Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1975 Carrera for sale Will consider offers over 25K

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1975 Carrera for sale Will consider offers over 25K

Year: 1975
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 52000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Orange
VIN: 9115400297
Price (no $ sign please): $30000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1975 911 Carrera. I bought this car in January and trailered it home recently with the intention of converting it into an RS replica, but had a change of heart as early impact bumper carreras are now in higher demand than ever, and this car doesn't deserve to be chopped up. Buy it before I change my mind! Car is currently listed on fleabay, but preference is given to PCA, rennlist or pelican members.

According to the previous owner, he bought the car in 2006 and commenced a restoration on the car consisting of stripping to bare metal, rust repair/replacements where needed, etching primer and finally a glass out painting in continental orange in 2010. Car has been garaged since painting and has a total of about 4,000mi since then. I was told that the original color is unknown, and that the car was a metallic brown when he purchased it, but this was not the original color. I have included a photo of the car as he purchased it in 2006. You can see by the included receipts that a bit of money was spent on cosmetics and functional items from 2006-2010.

Paint is very nice and the color is bright and beautiful. all seams look straight and there are no dings or dents. Most rubber and trim was replaced. The rubber on the tail is original and could use replacing if you can find one. The front windshield seal isn't applied perfectly, and I would redo it in time. (it's doesn't leak through)

The interior was redone in 2010 as well. Dash recovered, new carpets, seat covers and door cards. Power windows work well. Modern Alpine stereo with ipod hookup in glovebox and alpine speakers x4. I do not have the toolkit or spare wheel.

At sometime in it's life the original 2.7 was replaced with a 1984 3.2L it was the previous owner's theory that the engine had let go and was replaced in 1984 with a new long block crate motor by a porsche dealer. The engine number is 63E00413 which is a ROW engine number so the engine certainly did not come out of a US car. This theory has not been verified. I have included photos of the numbers.

Car is sold with a transferable Rhode Island registration and bill of sale. Rhode Island does not issue titles for cars of this age. The car is free of liens.

PPI's are welcome although the car is not currently registered and doesn't have tags, so you our your guy can come to me.) The car is in a climate controlled garage in Brooklyn, NY. I will assist in scheduling with your pickup but will not deliver the car. International buyers are welcome, and I can refer a great customs broker if needed.
You can find more photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1110266...eat=directlink

And video here:

Feel free to email me for specific photos if required. Car is sold as is and where is. Do not rely on any representations. I am not a car dealer and do not buy and sell cars for a living. This car was purchased for personal use, and is being sold privately. This is an as-is sale. No refunds will be given. Deposits are not refundable.

Thanks, Jordan
jordanpryce@gmail.com
Previous Cars:2012 C4 GTS, 11 BMW Z4 M-sport, 11 328i, 09 Audi A4, 08 Audi A3, 71 Porsche 914-6, 65 Porsche 356, 88 VW GTI, 70 VW Type III, 00 VW Eurovan Westy, 99 VW Eurovan MV, more motorcycles than can be counted
Attached Images     
Old 08-29-2013, 02:45 PM
mx22
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, not to steal your sale thread, but where in Brooklyn did you find a car storage?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

It's my private garage.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful car... Should sell quickly!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I remember when car was for sale on pano site, beautiful but car never really understood the CIS on a 3.2
Phi
Old 08-30-2013, 06:06 AM
philchil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent pm

Need to update my membership...

Site not working too good without it....
Old 08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
rol607
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Why does hood look as if it is not fitting correctly?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

I don't notice any hood issues in person. All of the impact bumper hoods look a little strange to me due to the rubber gasket.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

For those who are interested: If I sell the car, I have also put together quite an RS interior which I would sell separately. (but in a package)

Nurburgring seats in special basketweave vinyl from GTS Classics with 74-78 mounts
Appbiz RS door panels custom covered in the same basketweave, and enough extra material to do the dash and any other interior parts.
Appbiz RS carpet kit in black perlon
3-Piece Pedal Set (Throttle, Brake and Clutch Pedals) Hargett Precision
Rennline Perforated Aluminum Dead Pedal, Black, 911/911 Turbo (1965-89) Coupe ONLY

If the car doesn't sell I will do the interior and consider selling it at a later date.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

a 964 in my hood! would love to have a look... but alas, I am not in the market. GLWS !
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Thanks Par2. It's not a 964 though, it's an impact bumper G body. All you watercooled guys think we all look alike.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Still available. Have had offers at 23k and 25k....27K will take it home...
Old 08-31-2013, 10:12 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Passenger's front doesn't look right, the hood seam is off and the crumple zone rubber accordion trim behind that same side's bumper appears more compressed than the driver's side.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fog light is different on that same side, I'd bet good money it was hit passenger's front.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

terbiumactivated, I'm surprised you say that. I went to the garage to check and will post photos. The fog lights are identical. The gaps between the fender and bumper, bumper trim and lower valance are all good. I admit the hood is a little off on inspection. It's hard to tell if it's an alignment issue. I looked inside the passenger fender and didn't see any evidence of damage. I also looked along the inner trunk. Please examine the photos. It's a nice can and certainly worthy of a look.

Quick Reply: 1975 Carrera for sale Will consider offers over 25K