Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 996 Porsche GT3 Cup

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 02:03 PM
jgorscak
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 2004 996 Porsche GT3 Cup

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: Race Cars
Mileage (numbers only please): 22
Color: White
VIN: WP0ZZZ99Z4S698048
Price (no $ sign please): $79000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

I am offering my 2004 GT3 Cup for sale. I am the third owner and bought the car in April 2014. Since the car’s inception it has been stored and maintained continuously at Kelly Moss Motorsports in Madison, Wisconsin until April 2014 when I purchased it. Since my purchase of the car it has been in South Florida and has received all of its service at Foreign Affairs in Pompano Beach, Florida.

This 6Cup is truly perfect. Fresh engine (426 HP at the crank - very strong and legal), fresh gearbox, fresh clutch, fresh axles (only 4 races - won them all - plus 4 DE events now) new fuel cell and pumps 2 races ago ($9000), plumbing in high end Goodridge Kevlar hoses with swedged fittings, serviceable filters, upgraded Motec dash with brake pressure sensor added. ABS software upgraded. Special Porsche ECU mapping. Fresh wheel bearings, 997 toe links, control arms (this includes ball joints), etc. Moton 2-way adjustable suspension all the way around (fronts recently rebuild in October 2014). Complete Motec data system with chase cam video interface ($12,000), brand new Schroth 6 point harness, car equipped with cool suit cooler and pump.

Motor 21.5 hours
Tranny 21.5 hours
Axles 21.5 hours
Clutch 21.5 hours
Fuel Cell with dry break and lightweight bladder ($9000) installed new 3/14
All fuel pumps(3) were replaced 3/14

Cylinder Leak Down test done 4/1/14 and all cylinders between 2 and 4% (8 hours ago)

2 extra sets of BBS wheels with brand new Michelins on one set

The engine and tranny rebuild was done at Kelly Moss Motorsports using nothing but PMNA parts. For those of you who know Kelly Moss Motorsports, they are one of the premier race shops in the country and are state of the art when it comes to rebuilds or anything related to Cup cars. There were no shortcuts taken on anything. It received new heads, complete rods, pistons & cylinders, all bearings, oil pump, o2 sensors, all timing components, chain tensioners, all parts magnafluxed and zyglo tested - a true 100% rebuild! The fuel cell was good but out of date so it was replaced as was the clutch and axles. I have full documentation for every part purchased and used for the rebuild.

Disclosure, the car was involved in one incident in September 2011 with its first owner involving the front passenger side. When I bought the car Jeff Stone, owner of Kelly Moss Motorsports explained that there was some minor frame damage. He stated that they made the repairs at Kelly Moss and are 100% factory perfect and correct. Kelly Moss Motorsports has been the number 1 Porsche crash repair facility in the country for many years, repairing cars for NGT, The Racers Group, Farnbacher Loles, Alex Job, 911 Design and many others over the years. Jeff assured me that they never repair any crash damage unless it can be 100% to factory spec or better when finished. Please do not hesitate to PM regarding this so I can put anyone thinking about buying this car at ease. I had Jeff Stone assure me that the car was perfect before I bought it and I would be happy to do the same to anyone with inquiries. I have full documentation as to the repair. Since I have owned the car it has driven perfectly and the incident is a non-factor.

The bottom line is that no expense has been spared while maintaining this car since 2004. Everything down to the nuts and bolts have been meticulously cared for. This is the only 996 Cup car I know of in existence that has been maintained with an open checkbook to the same standards as when these cars were run in Supercup. You WILL NOT find a nicer 996 Cup out there if you look till the end of time. This car is ready to win anywhere as it sits and it is a steal at $79,000. I have full documentation for every part used and service done to the car since 2004. One can only be amazed on how this car was maintained. I am happy to send all documentation to serious buyers.

All in all I have been completely blown away with the quality of this car. The next owner could not in anyway be disappointed with it. This car was maintained to perfection and not run into the ground anticipating a sale. It is a great car. Reason for selling is that due to family reasons and time constraints, I am not fully committed enough to race full time and this car deserves to be used appropriately. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Thank you
Attached Images         

Last edited by jgorscak; 01-28-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've personally seen this car. Beautiful and fast. 2:14's at Sebring with time left. On table. Great seller slow driver lol You will not be disappointed.

GLWS!

Mike
Old 01-19-2015, 08:19 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

996 Cup Car Perfection!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:54 PM
jgorscak
Racer

All PM's replied

Also I wanted to add that the car is wired for radio communication and has an air hydraulic lift system.

Mike the original owner was dropping 2:11's in this car at Sebring. I have his official PCA race results to prove it. The car is unbelievably quick.

Finally I want to state that I corrected the amount of hours on the motor and tranny since its rebuild. There are 21.5 hours on each as well as the clutch and axles. I did not calculate the original owners hours properly after the rebuild when I did my math. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:24 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Sharp.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:43 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Jason is a solid guy! I spoke to him about his ex 996 GT3 before I bought it from the guy he sold it to previously. Jason is as honest as they come. If this Cup Car is half the car his 6-3 is, you will be absolutely thrilled. Great car man!!! Thanks If I was in the market for a Cup Car, this is the one I would buy, no question....
Old 01-21-2015, 02:09 PM
jgorscak
Racer

Thanks Christallon,

I put a lot into my old GT3, I'm glad your enjoying it. This Cup is in excellent shape as well
Old 01-23-2015, 05:35 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Its an incredible car Jason. bettered my time by 5 seconds at WSIR and still way more time to find. It's poised, fast and loud, but in a refined way I love the rose jointed suspension bits, feels rock solid under full load. Great car. GLWS of the Cup car. Wish I was in the market and had room enough for it. I would not hesitate to buy your car!!! If I decide to sell the 6-3, you will be the first call!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

damn i miss jason's gt3...we had many a DE race together...jason buy it back after you sell the cup....

Jason, 2:11 is insane for a 6 cup at sebring....if i wasn't incapacitated right now i would buy it!

mk
Old 01-24-2015, 08:27 AM
jgorscak
Racer

Thanks Mike and thanks for all of the interest everyone. All PMs replied
Old 02-02-2015, 07:33 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

Is your car still available?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:35 PM
jgorscak
Racer

PM sent
Old 02-10-2015, 03:35 PM
jgorscak
Racer

Deposit received. Sale pending
Old 05-30-2015, 08:25 PM
mannym5
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Still for sale? Please call or email. Manny@islandmotorcars.net 631-258-6555. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2004 996 Porsche GT3 Cup