Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 Porsche GT3 FS - 15k - Black/Red Stitch - PCCB

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:48 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 15000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $47000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

This deal didn't smell right from the beginning. Stinks now.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 AM
limitedslip
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Perk10
yikes. when I bought my car off RL I had made a verbal agreement and 2 other potential buyers offered 1-2k more than me a day or so afterward. Seller held off telling them he had an offer pending. (mine)

I sent the money, he sent the car. Glad it went that way, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for people who have to go thru this kind of bs
This happened to me a couple times as a seller. The first accepted offer always gets the car; regardless of subsequent higher offers. A deal's a deal. I guess it shows what kind of person the seller is.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This stuff really chaps my A$$. I sold a car recently. Guy calls, makes a fair offer and I say "let me think it over". Next day another guy calls and wants to buy the car. I say, "I have an offer in hand and I'm waiting to decide". Second guy says "I'll beat his price by $1,000". I call the first guy back and tell him that I have another offer but he was first. I tell him the story and he says "I'll split the difference with you and give you $500 more". I agree to the deal.

Later that day I just felt like crap taking the extra $500. When you deal with another enthusiast on a brand web site i just think you have to be beyond reproach. After all, we are supposed to be a community here.

P.S. After I agreed to the deal and call the second guy back to tell him "No", he offers me $2,000 more. I told him, "too bad you didn't call 5 minutes before the 1st guy because I would have loved to take your offer, but my word is my word."
Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
This stuff really chaps my A$$. I sold a car recently. Guy calls, makes a fair offer and I say "let me think it over". Next day another guy calls and wants to buy the car. I say, "I have an offer in hand and I'm waiting to decide". Second guy says "I'll beat his price by $1,000". I call the first guy back and tell him that I have another offer but he was first. I tell him the story and he says "I'll split the difference with you and give you $500 more". I agree to the deal.

Later that day I just felt like crap taking the extra $500. When you deal with another enthusiast on a brand web site i just think you have to be beyond reproach. After all, we are supposed to be a community here.

P.S. After I agreed to the deal and call the second guy back to tell him "No", he offers me $2,000 more. I told him, "too bad you didn't call 5 minutes before the 1st guy because I would have loved to take your offer, but my word is my word."
Old 04-08-2014, 03:11 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,116 Likes on 2,357 Posts

The 2nd person that saw my white GT3 bought it...he pulled out cash out of his wallet as a deposit and said that he'll wire the rest after the inspection. Had a few others email about the car within a few days and I told me that I didn't want to talk price as sale was pending to another buyer.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Eiswein
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Highmodulus
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eiswein
PM sent.
"I will take Failed to read the read for $1000 Alex"