Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1987 944 Turbo, tastefully upgraded w/ lots of service records

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 10:49 PM
bradman951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 944 Turbo, tastefully upgraded w/ lots of service records

Year: 1987
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Mileage (numbers only please): 146000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $7495
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Hi, I am reluctantly listing my Porsche for sale. I have owned this car for roughly eight years and truly hate to part with it, but I am growing up and need to redirect my spending. I purchased this car from an Aerospace Engineer in his late 40's who was extremely fastidious about maintaining and upgrading the car. I have well over 25K in receipts from all of the work he had done on it. I have also invested quite a lot into maintaining and upgrading but haven't added it up to save myself some grief.

I am in Crystal River Florida BTW. About halfway between Tampa and Gainesville.

Here is a brief list of upgrades/improvements:
Zimmerman Rotors and Pads all around
Stainless Brake-lines,
Koni Shocks all around
250 lbs springs front, H&R I believe
Racing Dynamics strut-tower brace
Autothority MAF + chips ~310 bhp
All new sway bar and A-arm bushings
Fresh tie-rod ends/bushings

Maintenance items:
Oil always changed at 5k mile intervals with Mobil 1 synthetic. JUST changed like 500 miles ago
Timing Belt was done around 140,000
Water-pump also, around 140k
Thermostat like 2k miles ago, first replacement started sticking.
Clutch was done by P.O. around 110k, it's in the records somewhere.
Engine mounts were done around when the clutch was done, that's also buried in the records somewhere.
All new fuel lines, injector O-rings and seals
New coolant expansion tank
Oil pressure sender replaced ~135k

Engine is very strong and smooth. When I bought it, I had a compression and leak-down test done on it. #4 was a little weak on the leak-down but my mechanic didn't feel it was alarming and it doesn't burn much oil at all. It wouldn't hurt to have it done again. The front engine seals could use to be replaced. I run the car without the timing belt cover so that I can keep an eye on things and it does throw a bit of oil up on the hood liner. There is also so small leak near the back of the valve cover, have some parts coming to repair that this weekend. It's very annoying because it eventually drips down onto the turbo y-pipe and causes it to smoke. Otherwise, it is in good mechanical condition. The A/C DOES work. It was converted to run 134a. This is not, however, a Honda and it will not freeze you out--but it will keep you reasonably cool on a hot day. There is a small refrigerant leak somewhere and it occasionally needs a re-charge. I've never bothered to take it in to a shop to have them track it, could be something stupid. Either way, the compressor is fairly new, the P.O. replaced it when he had it converted to 134a.

Aesthetically it is also very good. Had it repainted about five years ago and they did a nice job. The rubber bumper guard fell off in a car wash at some point, so this needs to be replaced. Also, there are a couple small dents on the roof from a walnut tree at my family's house, grrr. The interior is in very nice condition for the age of the car. Carpet is almost immaculate and the dash is mostly free of cracks/crazing. Sunroof needs a new liner and the arm-rest cover kept breaking, so I removed it. Otherwise, there's absolutely nothing alarming in there.

I think I've covered everything honestly and completely. She is really pretty and I am not looking forward to seeing her leave--I just hope someone will come along with more time for her than I do now.

Feel free to call or text me. My VM is probably full though, I never empty it. 352 422-5541 Also, I don't always get email notifications from Rennlist so you can email me directly and I will definitely get back with you right away: bstevenson.ufl@gmail.com

PICS HERE: https://plus.google.com/101569679195...ts/JxLRAatHHEs

Also, here is the Craigslist ad http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/4139870122.html

Name:  IMAG1013.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMAG1023.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  70.7 KB

Last edited by bradman951; 10-31-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 PM
bradman951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUMP with pics! More photos to come. Lowered Price $7,495

VIEW PICS HERE
https://plus.google.com/photos/10156...COSx49XIiOzGQQ

Name:  IMAG1012.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  68.0 KB

Last edited by bradman951; 10-31-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Quick Reply: 1987 944 Turbo, tastefully upgraded w/ lots of service records