Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1990 944 S2

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:31 AM
dalves11
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 1990 944 S2 - SOLD

Year: 1990
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Cont. Porsche Models: 944S2
Mileage (numbers only please): 110300
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows
Color: Blue
VIN: WP0CB2943LN481233
Price (no $ sign please): $6500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Car is Sold - Thank You

Baltic Blue with Linen interior. I’m the third owner. Bought this car over ten years ago with only 50k miles in California. We have since moved to and actually drove across country in this car to the east coast. All maintenance records since I’ve owned and there was evidence of previous owner’s maintenance when I bought it.
Timing belt/water pump changed 4/2011 at 106k miles. New tires 10/2011 at 107k miles.
It has shared daily driving duty with my motorcycle and has always been very road worthy. Exterior and interior are not perfect, AC does not work, but car runs and drives well. Has not let me down. Top and rear window in great shape. Clean carfax that I can email. Manuals, leather bra, and sunshade. Pre Purchase Inspections welcomed.
Selling because after a few years of searching have finally bought a 993 Not enough garage space for both

More photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8310038...7630674419670/
Attached Images      

Last edited by dalves11; 07-23-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: update with picture link
Old 07-20-2012, 08:29 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did u have this on ebay as well? i think i saw a car similar to yours. car looks very nice.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 PM
dalves11
Rennlist Member

Yes, that’s my car. I have posted it in a few different spots. Ebay has a “sell it local” option that is free.

I’ve surprisingly gotten a good amount of responses so let me go into more detail on what I mentioned is not perfect. I’m also loading more photos to Flickr to share.

The AC slowly started getting warmer and warmer over a month’s time so I stopped using it. Didn’t want to burn out the compressor if it was losing the refrigerant that keeps it oiled. It was late fall and then we moved in the spring. Up here in the northeast I’ve done without it. That was three years ago. Nothing cools the cabin quicker than dropping the top, but this year there has been some hot days where if it worked I would have used it. All components are intact.

The paint is not original. Previous owner had car painted. PPI I had didn’t find any evidence of accident damage. I’ve since had front clip repainted because of rock chips. There have been rock chips added since and there are some small scratches all around the car. I have a leather bra I use when going on suspect trips but these cars seem to get a lot of rock chips.

Linen interior shows all flaws. There are small stains here and there. The dash has cracks. The driver side seat outside bolsters has a good amount of wear. The passenger side seat has a seam that’s a little torn.

Convertible top including rear window was replaced back in 2005. Still in great shape. Top operation I say is unknown. It worked that last time I took it out of “manual mode”. I have not tried it in over a year, and I’d rather not try. Manual mode is faster/better and I don’t want to tempt breaking something. I think most keep theirs in manual mode.

I tend to always get an alignment done whenever I get a new set of tires. But before doing that I freshened up the front end by replacing the ball bearings, control arm bushings and ball joints. All done 11/2011.

The brake pads have about 1/3 life left. Rotors will need replacing when pads are done.

Looking through the clutch inspection port there’s plenty of life left. It hasn’t really moved since I bought the car. The throw-out bearing has always been on the noisy side though.

There’s a little oil seepage on the oil thermostat housing cap. Does not produce enough to make a spot on garage floor. There was also one on the oil level sensor but I replace the gasket and it has seemed to stop.

When the timing belt was last replaced (4/2011) the cam chain pads were also replaced. A full tune-up with new plugs and filters was also done.

The radio speakers are not in good shape and when car is turned off a pop is heard through them. Haven’t been able to track that down.

Reading back all these negatives I think I’m doing a bit of an injustice to the car. It runs great and I get a lot of complements. But it is a 22 year old car that is a daily driver used year round. I’ve documented everything I’ve done to the car the last 10 years including every time it gets filled up with gas. PPIs are welcomed.

I’ll be updating my other posts with this added info.

Thanks
Dan
Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

This would make an awesome DD for someone down south and great gas mileage to boot! From the sounds/looks of it you took care of this car! GLWS!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Fun car,I had two.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:52 AM
dalves11
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. It has been a fun car.

Updated with link to more photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8310038...7630674419670/
Old 07-23-2012, 12:19 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 311 Posts

Cute car ~ do you know why the A/C does not work?

Quick Reply: 1990 944 S2