Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 Porsche GT3 FS - 15k - Black/Red Stitch - PCCB

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 03:53 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 15000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $47000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by 2qwik4u
Thank you...I was that person. After we made a deal contingent on a ppi which I scheduled and prepaid(policy)he sold car to a
higher offer. Not cool in my book...
No, definitely not. When I sold my '07 I got a lot of calls and could have done the same but I did not. Not OK in my book...
Old 04-06-2014, 09:25 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

This is not ebay. Not cool to sell to someone else once agreement is reached. When I sold my RS could likely have gotten more based on interest it received but I honor what I tell people.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:30 AM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Z
I was also interested in the car. But when the owner told me over the phone I would have to offer above the asking price , because he already had agreed to selling it to someone else at his asking price and only then he would sell it to me. I told him I respected the person whom he agreed to sell at his asking price and told him I would pass.
Oh, well.....
My experience was similar but not exactly the same. At 10 am (after PMs, texts and phone calls to the seller throughout the morning) I was told that there were 4 offers already made, 2 "without contingencies" and the seller was only entertaining offers above asking. No mention of a previously accepted offer was made. He then had to jump off the phone before we could discuss further. I took this to mean that I could make an offer, and if mine was the "best" on both price and contingency, I would "win." While this is NOT the practice I am used to from Rennlist or other car forum classifieds, I swallowed hard and accepted it. I sent a text with my offer which was quite a bit above asking (think thousands, not hundreds). I was then asked via text what my contingencies were. I replied that I needed to see the DME over rev report and that my offer was real and we could close next week.

I asked if I was in the ballpark and got no response.

Later that day (7PM) I got a text "Just took a higher offer with no contingencies" - at the time I took this to mean that I was given another chance to "bid again" but in hindsight maybe it meant that the deal was done. Either way, I was disappointed and PO'd about how the process was done. I replied that this really should have been an eBay auction instead of a classified listing.

I do think the seller was just caught off guard and decided to maximize his profit above all else. Maybe he is in dire financial straights and needs every dollar, karma be dammed. Again, in that case an auction would have been better for him, and he would have gotten an even higher price.

If it was me and after posting an ad here for a vehicle I got three or four offers at asking price sitting in my PM inbox, I'd probably think hard about moving the car to eBay and posting the link to the auction in my advert. Some might even seen that as poor form, but I think it would be "fair" to all concerned. I have had the case where I accepted a "contingent" offer and then got another one just as good or better. In that scenario I always put party two "on deck" and promise to get back if the deal falls through. Simple, and seems in the spirit of the community. And things do fall through so having backup is good for the seller.

The seller contacted me yesterday via text after seeing my comments here, and he admits it got out of hand. I do think he wishes it had been handled differently on his part and we will have to see what he has to say on the subject. But the actions leave a sour taste in my mouth - I'm shopping for a car now and want to know I am dealing with fair actors when I work with the Rennlist community.

Since I feel bad, I'm sure 2qwik4u feels even more wronged. Sorry Bro.

Originally Posted by 2qwik4u
Thank you...I was that person. After we made a deal contingent on a ppi which I scheduled and prepaid(policy)he sold car to a
higher offer. Not cool in my book...
Sorry that happened to you - it would NEVER happen if you bought a car from me. Sux.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 118 Posts

I was in line to but asked to outbid original owner and said PASS. I missed a few aircooled cars the same way, 2 of them I had deposit on and one was already through a PPI. It is what it is.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:01 AM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by blockhed
I was in line to but asked to outbid original owner and said PASS. I missed a few aircooled cars the same way, 2 of them I had deposit on and one was already through a PPI. It is what it is.
maybe you can use some of this money you have to pay member dahlen back for the large amount of oem parts that never were sent to him during the deal on the car you sold him which also has cost him thousands to fix because of the shoddy work you did on it.

all members on here need to be aware of who you are dealing with when making a transaction with blockhed
Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 AM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone run this VIN?

I seem to recall looking at this car 5 years ago ...
Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 126 Posts

What IS the VIN number???
Old 04-06-2014, 01:38 PM
halik
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

― Warren Buffett
Old 04-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!

maybe you can use some of this money you have to pay member dahlen back for the large amount of oem parts that never were sent to him during the deal on the car you sold him which also has cost him thousands to fix because of the shoddy work you did on it.

all members on here need to be aware of who you are dealing with when making a transaction with blockhed
The plot DOES thicken!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM
garrett1021
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!:11272142
Originally Posted by blockhed

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States
Old 04-06-2014, 05:25 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just poor way to treat fellow car enthusiast in my opinion and something I would never consider.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Highmodulus
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you accept an offer, sales over unless the buyer doesn't come through as agreed.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:40 PM
stuttgart1
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Totally agree. When seller/buyer agreed for a selling price and agreement/deposit has been made; the car is assume "sales pending". It is not gentleman to sell the car to "highest bidder" when you made an agreement to other party.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

What happened to the OP???
Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 AM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yikes. when I bought my car off RL I had made a verbal agreement and 2 other potential buyers offered 1-2k more than me a day or so afterward. Seller held off telling them he had an offer pending. (mine)

I sent the money, he sent the car. Glad it went that way, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for people who have to go thru this kind of bs

Quick Reply: 2004 Porsche GT3 FS - 15k - Black/Red Stitch - PCCB