Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 993 Turbo/Andial BT 3.8

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 56505
Color: Turquoise Metallic
VIN: WP0AC2992TS375938
Price (no $ sign please): $175995
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM Radio

Rental. Ouch. The interior looks a little lower on the quality side. $176k. Wow.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:02 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by SF Sports Cars
Oh well. I trust my client's explanation. This isn't a financially motivated sale and he has no need to rent out any of his cars for extra income
From the eBay ad alone, I would suggest the evidence suggests otherwise.

If I were a used car salesman, with the attendant reputation and baggage that comes with it, I'd do anything and everything to make sure that I never come across as shady or less than honest.

If the sum total of your due diligence is relegated to simply to "trust" a former client's explanation when the car sure as hell comes across as a formal rental, it would make it very difficult to "trust" you.

Good luck with the sale anyway
Old 10-09-2014, 04:07 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Bummed that I missed buying this car ~ 2 years ago and now it's F/S at a dealer.

sigh.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:32 PM
YellowBull
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the owner of the 993 Andial Turbo and it's clear that I need to provide specific details about this vehicle. Here are all the pertinent facts related to the history of the car.

When I purchased the vehicle, I couldn't take possession of the car right away for a combination of business/better half reasons. The owner of Club Sportiva allowed me to store the car at his location, but also wanted to bolster his selection of cars available to his members. I was unaware of just how much marketing they did for the car, particularly in light of the fact that the owner promised that the car would not be rented to non-members of the club. Regardless of the marketing, the car was unequivocally never rented out to a non-member. As for the club itself, the car was taken out 5 times by members. It was mandated that I was made aware of and approved any member that requested the car.

When I finally cleared up my issues, I took my car back and have enjoyed it since. This is a very special car and it has been well taken care of. I recently had it serviced at Carlsen Porsche and the very meticulous mechanic there marveled at the condition of the vehicle. Andial did a superb job in their build and it is the best car that I have ever driven. I strongly encourage any interested party to have a PPI done on the car and it will reflect what I stated about the amazing condition of the car.

It is apparent to me now that I should have stated upfront about the affiliation with the club, as it is astonishing to see how resourceful the car community is. Clearly, that is a lesson learned. Any criticism should be directed towards me and not at Sam, who had absolutely no knowledge about the car other than what I told him. I assured him that this car was my personal car and that the car was never rented out. I deemed the club use as incidental as it was driven just a handful of times by members that I approved of.

If anyone has further questions regarding the history of this car, please feel free to PM me.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:07 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowBull
as it is astonishing to see how resourceful the car community is
Thanks for advertising the car here and for clarifying some of the history of the car.

Yes the car community is pretty resourceful. The Porsche car market has become lucrative enough that we see a fair amount of BS going on, whether it is pricing, not being upfront about the condition/history of the car, etc. etc.

While some do not like the ability of others being able to comment on a car being sold, I for one think it is very important, and keeps some amount of honesty in our part of the market. Early 911 Registry is the same, and as you know, with the pricing on early 911s a lot of not so good stuff is being marketed. The 356 Registry/Samba/Pelican/etc do not allow any comments to the detriment of potential buyers, especially those that do not have access to experts on the cars.

GLWS.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:02 PM
EDEZ TT
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, I visited witn Sam at this dealership a couple of times now, and as a P-car enthusiast he's been direct and accurate in describing his inventory. In this case, you don't know what you don't know.

GLWTS!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:44 PM
mulsanne79
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful car!! Good luck with the sale and don't get discouraged by some of the negative commentary. It usually comes from people that will never be able to afford such vehicle and jealousy can be quite vile.

Last edited by mulsanne79; 10-12-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:02 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by mulsanne79
Beautiful car!! Good luck with the sale and don't get discouraged by some of the negative commentary. It usually comes from people that will never be able to afford such vehicle and jealousy can be quite vile.
Nonsense. Anyone who is going to be dropping this kind of coin will want to make sure they are not buying a car that's been "Ferris Buellered."

A recent PPI with leakdown and compression from any reputable shop is a good investment for the seller and can clear up many questions since I would guess the asking price is quite a bit higher than previous purchase price.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:33 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74

Nonsense. Anyone who is going to be dropping this kind of coin will want to make sure they are not buying a car that's been "Ferris Buellered."

A recent PPI with leakdown and compression from any reputable shop is a good investment for the seller and can clear up many questions since I would guess the asking price is quite a bit higher than previous purchase price.
+1

Asking a ton of stupid questions isn't the same as doing due diligence as an experienced high value car buyer/collector.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:13 PM
SF Sports Cars
Former Vendor

Buuump!
Old 10-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Dryfly57
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Best of luck with the sale of this beautiful P-car Sam and Yellowbull!!

I've got a sore spot for mulsanne79 who also has a second account under dickbarbour. He is a dealer who in the recent past has embellished on his own listing on the Rennlist site. Now the car in question was quite nice but like some dealers, they do some ****ty things on this site. Just a heads up gents.

Sorry to ambush this post for a very nice car. GLWS
Old 10-29-2014, 05:07 PM
limitedslip
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 68 Posts

Wow what a car!!
Old 10-30-2014, 02:06 PM
slm
Intermediate

My how I love this car. My father had an amazon green American Roadster. Always loved that color. Would look good in the barn with my GT2 and GT3.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:24 PM
PecosBill
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember seeing this car when I was at a Cars and Coffee at Club Sportiva... absolutely gorgeous.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:11 PM
SF Sports Cars
Former Vendor

New price

$169995

Quick Reply: 1996 993 Turbo/Andial BT 3.8