputation.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=12618
Old 09-10-2015, 11:57 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 980 Likes on 640 Posts

agreed. postings here are based on previous track record of a dealer and not solely on the opinions of the posters. there will always be a buyer - the dealer knows that - but there will also always be a 'schooled and informed' buyer that knows where the car came from and what inconsistencies might be/are in the dealer's ad. calling their bluff is completely legitimate.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
petron5000
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with these guys. I wouldn't buy a car from them. The "owner" couldn't be bothered meeting me there at the time that he said he would and then blamed an "accident" and "traffic," saying that he was 15 minutes late. After making me wait an hour, he just had an assistant take me for a drive. The assistant said that the owner was always late. Owner never showed but definitely followed up to try to close a deal.

What he doesn't realize is that the minute that he lied to me about the "accident" he lost me. I run a large sales team and I'd never pull that and would fire a rep who I caught lying.

I don't buy from liars.

Cars were nice, but not worth the price.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by greaser5
Real bummer for me... I'm in Austin... And must have missed this ad. I would have bought this car at asking price. Buyer would have gotten more for his car and I would have gotten the 964 I want so badly.

Dealers are so bad for this industry.
Actually, the car was in DFW, not Austin. Another error with their ad. Furthermore, there are no maintenance records for the car before 2007. The PO didn't receive them when he purchased it.

This is a very nice car, there is no reason to vary from the facts as they are.

Last edited by Super90; 09-10-2015 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:25 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bluegrass9934S
They do move cars though, so maybe they aren't totally full of BS.
How does that conclusion comes from that premise?

In either event, Shanah Tovah!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:33 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Additionally, a simple thought. I never buy a car. I buy a seller. If a seller is honest and upfront, that usually leads to a good transaction and a good car. If seller is a liar, I'd rather go elsewhere, no matter how good a deal might look. And these are cars made in thousands. It's not like buying a one-off painting from a sleazeball dealer simply because you must have it (though in this telling example there will be 84% chance that the painting is a fake, simply because the seller is a sleazeball).

So far this has proven to correlate well over the last 29 years and 30+ cars.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:52 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

This has been going on with this dealer for quite a while now. I'm referring to the lack of accurate information, allegations of photchoping, inventory not actually on hand, inventory sold months or even years ago, inventory not even belonging to the seller.

The fun and innocent Porsche world had changed boys and girls. We inadvertently stepped into it after (most of us) have had years in the game. I believe its the gentrification of our neighborhood and I don't really like it. I wish my car was worth what it was 5 years ago so all these fcukfaces would go back to selling real estate, Ferrari's or blenders...

Quick Reply: FS: 1992 C2 Coupe Manual Transmission