Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 2006 Porsche 997.1 C2 arctic silver

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:19 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default FS: 2006 Porsche 997 Carrera arctic silver

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 64000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: silver
Price (no $ sign please): $49000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hi,

Well, it looks like an another rather dry season for me thanks to work and family duties. Not much track fun is expected to occur... So, as season starts, I do post it again here.

Car in its virgin form was a 2006 997.1 arctic silver base Carrera. It has 64K miles now, was bought summer 2009 with 39K miles. Car is a pretty well made street/track build which still looks decent from outside (all stock 100% clean exterior, no wing, very modest) and is very nice to drive which cannot be said about any 997.1 stock street car.

Car was built and maintained by Eurotech in Framingham, MA.

Drivetrain mods: IPD plenum, Fabspeed 200cell x-pipe cats, it has stock ECU flash now but I will give you Softronic ECU flash for track (flash cord and support is included), GT Gears torque-biased differential is installed on 6 speed manual gearbox to provide excellent equal pull in corners.

To deal with potential oil starvation on track car has 996 X51 oil pan installed. Engine mounts are semi-solid WEVO SS to provide excellent engine stability and upshifting in corners. Car`s torque with Softronic flash is very equal up to redline and on mustang dyno shows 289hp on wheels, it outruns stock C2S cars on the track and outruns stock GT3 cars in corners.

On the maintenance side - last season RMS was replaced, clutch was replaced with new stock unit, flywheel was replaced with same stock one, AOS was replaced, serpentine belt replaced, spark plugs replaced, coils replaced - car was 100% refreshed as i keep it in top running shape.

Car still has stock wheel carriers and stock brake calipers with GT3 air ducts for ventilation. Master brake cylinder was replaced with GT3 one that gives great pedal feel and helps a lot on the track. Gas pedal has rennline heel&toe extension.

Suspension:
Shocks: JRZ RS 2 way adjustable coilovers (similar to 996 spec cars but for 997 model line), springs are #600 Eibach with #150 tender front, rear is #700 Eibach main with #150 tender spring.

Rear axle: ERP (Cary Eisenlohr) built dogbones, 996 GT3 LCAs, steel monoball GT3 upper shock mount, Tarett adjustable toe arms with ERP rod ends, GT3 sway bar.

Front axle: ERP thrust (fork) arms, 996 GT3 LCAs with solid metal thrust arm bushings, monoball GT3 upper shock mounts, GT3 sway bar.

Sway bars are most recent GT3 (thicker) version suncoast sells.

Total price of suspension build alone was $15K.

Car got new front tie rods last season. Suspension is checked on monthly basis pretty much and is in the ideal shape. It is not a DD beater car, it handles like magic. Aligment is set -2.7 deg front, -2.3 deg rear camber, 0 toe front, 0.13 toe rear, 8.2 caster. tire wear is good and equal.
Street stock rims are Carrera classics 5 spoke with Z1 StarSpec Dunlops, close to full tread, 235/275 R18 tires. On track car is setup to use 9/12" rims on 275/335 tires.

Exterior: 100% stock all around, all clean with no marks on the front as it got clear bra on the hood and fenders. very good condition as by my standards i can rarely claim 'excellent' even for a stock brand new car. I have 3rd radiator kit i did not install yet so it comes with a car too.

Interior: car has stock PCM navigation module retrofitted, has multifunction steering wheel, has bluetooth/ipod Mobridge unit - means you connect to your iphone hands free to take place calls and play mp3 music from ipod, has mods4cars unit, has hardwired V1 radar detector.

For track fun car has removable R-1030 Brey Krause harness bar and JetPilot harness with anti-sub belt, all together is $500 if you need it.
There is also a hard wired hookup cord for AiM Solo DL data collection unit.

This offer is great for an enthusiast who wants an already built ultimate car that is ready to get on a track right away and eat up any stock gt3 car in corners. It also rides perfectly on the street, ride is smooth and not bumpy as spring rates were chosen wisely.

Car by now has more than $30K invested into it with various modifications and was maintained to the highest standard by Eurotech shop that builds and maintains top level race cars.

Car was refreshed recently and now has new plugs, AOS, RMS, belt and clutch, new water pump. IMS was inspected and was fine with no signs of leaks or issues. It hopefully should be problem free for quite a while.

It is obviously not a kind of a deal for bargain seekers and i am not interested to take it apart, if no one would be interested to buy it 'as is' I will keep riding it for a while.

Car also comes with all original parts as I kept them all, full stock suspension included. If anybody would be interested - PM me and we can arrange to meet.

Price is firm, $49K with no tricks, personal transaction at my or your bank branch only, for all listed above plus all stock parts i kept.

PM me if interested. I am not going to put it on sale anywhere else and not very interested to dismember it for parts as this build actually came up quite nicely but as an another season passes by I think somebody else may enjoy it more. If you look for a race car - all you need is to put a cage in it and you can go out in some PCA classes. It has no fire suppression system but has fire extinguisher under right seat, all electronics and interior are stock.
Plus I feel I want to build something else now.
Attached Images        

Last edited by utkinpol; 05-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:53 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

no one wants? It got new motul 600 and oil done this week.all looks good, old oil was perfectly clean, no debris on the magnetic plug, car is in good shape.

Last edited by utkinpol; 05-09-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:11 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

really well set up 997 carrera.

it would cost a few bucks in labour to put it back to stock which would be a shame because it is done right as it is.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Nicely setup for a weekend warrior. GLWS.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Redline911
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you pleasse tell me the model # of the Recaro seat? Looking for a seat just like that.
Thanks

Quick Reply: FS: 2006 Porsche 997.1 C2 arctic silver