Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1972 911T Targa for Sale or Possible Trade

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:26 PM
jrex19
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1972 911T Targa for Sale or Possible Trade

Year: 1972
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 139000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Foglamps
Color: Silver Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $64500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: AM Radio

My car for sale is a numbers matching 1972 Porsche 911T Targa in Silver Metallic (original color). The paint color, engine, and the transmission are documented as original to the car with Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche. The car is a very good example of an original, unrestored long-hood. 1972 was the only year that Porsche made the 911's with the exterior oil fill door. There are no holes or tears to the seats and the car has good door panels with hardware. The dash is cracked in a number of places (please see pictures). The black vinyl interior and the carpeting appear to be original to the car and show their age. The only thing non-original is the Weber dual-carb setup. The 2.4 engine runs excellent and starts right up while the 915 transmission shifts well through the gears. The car has original Hella Fog Lights mounted as well

This is a California car and as a result the body of the car is in good condition as the floor pans and rockers are very dry. The targa top on the 911 is in really good condition with no aging or tears. All exterior moldings and seals are in good shape as well. Overall I would say the paint is in decent condition, but the driver's fender is starting to fade a bit. Also, there are one or two bubbles on the door corners. The fuch wheels are in good shape without curb rash, nice center caps, and good paint. I also have the owner's manual and tool kit (minus a few tools).

Recent service to the car included replacing the worn shifter bushings for a smoother ride. I also had the brake rotors resurfaced, added new brake pads along with brake hoses. There has been a recent full service including tune-up with new fluids, filters, and spark plugs. I have replaced the alternator, ignition, and points. New rear axles and wheel bearings also replaced on the car. I am also including in the sale additional parts to car which includes some interior trim, rubber seals, and suspension parts.

Overall this car is a good example of a California driver, it is not a show car but a good looking 911 that you can take pride in. I have the clean CA title in my name along with the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche. Please send me a pm with any questions you may have about the car. I can send additional photos. Asking $64.5k or best offer.
Attached Images     
Old 06-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

how long have you had the car? did you happen to buy that car from a person in Petaluma?
Old 06-10-2015, 01:58 PM
jrex19
Track Day

Car is not originally from Norcal, I purchased the car from a gentleman in southern california. Owned it for under a year. I have two long hoods so one has to go
Old 06-17-2015, 01:22 PM
jrex19
Track Day

bump
Old 07-18-2015, 08:14 AM
BLT
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A very nice Targa. I love that color. I'm temped as I love the old ones, but have a 993 Targa I'd need to sell first and my girlfriend would kill me.

GLWS!

BT
Old 07-19-2015, 12:35 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Where in normal is the car located?

You really should resize the photos and get better quality pictures…it helps sell the car.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:20 PM
jrex19
Track Day

Thanks everyone. I ended up selling the car shortly after posting to the forum. The car is on its way to Germany.

My apologies on the photos, I need to get better at posting pics to the site. Any hints on the best way to upload?

Quick Reply: 1972 911T Targa for Sale or Possible Trade