Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1982 928 5sp 'Weissach' Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
King James
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1982 928 5sp 'Weissach' Edition

Year: 1982
Make: Porsche
Model: 928
Cont. Porsche Models: 928 (all)
Mileage (numbers only please): 123000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Champagne Gold
VIN: WP0JA0925CS822646
Price (no $ sign please): $4500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1982 928 ‘Weissach’ 5spd - Champaign Gold (unique color combination was never duplicated).

Vehicle Description
A true GT car, this special edition was limited to only 205 cars – the ‘Weissach’ edition featured all the standard ‘S’ model performance equipment (except the engine) a year early, including the front and rear ‘S’ spoilers and power sunroof. The handling is superb. It forgives drivers mistakes and charges out of corners eager to get to the next one.

Vehicle Condition
The condition of the drive train is very good. A recent compression test resulted in all 8 cylinders between 150-160 pounds. The car is not in perfect condition, but very solid for a 30 year old car with +123k miles. The body is solid and rust free with a couple of small dents as well as a few paint flaws and there could be work done to dress up the interior (usual shrinkage of leather around dash vents, worn driver seat, small tear in passenger seat). The car is stored from Halloween to Memorial Day (but run regularly throughout Winter) and is never driven in inclement weather. Replaced or rebuilt in last 5000 miles: New Borla exhaust (from downpipe back), Timing Belt/Water Pump, Fuel Injectors cleaned, balanced, blueprinted (WitchHunter Performance), Injector seal (x2), battery, fuel filter, oil/oil filter, Hood shocks (x2), Temp II sensor, O2 sensor, Vacuum lines (all), Intake manifold boots (x4), spark plugs. I’ve got one too many cars for my storage availability and I’ve had the 928 the longest (and enjoyed the most, too!), so it’s time for it to find a new home.
I am the 3rd owner of the car, the first owner drove and enjoyed the car, the 2nd owner invested over $9k restoring the car (all documented, 15-20k miles ago, including: New Clutch/pressure plate, New Torque Tube, Transmission, as well as many other bits and pieces.

Vehicle Extras Included
• Spare ECU
• Spare AFM
• A/C compressor (works great, bracket is broken)
• Flywheel lock tool
• Porken’s Belt Tensioner
• 9 volume 928 Workshop Manuals
• Assorted filters and other odds/ends
o Tool set
o Original Spare Tire
Attached Images      
Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 AM
injurylawyer
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Is it still for sale?

I am interested in a weekend car for my wife and I...are their any systems not working that we should know about (i.e.-A/C, etc.)? Any mechanical issues needing attention now? If so, any idea as to cost? We are in Florida and I am not certain if driving the distance would be a good idea...would you suggest a transport company? My email is sokoloff@bellsouth.net. Thanks. Elliot
Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Tlacek
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this 928 still available? I would like additional pictures of 4 sides, roofline, interior, engine bay, and known imperfections. Are all systems in working order? I have an in-law in state and may make arrangements for further evaluation. Timlacek@verizon.net
Old 06-13-2013, 08:41 PM
injurylawyer
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default King James, Where Art Thou?

Hi-We are still interested and did not know if the car sold. I had posted the 1st inquiry and just wanted to know when you get the chance to respond to it. Our email is sokoloff@bellsouth.net. Thanks again. Elliot.

Quick Reply: 1982 928 5sp 'Weissach' Edition