Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1967swt versuch project First owner Jochen Neerspach

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Bivvv
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967swt versuch project First owner Jochen Neerspach

Year: 1967
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 24500
Color: light ivory
VIN: 500100
Price (no $ sign please): $125000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

$125,000 Complete the story and have a one of one not just another S
'. . . This car needs complete Restoration, including pans and some in the rockers. The body panels seem to be in fair condition, the car was painted a few years prior to my father purchase. It is Numbers Matching and Confirmed on the Kardex and COA. This car was completed 12/07/66 and and the engine # 900054 was Versuch geliefert (Received from the testing dept) upon the cars completion it was used in the testing department and was serviced in Belgium until 9/15/67 when the first owner took possession. The first owner was machinist and a factory winning driver in 1967, and he spent his career in the racing community. According to Porsche cars of North America This car is not an S however engine #900054 is type 901/02 with 40IDS carbs which have the high speed Enrichment. These carbs became the s carbs late in 67, but I believe they were used on racing engines as early as 65. The engines prior to #900100 were Internal, experimental and for testing use, Not for the people. This engine seems to run well but should be freshened, I don't believe that the engine has been apart by anyone but the testing dept. The transmission is not shown on the Kardex or Coa The only number that I can find is #11 on the housing with an early casting date. There are many S performance features included in this car, with many of the cosmetic features that were not. I have not been able to find out concrete information about what this car was used for or what the testing department was testing. The factory has stated for privacy reasons this info is not available, which seems common for the Versuch cars. According to the Kardex the car was originally light Ivory with a red leatherette interior. There was some rust repair and the color was changed in the early 80s to update the look by the previous owner. The car needs extensive rust repair and a complete restoration but there is plenty of story and history left to complete for the new owner. Car is sold as is where is, buyer is responsible for shipping but we are willing to help facilitate or deliver to a shipping port on the west coast at the buyers expense. More pictures are available on request but a pre-purchase inspection is recommended we are located on the central coast of California. If you would like to hear the engine run please view the video below. I don't know if this engine was ever raced, as said in the narration in the video. Clear Title in My Fathers Name video is included in the ebay link. . .
http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...67-swt-Versuch
http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...t=Versuch+cars

Last edited by Bivvv; 07-09-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: wrong miliage,repair links

Quick Reply: 1967swt versuch project First owner Jochen Neerspach