Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

71 Plymouth Road Runner

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:38 AM
dontnow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 Plymouth Road Runner

Year: 1971
Make: Plymouth
Model: Road Runner
Mileage (numbers only please): 46500
Color: Yellow
Price (no $ sign please): $24999
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: AM Radio

I am selling my 71 Road Runner which I never thought I would sell. I bought it from the original owner about 8 years ago and it has always lived in Arizona. The car started out as a "restomod" stock color combo (since it is super rare) with better brakes (Willwood), bigger wheels (Weld Racing) and tires, suspension (Mopar Performance heavy duty). Then my friends bought drag cars, so I built this 440 with the intent to run high 11's. Per the computer programs, and cam builder it has ~560 hp, which in "bad" air and questionable traction will push the car to 11.70's.

The seats were rebuilt w/Legendary upholstery, new carpet, package tray, divider panel etc. Has dash cracks, but includes a formed overlay.

Has front and rear spoilers, recent paint, new stickers and emblems, has an aftermarket power window kit, not yet installed.

Engine specs are: balanced forged crank, SCAT H beam rods, SPI damper and flexplate, 10.8:1 compression coated pistons, Mopar Perf Stage VI aluminum heads w/large valves, raised ports, stainless steel roller rockers, custom pushrods, Hughes racing hydraulic cam kit, double springs, stainless steel valves, Mopar Perf M1 single plane intake and Mighty Demon 850 carb. Sounds incredible and runs strong. Has ~100 miles on engine.

Trans has Mopar Perf 3000 stall convertor, all built internals and full manual forward pattern valve body.

Diff has fresh posi, and bearings.

Car has aluminum radiator, water pump housing and pump, MSD ignition box, proform distributer, Sanden AC compresor and tons more.

Steering was converted to manual for weight savings, but car comes w/power steering gear and pump. Also comes with original 383 engine, and hood (had to get glass hood to clear the 440)

This car gets a ton of attention and is a blast to drive. Odo shows ~46k, original owner couldn't remember if correct. Pedal pads kind of look like low miles.

Anyway, I have a ton of money in this but need some money to pay off a business debt. I would consider a trade for a 951, 944S2 or 968 and cash.

daperformance@yahoo.com
Attached Images      
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

very cool! GLWS
Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

How dependable would you say this is for a Route 66 tour eastward?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
dontnow
Pro

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
How dependable would you say this is for a Route 66 tour eastward?

That was my intention when I got the car, hense the full interior, no roll cage, power window kit and new style ac compressor. My goal was to go from L.A. to the middle of the country on Rte 66. Whenever I am in No. AZ I like to drive on it and explore. Then I got carried away with the engine. I think it would make it fine, but I would feel more comfortable with a more mild engine. Like the original one that comes with the car. Put the 383 back in it, exhaust all the way out the back and it would be a great cruiser. Sell off the 440 and you could be in the car for little.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:17 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

If you have any additional pics please send to treeinc@gmail.com. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:22 AM
dontnow
Pro

Sold, thanks for looking.

Quick Reply: 71 Plymouth Road Runner