Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015 | 05:51 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: Carrera GT
Mileage (numbers only please): 542
Color: Dark Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0CA2A18FS800717
Price (no $ sign please): $1350000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
To clear things up a bit in regards to the dealer principal flips..
Yes, our owner ordered one for himself to enjoy and has taken delivery. This particular car was purchased from the original buyer, and at a premium over the original list I might add.. Our pricing is reflective of one thing that everyone would agree on, marketplace. All of the orders were filled and those that were not in a place to get one or waited for whatever reason now have the opportunity to own one. What's another few hundred $K when the car is at a million to begin with? It's all relative to the individuals ability and desires at this price point..
My two pennies...

Please contact me with any reasonable offers.
Guys, I wanted to take a moment and apologize for my "What's another few hundred $k" comment. I realize now after reading through the thread that it was disrespectful and offensive. That definitely was not my intention at all and is not a reflection of my character.
Again, my sincerest apologies..

John
Old 03-19-2015 | 05:54 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Guys, I wanted to take a moment and apologize for my "What's another few hundred $k" comment. I realize now after reading through the thread that it was disrespectful and offensive. That definitely was not my intention at all and is not a reflection of my character.
Again, my sincerest apologies..

John
No worries, John.

We all make mistakes, and it's even easier to do so on the internet.

If/when we meet, you've got a clean slate.
Old 03-27-2015 | 05:18 PM
Hayden94
Advanced

Just bought the CGT from John and He was great to work with and I look forward to working with him and Porsche of Houston in the future !
Old 03-27-2015 | 05:21 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hayden94
Just bought the CGT from John and He was great to work with and I look forward to working with him and Porsche of Houston in the future !
Old 03-27-2015 | 05:28 PM
LexVan
Banned

Guys, I wanted to take a moment and apologize for my "What's another few hundred $k" comment. I realize now after reading through the thread that it was disrespectful and offensive. That definitely was not my intention at all and is not a reflection of my character. Again, my sincerest apologies.. John
Classy move. Not many Rennlisters ever admit to making a mistake, let alone apologize for something. You've done both.

GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 03-27-2015 | 06:17 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hayden94
Thanks Hayden94! I appreciate the kind words and look forward to doing business with you again as well. Enjoy your dream car!
Old 03-27-2015 | 06:22 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LexVan
Classy move. Not many Rennlisters ever admit to making a mistake, let alone apologize for something. You've done both.

GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Thanks Lex, once I crowbarred my foot out of my mouth I felt the need to make amends..
Old 03-28-2015 | 12:34 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Thanks Lex, once I crowbarred my foot out of my mouth I felt the need to make amends..
Good move. As they say, respect is not given, it's earned! Much appreciated.
Old 03-29-2015 | 10:59 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

To clear things up a bit in regards to the dealer principal flips..
Yes, our owner ordered one for himself to enjoy and has taken delivery. This particular car was purchased from the original buyer, and at a premium over the original list I might add.. Our pricing is reflective of one thing that everyone would agree on, marketplace. All of the orders were filled and those that were not in a place to get one or waited for whatever reason now have the opportunity to own one. What's another few hundred $K when the car is at a million to begin with? It's all relative to the individuals ability and desires at this price point..
My two pennies...

Please contact me with any reasonable offers.
Your two pennies - is not correct when you add 300 - 350k of profit.

Asking for offers as a dealer is just wrong and I hope it gets imported and Porsche dings you and cuts allocations.

918's are going for 50 - 100k premium.
Old 03-29-2015 | 12:19 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Your two pennies - is not correct when you add 300 - 350k of profit.

Asking for offers as a dealer is just wrong and I hope it gets imported and Porsche dings you and cuts

918's are going for 50 - 100k premium.
If you can't be bothered to actually read the entire thread and his responses, it's probably best to just put your keyboard away.
Old 03-29-2015 | 06:00 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by leftlane
If you can't be bothered to actually read the entire thread and his responses, it's probably best to just put your keyboard away.
Don't need a Mom - Thanks!

Let's see what the owner does with his "private 918".

There is one coming up at Barrett - guess that was a dealer owners car too.
Old 03-30-2015 | 10:16 AM
cotmfk
AutoX

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Don't need a Mom - Thanks!
Maybe you do. Ha The OP apologized for his comment just a few posts above your initial post in this thread.
Old 03-31-2015 | 02:07 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

these threads are obnoxious. moan all you want about dealers, but the real ******** in these tales are the guys paying 1 million American dollars for a sports car they can barely drive, and likely won't. same goes with the absurdity that is the GT3RS marketplace. a perfect storm of rich guys have all been drugged into believing GT3 ownership (and especially 4.0Ltr RS cars) is a guarantee ticket to heaven. now the supply is low and price is outrageous enough that the cars are seldom driven and never seen. this barely believable story moody tells of the $600k offer for a RS 4.0 is a prime example. on one hand, you have a guy so impressed with himself that he needs a 4.0Ltr GT3 at ANY price because the regular RS is for pussies. on the other hand, you got a guy that's so impressed with himself that he won't entertain an offer to triple his money on a used road car.

i have indeed been noticing a market shift over the last 5 years. a lot more stupid people have money.
Old 03-31-2015 | 02:37 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
"When you're spending this much, what's another $X thousand?"

Saying that to me is an instant turn-off, and deeply offensive. I worked hard to get to where I am today, as you no doubt have, as well. Respect me, and I'll respect you.
deeply offended? laugh. out. loud.
how so?
Old 03-31-2015 | 10:10 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Traffic53
these threads are obnoxious. moan all you want about dealers, but the real ******** in these tales are the guys paying 1 million American dollars for a sports car they can barely drive, and likely won't. same goes with the absurdity that is the GT3RS marketplace. a perfect storm of rich guys have all been drugged into believing GT3 ownership (and especially 4.0Ltr RS cars) is a guarantee ticket to heaven. now the supply is low and price is outrageous enough that the cars are seldom driven and never seen. this barely believable story moody tells of the $600k offer for a RS 4.0 is a prime example. on one hand, you have a guy so impressed with himself that he needs a 4.0Ltr GT3 at ANY price because the regular RS is for pussies. on the other hand, you got a guy that's so impressed with himself that he won't entertain an offer to triple his money on a used road car.

i have indeed been noticing a market shift over the last 5 years. a lot more stupid people have money.
If you're going to show your lack of class by questioning Mooty's integrity, at least show your intellect, and spell his name correct.

Quick Reply: 2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic