Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2003 Seal Grey 996TT - 45k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Seal Grey 996TT - 45k Miles

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 45000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Seal Grey
Price (no $ sign please): $46500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Well, I am not 100% sure on the idea of selling as I have only owned the car for 7 months, but I am constantly looking at picking up other vehicles and I currently have an opportunity to get into another M3 to help promote a friends’ business while being a bit more of a “raw” track car at the same time. That said, I am constantly “wowed” by the turbo on my weekend drives and will only sell if I can get my price.

The car is a 2003 996TT Seal Grey over Black Supple Leather with 45k miles in fantastic shape. Includes (2) Keys, All manuals, All navigation CDs, Extensive service records dating back to 2006, etc. Exterior paint has clearly been detailed all its life (zero swirls) and has spent its whole life garaged and pampered. Located in Richmond, Virginia.

Mods include:

1) GIAC 93 Octane Program (with handheld flash-loader retaining stock programming)
2) EVOMS Diverter Valves
3) Milltek Exhaust (200 Cell Cats)
4) Center Console Painted Seal Grey
5) Painted Rear Bumperettes
6) Aluminum and Leather OEM Shift **** and EBrake handle
7) Aluminum Pedal Set
8) Hella Smoked Front Indicators
9) 996 GT3 Style Wheels (wide-body offset, no spacers)
10) Short Shift Kit
11) Hardwired for Valentine 1 through Sunroof Panel

I purchased this car in October 2012 from Lamborghini of Dallas (where it was traded in by a Rennlist member on a Gallardo) and had my PPI done by RUF Auto Centre in Dallas where it passed with flying colors. I have a folder full of service records and receipts dating back to 2006 of all maintenance and modifications. Previous owner had all work done at Boardwalk Porsche in Dallas and like me, also spared no expense.
Only paintwork performed on the car is the passenger front fender and hood which have been painted by a previous owner, yet are still OEM panels with a perfect paint match (no accidents reported by CarFax). I only know as a result of paint gauge readings: entire car’s paint thickness is between 4-5mils, whereas the hood and front fender are 7mils.

During my ownership I have driven it daily on nice days, washed it 2x/month and done all maintenance immediately upon even thinking there might be a need. As you can see from the recent maintenance below, most every part on these cars known to fail with age has already been replaced giving you (and me while I own the car) peace of mind. Car pulls very hard (1.0 BAR on gauge) and truly needs nothing to serve as your DD or as the base for a monster build.

Recent Maintenance includes:
1) Replaced all (3) radiators and radiator hoses. Only the driver-side was leaking, but I opted to replace all (3) as preventative maintenance at 43,300 miles. ($2,100)
2) Replaced Alternator with new Bosch unit and Accessory Belt on 5/10/13. ($550)
3) Oil Change (Using Rotella T6 5w40) @ 44,640 miles (on 6/3/13)
4) Spark Plugs and Ignition Coils changed to 997 units at 39,700 Miles
5) Alignment and new Michelin PS2s (F&R) installed at 42k miles ($2,200)
6) New Interstate Battery (Installed March 2013)
7) Spoiler Hydraulic System Replaced at 34k miles ($2,100)
8) Replaced Clutch Accumulator (34k Miles)
8) Replaced DriverSide Litronic Headlight Unit @ 41,200 Miles ($700)
9) Brake Fluid Flushed (41,200 Miles)
10) Cabin Filter Replaced (41,200 Miles)

Negatives (and I am being very nit-picky here):

1) Inner Door Sill plastic has typical 996 wear (light scratches on the plastic). See pictures.
2) Front Bumper has rock chips as to be expected from a car with 44k miles.
3) There are (2) rock chips on the hood. Both are small and have been sealed with OEM touch up paint. See pictures.
4) There is a small scratch next to the sunroof panel (less than 1/2" and light).
5) GT3 wheels seem to have been refinished at some point. Driver front and passenger rear have small section of minor curb rash which has been filled, but is lightly noticeable up close. (See Photo)

At the time of my purchase the DME Readout for Over-Revs was as follows (reported by RAC as more than reasonable for a flashed car when I inquired on whether these was excessive):
Range1: 6524
Range2: 304

Title is held by PenFed but is clear. I will work with buyer to get the title quickly released.
Based on the market, recent maintenance performed, color combo, and desirable modifications, I am asking $46,500 which I know is more than fair for a car of this caliber with so much preventative maintenance already knocked out. Car will also come with stock exhaust and amber corner lights.

Please no marketers and do not PM me an absurd offer in the $30s. I am only selling to make room and because my wife thinks its absurd that I own 3 cars with a 3 mile commute.

Last edited by RogueM3; 06-04-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:00 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Blemishes (mentioned above):

Door Sill:

Hood Chips:

Wheel Blemish:

Service Record Pile:

Any questions, please feel free to PM me or email to RogueM3 at Gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:08 PM
RogueM3
Pro

PMs replied to.

To answer the obvious, yes price is somewhat negotiable, but I also also won't be selling for 10% under my asking price.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:13 PM
RogueM3
Pro

After PMing with a few other members who recently sold their cars, I dropped the price to $46,500. That seems to be roughly market value for an '03 and doesn't factor in every single piece of preventative maintenance already having been completed.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM so we can discuss pricing...

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM
RogueM3
Pro

SOLD!

Quick Reply: 2003 Seal Grey 996TT - 45k Miles